Topic: SS REESES NAR-208 (WIP 12/10/07)  (Read 4890 times)

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
SS REESES NAR-208 (WIP 12/10/07)
« on: December 10, 2007, 01:57:23 pm »
At the turn of the 23rd century, the workhorse Daedalus class starships had reached their retirement ages. In addition, their designs were fast becoming obsolete as warp dynamics design theories progressed. The S.S. Reeses was an attempt to integrate new ideas with existing characteristics as an interim exploration vessel. The primary hull, a simple sphere on the Daedaluses, is now a saucer-shape designed to enhance warp field flow around the ship. The engineering hull, while still a simple pressure cylinder, incorporates an early example of field-flow undercut at the stern.
Length overall: 744 feet, 10 inches
Width at saucer: 314 feet 10 inches
Maximum speed: Warp 6
Crew: 250

The Reeses and her kind were sucessful explorers and broadened the Federation's knowledge of its galactic neighborhood. Here, the Reeses surveys planetary systems in a nest of young, blue stars.

Time Period: Before Star Trek, the original series.

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: SS REESES NAR-208 (WIP 12/10/07)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 02:00:20 pm »
I am corrently working on getting permission for a general release for use in game for the designer  "InPayne"
if anyone is interested in useing it.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 02:47:31 pm »
It's a really cool design, I'd certainly like to see a model. Is it just me or does the secondary hull look like a Slurpee cup?
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Cromwell

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • These are the voyages...
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 03:59:57 pm »
This is a very interesting design for TOS. Keep working on it, I would love to see this finished.

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 05:10:38 pm »
This is a very interesting design for TOS. Keep working on it, I would love to see this finished.

Actually according to the designer its just before TOS.

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 06:25:34 pm »
Small update

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 07:11:19 pm »
good to see nothing happened to ya. ANd nice work. ALso, I've talked to InPayne in the past about putting designs in (cour de lion, grand allaince, peregrine, ect) as long as he's credited he's fine.

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 10:43:10 pm »
A little more and some better views

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 11:10:06 pm »
Impressive pace :D This'll likely be a must-have for any fan of early 23rd century starships
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Cromwell

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • These are the voyages...
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 12:35:53 am »
When I said TOS I was mostly referring to the design style which is TOS themed as apposed to any other era style. I meant no disrespect ofcourse. I can't wait to see how this turns out. I'll be watching this one closely if for no other reason than I really enjoy you dedication to an interesting design.

Offline Antivyrus

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 10:10:02 pm »
The mesh is finished as far as the design is concerned. However, this being a galaxy exploration vessel its quite naked as far as weaponry goes. So with me being ignorant to the types and placement of TOS and Pre-TOS weapons and and all suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 10:32:01 pm »
I'll open with two phaser turrets on the top and bottom of the primary hull same location as the TOS Enterprise with a 180 degree forward firing arc and a pair of drone launchers one on each side of the deflector in place of torpedoes. Possibly a single phaser turret on the rear beneath the shuttlebay.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 10:56:15 pm »
The mesh is finished as far as the design is concerned. However, this being a galaxy exploration vessel its quite naked as far as weaponry goes. So with me being ignorant to the types and placement of TOS and Pre-TOS weapons and and all suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated.

I would go by Payne's schematic  ;)

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 11:03:40 pm »
Only weapon I see on that is a single phaser turret. Seems horribly undergunned.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 11:38:15 pm »
Only weapon I see on that is a single phaser turret. Seems horribly undergunned.

It's a phaser turret on a track which means it would have a 280 degree firing arc approximately. Add a drone rack or 2 ....Works for me  :)

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 11:46:56 pm »
Well yes, throw in a drone rack or two and I'd be happy as well. Well maybe one emitter track on bottom, a matching one on top, one emitter rear facing and a rack or two. Roughly half my opening bid.  :)
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 12:44:03 am »
Honestly this ship feels like a Pre-Phaser ship.

Have a few banks of Lasers mounted like on the Connie, and then have a Particle (Phase) Cannon flanking them.

Secondary Weapons: Photon Torpedoes are still good, but a couple of Cobalt Fusion (ie Drone) Torpedoes work for back up.

Basically I'd go with this:

2 Forward Laser Banks, 1 Forward Particle Cannon
2 Aft Laser Banks, 1 Aft Particle Cannon
2 Starboard Laser Banks
2 Port Laser Banks
2 Photon Torpedo Tubes Forward
2 Cobalt Fusion Torpedo Tubes Aft

Maybe a bit over gunned, but remember.  Laser were for Shield Penetration, Particle Cannons were for Hull Pulverization.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 02:12:17 am »
Honestly this ship feels like a Pre-Phaser ship.

Have a few banks of Lasers mounted like on the Connie, and then have a Particle (Phase) Cannon flanking them.

Secondary Weapons: Photon Torpedoes are still good, but a couple of Cobalt Fusion (ie Drone) Torpedoes work for back up.

Basically I'd go with this:

2 Forward Laser Banks, 1 Forward Particle Cannon
2 Aft Laser Banks, 1 Aft Particle Cannon
2 Starboard Laser Banks
2 Port Laser Banks
2 Photon Torpedo Tubes Forward
2 Cobalt Fusion Torpedo Tubes Aft

Maybe a bit over gunned, but remember.  Laser were for Shield Penetration, Particle Cannons were for Hull Pulverization.

But remember SFC does not have lasers, particle cannons or cobolt fusion torpedoes so...this wont work.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 11:20:20 am »
Actually, if you don't mind using Phaser-2 (or 3s) for the Lasers and the Heavy Phaser - B for the Particle Cannons, they work pretty good.  The Cobalt Fusion Torpedoes would just be drone launchers.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 04:52:19 pm »
Actually, if you don't mind using Phaser-2 (or 3s) for the Lasers and the Heavy Phaser - B for the Particle Cannons, they work pretty good.  The Cobalt Fusion Torpedoes would just be drone launchers.

Well personally for me that won't work as I use the different phasers to represent era's IE the weakest being ENT era. But I see what you're saying  :)