Topic: =/\= Rumors Confirmed! way to go Shanter, you dork!  (Read 4821 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= Rumors Confirmed! way to go Shanter, you dork!
« on: January 13, 2007, 11:21:34 am »
from  /. my favorite tech news source: http://slashdot.org/articles/07/01/13/0626203.shtml

An anonymous reader writes "The rumors that the next Star Trek movie would revolve around the earliest missions of Kirk and Spock have been confirmed by William Shatner in a Sci Fi Wire interview. J.J. Abrahms (creator of 'Lost') will direct, and has confirmed that a draft script is completed. So, the question is, will Shatner appear as a reminiscing older Kirk in the beginning, setting up the rest of the movie as a flash-back, or will geriatric-Kirk and young-Kirk meet?"

so all the speculation is apparently true. so what does that mean for us long-time trek fans? well for most us, we are bitter, jaded and frankly pissed off at the current state of the trek line. there is a new hope (sorry for the pun) that with the lost director the trek line will gain some brilliance and recapture fans who have been "lost" by the stupid plot-lines and hackneyed time jump storylines.

but, what will happen to shatner for leaking this? do you think this leak was "planned"? i think so. to convenient for me. what do you think? discuss!
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
Re: =/\= Rumors Confirmed! way to go Shanter, you dork!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 11:32:42 am »
That is if you think Lost is good,...lost lost me personnaly after the Xth flashback of some boring character ,..the whole thing is simmilar unpleasing as  x files,,,. like chewing gum,... endless  empty episodes for a supposedly existing ridle , that in the end is at best faint.
SO if that guy is doing a flashback movie on Treck i say,..YACK!!
FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Director - Diplomatic Division

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 07:24:53 pm »
Let's not pass judgment yet, J.J.Abrams hasn't actually created anything yet. The project hasn't shot any footage yet.

However, just in case it sucks, we can start building the portable gallows and pre-arrange the lynch mob before hand!! ;D

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 11:07:46 am »
Honestly, I really couldn't care less about the actors in the movie... I mean, I hope they do a good job and all that (yada yada)... I have my memories of Trek, and no remake will change those.  There is only one character in Trek that I am honestly shivering with aniticipation to see...

Hrrh

Enterprise.  And if this truly takes place at academy, then we should be seeing some other variant hulls as well.  Maybe a destroyer, a tug or two?  I am super jazzed about seeing the ships and the tech. 

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 11:31:14 am »
This makes me happy. There are a few Books that deal with kirks father, being chief of security on Capt. Aprils Enterprise, so If Shatner was to take this role in the movie, I would be very happy.

What worries me is that It will be Nimoy and Shatner having a cameo, talking about the good old days, or there first mission.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:47:40 pm »
With the cast fleshed out at least we have a general date for the movie set in the neighborhood of 2260
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 01:24:30 pm »
With the cast fleshed out at least we have a general date for the movie set in the neighborhood of 2260

That's pretty close to when the first Enterprise launched. :D

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline kmelew

• "From the Place of the Hops-Growers"
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 04:23:33 pm »
This makes me happy. There are a few Books that deal with kirks father, being chief of security on Capt. Aprils Enterprise, so If Shatner was to take this role in the movie, I would be very happy.

What worries me is that It will be Nimoy and Shatner having a cameo, talking about the good old days, or there first mission.

Stephen

Try to pick this up.  One of the amusing scenes I remember from this book was Kirk showing up to the change of command ceremony (nearly late) with a buzz on... ;D
"I'm Kmelew, and I approve this post."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 10:17:08 am »
I have that one, Made peace with the Klingons, saved the Teddy Bears. It was a good one, and the Peguses on the ship, was hillarious.

Stephen

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 04:05:29 pm »
Hopefully the uniforms will be the same as the ones in the original two pilots of TOS, to keep continuity.

Also, sidearms will be Hand Lasers, keeping with the TOS continutity.

Those flexilamp type monitor viewers on the bridge and Kirk's chair, later replaced in TOS, with those desktop mini-monitors.

I do hope that the set designers study the original pilots and recapture the look of the Pike Era and "Where No Man Has Gone Before" pilots.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 08:36:24 am »

Stephen

No it isn't.  She was launched in 2245.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 02:14:14 pm »

Stephen

No it isn't.  She was launched in 2245.
He was referring to the date Kirk started his first five year mission.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."