Topic: KDF E-7 "Blood Honor" (quv 'lw) class battlecruiser wip...Need your help  (Read 32810 times)

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
Re: KDF E-7 "Blood Honor" (quv 'lw) class battlecruiser wip...update 5/1
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2008, 01:13:07 pm »
On a side note:
I know you want to keep her looking like the old D-7 but I'd love to see one with more pronounced armor plating like the BaQ

I plan on doing the BaQ very soon. I am probably going to lean on the heavy armor on that one :)

Ok, here is the completed pod, still iffy in a few places on the textures, but overall I think the theme is right. That almost concludes the Dorsal hull....next comes the Ventral work hehe.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
Re: KDF E-7 "Blood Honor" (quv 'lw) class battlecruiser wip...update 5/8
« Reply #81 on: May 08, 2008, 11:34:56 am »
Its looking amazing, infact the only other klink that i think comes close was your vorcha.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
Thanks...havent done a vorcha though. Do you mean the C-9A?

Here are pics of the aft section, with the top of the hanger deck and the lateral wing edge completed. Let me know what you think.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
...and I would also like some input on the plasma vents. Should I go with this pattern or a reverse pattern? (darker bars and lighter inserts)

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
I like the patten and placement. But that much red is kinda overkill the D7 used Teal vents...It was a pleasing color that worked with its colour scheme.. Perhaps it might work

I agree...after looking at it for a while, red did not work. So I went with an electric green, how is this....I plan on possibly toning down the glow, but for now I need it bright.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
more orange, like the bop engines, or the buttons and stuff you see on targeting screens on the bridge.

Offline Cromwell

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • These are the voyages...
I dunno, I think the green is overkill, how about something more neautral? perhaps a color that's been very greyed out so the tone of the color is a light touch and it's mostly a white glow. just my thoughts, lovely work by the way. Nice peice, the klingons needed an upgrade bad.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
Ok, how about this...here is a pic with the nacelle in green, teal and orange. I can of course change the hue a bit, but you get the idea. Red is already above. Here are the reasons for each choice.

Red fits the vents fore and aft.
Orange is a bow to the Negvhar.
Green is accurate to the TMP D-7.
Teal is closer to the TNG D-7.

So here are the choices, I would like to hear your preferred color and why. Thanks. I personally am partial to red.

Offline Rogue NineCH

• Rogue Starship Captain
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Rogue Shipyards
Why not just include all three textures and people can pick and choose whatever they want?  However if I had to choose one, I would pick green since TMP is my favorite era. Is it just me or does the Red look more like Orange?  No offense intended, I'm just trying to see if my monitor is acting up.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Why not just include all three textures and people can pick and choose whatever they want?  However if I had to choose one, I would pick green since TMP is my favorite era. Is it just me or does the Red look more like Orange?  No offense intended, I'm just trying to see if my monitor is acting up.

on my screen the red looks more like an orange color with a yellow wash.  So your monitor should be good.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
If you mean the colors in the pic, its green, teal, orange, top to bottom. The regular red one is a few pictures up.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
the red works best for me.. but id like to see other options..  ;)

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
I'm more swayed by the teal, but whichever colour you go for, I'd probably go for a less is more approach and scale it down somewhat.  Of course it might help to see the nacelle glows in context with the overall ship, but right now it looks like too much (at least to me) - particularly if you're aiming for more of TMP inspired Klingon scheme.

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
I would lose the red on the end caps as well and go with either all orange or all teal on the nacelles. (How's that for a total non consensus? lol)
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline wulf111

• Member of OutaLance Shipyards
  • Lt.
  • OutaLance, Where Dreams Become a Reality
I would lose the red on the end caps as well and go with either all orange or all teal on the nacelles. (How's that for a total non consensus? lol)

i agree with Rod on this one the red ends just dont fit right i would go all teal as well

Chuck Norris floats like a butterfly and stings like a tomahawk missile. At mach 3. In the face.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
Ok, here is all teal and all red. I prefer the all red, as IMO it really sets it apart from other older klingon ships, and has a much more aggressive look to it. However, teal or green (I would prefer green more) also has some good qualities, and of course is a better nod to the original.

One thing to consider is that both the warp plasma vents and deflectors on my fed ships have had color changes compared to standard Starfleet vessels. Warp plasma vents are a blue-purplish kind of color, and deflectors are all red instead of yellow or blue. So, having red vents on this ship would show the Fed connection.

Offline Rogue NineCH

• Rogue Starship Captain
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Rogue Shipyards

on my screen the red looks more like an orange color with a yellow wash.  So your monitor should be good.

Thanks for the help, I just got this monitor in February and I was hoping there wasn't anything wrong with it.

As for the colors, well now that I have seen the red and the green I am torn between the two.  What ever color you choose I think the nacelle looks better when the tips match the vents.  I see what you are saying about the red setting the ship apart from the rest with a more sinister appearance.  I say go with the red and then include the green to give us the best of both worlds. 

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
Damn thats sweet  :thumbsup: It needs a little weathering though in my opinion. Klinks dont go anywhere with out a little battle damage :P  Any plans for a high poly version for renderings etc? It looks too good for just a game model !
Time for life!

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
Thats pretty high praise, thank you. I think I have a long way to go though before Im satisfied with the textures. Im getting there though.

As to the weathering, I always start with a plain set like this. Then I add shadows, then a darken rgb around the edges, then the weathering (im not very good at it yet, but ill get better). Finally after that comes the panel lines so they blend into the shadows.

So thats why the pics of the panel are plain. I have to decide on the color first. Then I will add the detailing.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
red i reckon...  :)