Poll

Is there enough BSG fans here to support a Colonial Command sfcop mod with Trek as pirates?

Yes sounds good where do i find more info
Yes sounds good for the community but i am not a BSG fan so i will not download or post in your threads about them
Mabee what about the models are You the only modeler ?
No this is mostly a Trek only forum
Go away stop posting here.

Topic: Battle Star Galactia project  (Read 5167 times)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Battle Star Galactia project
« on: February 23, 2008, 01:19:54 am »
All Viewers PLEASE VOTE regardless of posting in this thread. Dont be a lazy non voter   :hoppinmad:  :P

Edit the poll is for sfc2  i cant seem to change the question ,  all eras of BattleStar Galactia even fan themes will try to be fit in.  ;D  yea even Galactia 1980

Here are a few w.i.p. models that may be in the mod if there is enough player download support.

Here is what a few finished ships would look like.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008, 12:42:57 am by Kreeargh »
Time for life!

Offline dragoon

• Lt.
Re: Battle Star Galactia project
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 09:33:23 am »
I would download.
And those are some nice looking models!
God said to the Welsh: 'I am going to give you this glorious land of lakes and mountains.' So where's the catch, asked the Welsh? 'Wait until you see the neighbours,' replied God.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:50:05 am »
Go for it!
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 07:04:28 pm »
i can't vote if i don't understand the question.

the foundry ship is already made but would be fun to see another one.

some bsg mod are always welcome.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 08:38:50 pm »
Awesome!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 11:10:51 pm »

Here's how I read it:

Are there enough *new* Battlestar Galactica fans to support a Colonial (Human) SFC2 mod with StarTrek races as pirates?

I personally answered the "Yes, good for the community, but I'm not a fan" option.  If there were any Original Series ships, then yes.. I'd be happy to see a lot of stuff.  New series, ehhh.  Whatever.  But, personal preference, and good for the community if they are built for the new series..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 12:33:23 am »

Here's how I read it:

Are there enough *new* Battlestar Galactica fans to support a Colonial (Human) SFC2 mod with StarTrek races as pirates?

I personally answered the "Yes, good for the community, but I'm not a fan" option.  If there were any Original Series ships, then yes.. I'd be happy to see a lot of stuff.  New series, ehhh.  Whatever.  But, personal preference, and good for the community if they are built for the new series..

He he i guess thats why ppl hire wrighters i am not one lol   question sfc2 fans is there enough fans to justafy the work making a battlestar galactia conversion mod for that game?  Trying to get all eras to fit in and fan models and designs to corraspond with those eras. Some changes to stock game would be music if possable , Highly detailed models, missions if a scripter is found, accurately speced ships as possable,  the only trek would be the non playable pirates i belive.    The mod may be made for sfc OP but filling 18 races with BSG isnt easy. So the poll is for sfc2 i guess.
Time for life!

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 06:16:03 am »
now you're question is clear :)

sure it can be great.

so you want to make the colonial as a race alone or want to put all that is bsg (both version) into one race?

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 01:56:00 pm »
now you're question is clear :)

sure it can be great.

so you want to make the colonial as a race alone or want to put all that is bsg (both version) into one race?
  Set the ships up by era for campain play. For instance Colonial in one slot so old Galactia will show up in early era Fan design Galactia mid era and New show Galactia late era. But not sure yet that will have to be debated on IF the project is a go.
Time for life!

Offline Don Karnage

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008, 02:09:28 pm »
well for the colonial you will need a lot of ship :)

the cylon also will need a lot of ship, but the idea is good.

just need more race to play.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008, 02:17:34 pm »
  It would be interesting but I am not sure if OP could handle the weapon layout and fighter load of a Battlestar.  From what I have seen from watching the show the ship has a ton of phaser/laser turets, rapid fire (not sure of damage level tho)  Rember those waves of shots pouring out of BSG.  Also lost of missles, but mainly waves of fighters.  With the limits on OP you can't get close.

But now with some time, EAW might be able to support it.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 02:34:24 pm »
Mirvs and amd would give you all waves of amo pooring out.  Sounds pretty messy though.  Would vipers and raiders be PFs? Would they be armed with ph-3s and in late era gatling phasers?
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2008, 04:13:25 pm »
Mirvs and amd would give you all waves of amo pooring out.  Sounds pretty messy though.  Would vipers and raiders be PFs? Would they be armed with ph-3s and in late era gatling phasers?

