Topic: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)  (Read 99212 times)

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
Re: atheorhaven's WIP and release thread (re: TARDIS v3r released.. :)
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2011, 09:11:47 pm »
but should the waste barrels increase the ships explosion size? I mean, too many of those barrels will blast the moon out of orbit! ;)

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2011, 11:31:52 pm »
but should the waste barrels increase the ships explosion size? I mean, too many of those barrels will blast the moon out of orbit! ;)

Probably not, otherwise we'd have people sending Eagles in as suicide bombers to take out entire fleets of capital ships.  :p

It's more the idea of building the texture to be modular sort of.. having different textures that I can quickly change for different needs.

The red striping for instance is just a layer that I can turn on and off in my paint program, and can change the colour to do different things.  Was thinking of a medical Eagle for instance, diplomatic Eagle, that kind of thing.  :)
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2011, 10:50:44 pm »
Got the go-ahead from WZ45 on the kitbash, just hoping to hear from Atra now..

Am also hoping that getting a msg from Atra won't turn into a SETI project.. I hear he's been difficult to reach for the last year or so..

Going to do up the base for the Medical Eagle shortly, as well as the Diplomatic Eagle.  May do up a couple more versions and then release those skins as a texture pack on this thread.  Then people can download those textures once they get their hands on the Eagle itself.  Can't repackage the Eagle as it's Atra's and WZ45's with them, so will release the textures sperately.

On the other fronts, sending Mackie a battleship tonight and also going to recommence some work on my TARDIS pack., as well as doing some conversions for Mackie and some small things here and there to support some of my other stuff.  As I mentioned earlier, have an idea for my Dalek mesh I want to try.  :)

It's a long weekend here, so hopefully I'll get more than a little bit of time to work on things this weekend..

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #83 on: April 24, 2011, 04:08:38 pm »
Quick shot of the varients completed so far for th Eagle.. barring one (the transporter/lab varient) which requires mesh changes.  (Need to extrude out the side doors for that varient).

Raises a question though, the Red Rock version was non-canon and in Atra's.. would anyone like to see it updated as well for completeness?

Picture shows (top to bottom):

Standard
Medical
Frieghter
VIP

Was also thinking of doing two more non-caanon varients, a light or dark blue striped version (maybe an Earth varient) and the Red Rock version if anyone wants it updated.

Also, one concern I had would be how the textured freighter varient would look, but I think it's not looking too bad at all, even at angle..

(ps: Hawk update.. sent out a link for testing how it looks ingame.  Seeing I haven't gotten permission for a general release yet, I'm sending out a private request version (*not final*) for testing purposes ingame to see how it plays/looks).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 04:45:41 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #84 on: April 24, 2011, 09:32:42 pm »
Eagles are looking really good, I like the variety, and a blue & Red rock version would be neat to see. And if you can extrude the pod to make the Lab, that'd be awesome lookin, I bet.

Ran a few test flights with the MarkX Hawk as a PF. Looked great! Below are some screen grabs, some with Kreeargh's Valkie model taking the place of a Sparrowhawk-E. Tried to grab a pic with a Eagle alongside for scale, but the AI wouldn't cooperate... :) 

I may post a few more for comparison, but fantastic looking. Great work Atheorhaven.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #85 on: April 24, 2011, 09:47:51 pm »
Eagles are looking really good, I like the variety, and a blue & Red rock version would be neat to see. And if you can extrude the pod to make the Lab, that'd be awesome lookin, I bet.

Ran a few test flights with the MarkX Hawk as a PF. Looked great! Below are some screen grabs, some with Kreeargh's Valkie model taking the place of a Sparrowhawk-E. Tried to grab a pic with a Eagle alongside for scale, but the AI wouldn't cooperate... :) 

I may post a few more for comparison, but fantastic looking. Great work Atheorhaven.

Looking sweet as I'd hoped.  Would live to see a shot or two of it firing at something to make sure weapons placement is correct, but these are awesome shots.  Thanks!

(ps: sent you a PM as well, hoping that you'll try out the new Eagle textures ingame..)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:05:47 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #86 on: April 24, 2011, 11:13:04 pm »
That Hawk is looking very, very nice!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2011, 01:09:02 pm »
That Hawk is looking very, very nice!

Certainly think so in some of these shots.. I particularly like shots 41 and 44.  :)

Almost finished it along with the Eagle retexture as well.  Been finding some great reference shots of the Eagles that I've been using to tweak textures for both, and once I'm happish with them and say they're done, I'll send the corrected textures out.  I've asked TAnimal if he wants to try the almost final Eagle textures as well so he can see how they fly against his other ships again.  Once/if I get Atra's permission for a general release for the Hawk kitbash, I'll release it.   Otherwise I can't release it without his permission.  But I should be able to release the new textures for the Eagles as I built them pretty well back up from scratch.  :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:24:54 am by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2011, 01:28:44 am »
Think the Eagle and the orange Hawk are completed now.. now it's just finishing the white Hawk.

So, improvement, yes?

