Topic: 9of9's Defiant... Weird o_0  (Read 2675 times)

yochenhsieh

9of9's Defiant... Weird o_0
« on: April 16, 2008, 09:13:17 pm »
Hello,
Does any one know who did the porting job of 9 of Nine's BC defiant?
http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/9of9_Uss_Defiant;25776

The whole model is just... weird. Its diffusion maps are all missing, and the mesh uses only illumination maps for texturing. I tried to change the mapping to the normal way that a SFC model should be, but never succeed.:-( Could any one please check it out when you have time? I want to make SFC3 damage maps on it.

Thanks,

You-Cheng Hsieh

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
Re: 9of9's Defiant... Weird o_0
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 09:21:38 pm »
You could always use WZ's Defiant.

I have permission from LC to port his Defiant model, but I haven't done so yet.  Guess I should.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

yochenhsieh

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 09:55:15 pm »
It would be useful if you could make break models for it. Many models ported from BC don't have break model so that I cannot use them in SFC3, e.g. CG's Sovereign, SNS Galaxy, LC Warbirds, etc.

However, I have been request several times that 9of9's Defiant is a one of the most wanted model for my mod. So I would still hope that if any one can help just take a look at it and figure out what's going wrong...

Thanks for your response,

You-Cheng Hsieh

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 10:25:24 pm »
The Mesh is mirrored, for starters. I have fixed that. It needs proper lightmaps to be made for it. Can you do that yourself?
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 11:05:08 pm »
it can be downloaded at BCfiles, you simply save all the textures as bmp and you'll have the diffuse, copy and paste the alpha for the ilums. Shouldn't take too long to do if you have or know someone with adobe.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 11:14:24 pm »
The poly count on the .mod in the folder is 7924 after clean up it's 3952 I don't know what app was used to convert it to .MOD originally, but it didn't do a very good job.

I can give you an unlit version of it if you want.

yochenhsieh

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2008, 02:25:44 am »
The poly count on the .mod in the folder is 7924 after clean up it's 3952 I don't know what app was used to convert it to .MOD originally, but it didn't do a very good job.

I can give you an unlit version of it if you want.
Hi,
Thanks a lot for all your help. I can make illumination maps myself. Could you please upload it as attachment of your post? (Will it be too large?)

[EDIT]I've uploaded Defiant textures in the attachment.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 02:37:34 am by You-Cheng Hsieh »

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2008, 06:13:44 pm »
Here's the model. Good job on the lightmaps. The model looks good. It took me a couple of tries to get the break model with the escape pods. I hadn't ever done (or seen) anything like that. I didn't break the model up into too many pieces (just 4) because the escape pods count as 8 pieces by themselves (for a total of 12 pieces). I've included a screenie of the breakmod (because I think it's cool :D).

You'll need to do your own gamefiles. Sorry, I'm not an SFC3 modeler and wouldn't know where to start.

Redid the attachment. Didn't take the 1st time, for some reason?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2008, 06:52:45 pm by Rod ONeal »

yochenhsieh

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2008, 06:55:16 pm »
Here's the model. Good job on the lightmaps. The model looks good. It took me a couple of tries to get the break model with the escape pods. I hadn't ever done (or seen) anything like that. I didn't break the model up into too many pieces (just 4) because the escape pods count as 8 pieces by themselves (for a total of 12 pieces). I've included a screenie of the breakmod (because I think it's cool :D).
The lightmaps were made by 9of9, I just extract them from 32bit .tga textures of BC. I will change the readme for correct credits. This would be the second ship in my mod which has escape pods. (The first is a Galaxy class kitbashed by knox1711.)
You'll need to do your own gamefiles. Sorry, I'm not an SFC3 modeler and wouldn't know where to start.
Making damage maps(*D.bmp), make UI shots(BS/TI/VL.bmp), create .gf file(glowing groups/HP UI placement), recache .x files, and it should be done. I will release it seperately after it's released in my mod.

Thanks for your hardwork!  :)

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2008, 09:50:23 pm »
You're welcome. It's not a big thing. I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately. Gives me something to do that I can accomplish quickly.

yochenhsieh

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 06:30:37 pm »