Topic: Help please!! Really odd connection issue.  (Read 2717 times)

Offline Macgyver

• Lt. Junior Grade
Help please!! Really odd connection issue.
« on: September 10, 2007, 10:05:54 pm »
So all of a sudden my game locks up when it says "Starting query process" I have to force quit it.

I uninstalled, deleted the folder, then reinstalled the game. It does the exact same thing.

The only thing I can think that changed on my computer were sound drivers, but they are actually the same drivers I had before, I just reinstalled them because I messed up my sound card by installing old drivers.

Any ideas? Any more info you need? This is really getting annoying, I am at a loss on how to fix this.

Offline GFL Offkey

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Galactic Foriegn Legion
Re: Help please!! Really odd connection issue.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 12:12:58 am »
macguyver here is what you need to check.
Router settings. Dynaverse.net access package. i will get with you and fix the issue as soon as i am off work.

Offline Macgyver

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Help please!! Really odd connection issue.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 05:47:59 pm »
Great thanks offkey, I have tried everything. I even reformatted my computer but it does the exact same thing.

It is definatly an access server issue, this is why I think that.

I installed sfc3 then tried to connect, it was looking for access server and did not freeze.

I installed 534 patch, tried it, did not freeze because it was looking for access server.

Installed the access server directory update, it connected to access server, then game locked up like it usually does.

Did something change on the access server?

I guess the only other thing thats left is router settings, but I did not change them from the time it worked to when it didn't work. . . .