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #89 on: May 05, 2011, 12:20:18 am »
Okay.. the white Hawk am done.. :)

Now, it's just waiting for permissions from Atra to release, and as well.. want to pass along updated textures to TAnimal to test with for both the Eagle and Hawk.

After this, probably back to my TARDIS once the Eagle and Hawks are released.  And that sounds a lot cooler than it probably will be... ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 12:43:42 am by atheorhaven »

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2011, 02:24:18 am »
Nice! ;D

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2011, 01:38:29 am »
Nice! ;D

Thanks.. just reposted over at Atra's board.. no response from the first one though.. may have to come up with an alternate idea on how to release..

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2011, 01:51:35 pm »
I was thinking that if Atra is no longer reading his board or the one here, that the best way to release would be to include his original archive of the Eagle, and then wrap it with an archive that has two seperate other archives, one with the updated textures (properly credited back to Atra and WZ45 with modifications by myself) and another with the Hawk kitbash and possible Eagle lab mesh, referring back to the original archive for the Eagle mesh credits (WZ45 and Atra) with mesh modifications and kitbash being done by myself.

That should allow a release making sure that all proper crediting is being done, especially if I can't get ahold of Atra directly.  Does this sound okay to everyone?  Original mesh is currently 10 years old and I've not been able to get ahold of Atra.  Otherwise, about all that I'll be able to release will be the updated texture pack for the Eagle.  :/

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
« Reply #93 on: May 12, 2011, 11:11:23 pm »
I think that what you propose should cover all the bases but I'm admittedly biased; as long as credit is given, though, all should be good, yes?

To help push the release along, I'll tempt you all with some pics of the White Hawk firing weapons and alongside  Atra's original Eagle; I'll try to post some of the re-textured Eagles in flight tomorrow.

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2011, 10:31:41 am »
I think that what you propose should cover all the bases but I'm admittedly biased; as long as credit is given, though, all should be good, yes?

I'd hope so, yes.. that's why I'd like to hear from him directly.. so I can know one way or another.  Otherwise, I risk honking him off, and I'd rather not do that..

To help push the release along, I'll tempt you all with some pics of the White Hawk firing weapons and alongside  Atra's original Eagle; I'll try to post some of the re-textured Eagles in flight tomorrow.

Any chances of flying both of the Eagles together?  The freighter hasn't been seen ingame before as an example, and should help demonstrate the difference between the original and retextured versions.

And the second question is: Is the Hawk fitting the look that you were wanting?  Is it fun to fly?  :D

Screenshots look great btw. :)

Also..

Diplomatic Eagle is almost complete.. here's a preview shot or two.  +1 for the first person who guesses what that logo is and another for where it came from.  ;)   (I expect Bernard to get this one btw).

Also, anyone have an idea where the Red Rock logo came from?  Would like to see a clear version of it..
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 02:22:59 pm by atheorhaven »

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2011, 08:40:33 pm »
Booster pack for the Eagles is done... no one has any idea where the Red Rock logo comes from, or if there's a better view of it?

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2011, 06:21:14 am »
Looks Great :)

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2011, 12:42:42 pm »
Agreed! These look terrific!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2011, 01:03:07 pm »
Thanks guys.. wasn't sure if anyone was looking at these or not.  :)

Booster pack of course required mods to the mesh, and brought up the polies on the final mesh (booster pack mesh is 2626 polies thereabouts)..  but uses all the original texture names so it's still a drop-in replacement.  My wife's "honey-do" list was compromised to allow me to complete this as a FYI for you guys, so I took some doghouse time for you guys.  ;)

There are always sacrifices for art, right?  :p

Anyways, still puzzling on how I'm going to be able to add in the laboratory version and keep the original textures aligned properly.. still a WIP.  :/

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #99 on: May 25, 2011, 01:04:00 pm »
Been working on a couple of side projects last couple of days while I'm waiting for feedback from Atra... oddly enough, working on something of Atra's.  Unintentional, but hey..

Had someone mention a carrier, so I started beefing up the original textures and brought them (size-wise) into the modern age.  You'll be able to see a bit how I work here as well.. I tend to start at the outsides and as well work on the centre and then work on the in-between bits, makes it seem like I work faster or something.  ;)  Illumination maps have been totally redone, and I think the base texture is probably going to change (unless people want it to stay the same), this ship looks like it's trolling for girls to go work the streets or something.  >=)  Image 5 shows how the textures are looking now that they've been increased so much in size, and the spine shot shows the re-worked area to show the comparison.

Dude that requested had what looked like a turtle on his head, and the other guy was wearing gold lame' , seemed a bit gruff and they didn't want "that stupid Federation nail polish" and then a word like "botox" that I think means that I'm Number One.  Or Number Two. :)

Oh, and thanks to Bernard for supplying the original archive.. otherwise I'd not be working on this side distraction while I'm waiting for word back on The Eagle/Hawk.  But if I don't hear back by Friday, I'll package up the original with the Hawk and the changed textures and point out in the credits for the Hawk that all credit for the mesh goes to Atra, and all blame for the kitbash is my fault.  ;)