I guess it all depends on who wants to contribute with spec help. I really dont want to see starbase phasers and plasma Rs on fighters and ect. It would be nice to see it semi accurate within the limmits of the game.  With not being able to change the ui in the game i am not sure its worth the trouble.
Time for life!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 01:17:56 am »
Well ive got alot done since the forums have been down but no one has bothered to do anything to help with this project other than ask for my Models.
So i dont think this project will be worth the effort. My time doesnot cost me $ but it does cost me time with my 13 month boy and wife. This is NOT a 1 man project so i am sorry to say it is not going to be a reality.  Maybe outlance or someone would be willing to make the BSG/SFC conversion a reality.
 I will be releasing the models i have made for Freelancer since thats what they were made for. If Any one wishes they be ported to sfc let me know other than that they will stay in that game format. I am NOT LOOKING for any fandom devoted to me i am thinking of the community and keeping SFC2 and OP up and running as for games to play and mod.
Time for life!

Offline FA Frey XC

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Captain
    • XenoCorp.Net
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 04:55:19 am »
I'd love to work with you on this mod - I've just been busy getting D.Net back up!

Let me know, or I can incorporate the models (with credit to you of course, and with your permission) into the upcoming XenoCorp Ships Pack , release 3.

Regards!

Vice President of Technology,
Dynaverse Gaming Association
Owner, CEO XenoCorp Inc.

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 04:39:39 pm »
Pls don't get discouraged. I think it's an interesting idea.

Problem would be incorporatign it. Both TOS and 2003 use vastly different tech. If you standardize them you lose the flavor, if you keep them you have to plot explain why.

A compelling story should be fleshed out (just an outline first) before worrying about the next steps.

Something like this could be very cool so keep it on the back burner.

I would dump the idea of including G-80 though... :-X I mean did anything from it merit inclusion (that is not an insult to TOS)?

Consider the cloaking tech. ONE squad of 5-7 vipers cloaked even for an hour (batteries last 24 hours!) could decimate any Cylon force eventually.

Not to mention the time travel. Um SCREW EARTH history... Pillage Earth for any diff tech not possessed and THEN use time travel, head back tot eh colonies (no Cylon impedance) and "gift" your ancestors with all this lovely advanced tech.

There you utterly defeated the Cylons, saved 13 planets (the Colonies and a still ignorant Earth) and didn't need to fire a shot!

Seriously I can barely think of G-80 issues without developing a brain anuerism!  :D

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 11:56:30 pm »
Pls don't get discouraged. I think it's an interesting idea.

Problem would be incorporatign it. Both TOS and 2003 use vastly different tech. If you standardize them you lose the flavor, if you keep them you have to plot explain why.

A compelling story should be fleshed out (just an outline first) before worrying about the next steps.

Something like this could be very cool so keep it on the back burner.

I would dump the idea of including G-80 though... :-X I mean did anything from it merit inclusion (that is not an insult to TOS)?

Consider the cloaking tech. ONE squad of 5-7 vipers cloaked even for an hour (batteries last 24 hours!) could decimate any Cylon force eventually.

Not to mention the time travel. Um SCREW EARTH history... Pillage Earth for any diff tech not possessed and THEN use time travel, head back tot eh colonies (no Cylon impedance) and "gift" your ancestors with all this lovely advanced tech.

There you utterly defeated the Cylons, saved 13 planets (the Colonies and a still ignorant Earth) and didn't need to fire a shot!

Seriously I can barely think of G-80 issues without developing a brain anuerism!  :D

How about an alternate universe theme canon and fanon of a sorts keep it as canon as possable with ship tech and go another way when it comes to story line, on the eras and ship designs how they got that way.  I don't think we have make a perfect BSG mod if people want that they can get the BSG game LOL.
On era tech my thoughts can use say ph3 for cannons on the old Galactia and slow small missiles, on the new Galactia maybe ph1 or g ph for the cannons and fast missiles etc Or could go radical and mod the textures of the plasmas and use them as missiles of a sort. There are the other races weapons like dizzys and the hydran weapons that can be used on the new tech Bsg. With all the weapons in sfc2 there is lots of possibility's. If it wasn't for the # of races in sfcOP i would say mod that but good luck trying to fill all the slots with bsg tech without throwing in other NON bsg ships in there . I don't want to see another scifi bash fest mod its not about the models its about the theme  just BSG canon and fan designs.
I do think this community has enough talent to fill the slots of sfc2 with BSG races even if we have to pay Atolm  to make up some enemy races other than cylons i bet it could happen.
Time for life!

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 07:42:28 am »
The new Cylons would have to be missile heavy, like the Mirak...those would be my first choice to supplant them.
Cloaking, and plasma is not really needed...

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 02:28:21 pm »
The new Cylons would have to be missile heavy, like the Mirak...those would be my first choice to supplant them.
Cloaking, and plasma is not really needed...

Yea im still wishy washy on what version of sfc that should be  BSG moded  I think the mirvs in OP would make good cylon weapons but there is less Race slots in SFC2 and even less in 3. I dont like how the models look in 3 though if you have the slightest smoothing error it shows it real well.   How about do 2 mods one for the 3 fans and another for OP or 2 ?   Need to keep the older games alive.
Time for life!

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 04:30:59 pm »
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 11:10:54 am by Fallen_Warrior »
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing