Topic: KDF E-7 "Blood Honor" (quv 'lw) class battlecruiser wip...Need your help  (Read 32808 times)

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
Re: KDF E-7 "Blood Honor" (quv 'lw) class battlecruiser wip...update 7/11
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2008, 08:12:37 am »
Actually, I like the Torpedo Launcher best of all ...

... change nothing, as it 'goes forth and rocks'.

JM.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2008, 05:14:47 am »
Thanks for your input.

Anyone else? As long as it is ok with everyone, im going to move on to finishing up the ventral textures.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #162 on: July 15, 2008, 10:53:09 pm »
yes..or we'll still be discussing this next year... ;D

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2008, 01:31:13 pm »
Ok, Im almost finished with the ventral hull. There are still some parts that are untextured, and of course I need to add the detailing and weathering to the base textures, but you get the idea. Note that I did in fact decide to change the plasma vent to green...first, to closer resemble the original D-7, and second because the red washed out the ventral hull too much...basically too much red with the panels.

Here are the current pics.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2008, 05:36:30 pm »
The outline is a bit too green

They should be a glow effect on the actual hull for that area, so the engine grills should glow more than the outlined area.

I also agree with Mudd the trop launcher is pure beauty at its best
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #165 on: July 18, 2008, 08:33:14 pm »
Holy crap! She'll be an instant classic! Nice work RN.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #166 on: July 20, 2008, 10:21:15 am »
Ok, I made a few adjustments to the nacelle vent glows..

First, I removed the outer bright line, and adjusted the overall glow a bit to look like it is inside the nacelle. Then I changed the hue and brightness to better match what was seen on screen. This was the result..I can tweak it further if needed.

Offline Fedman NCC-3758

• Brother Federico the Feducator & Lord High Mokus
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #167 on: July 20, 2008, 11:24:25 am »

Looking awesome .....     :thumbsup:

Now taking bets.  Odds: two to one.

Which happens first: The models release or the thread reaches twenty pages.

;)

The Star Spangled Banner bring hither,
 O're Columbia's true sons let it wave.
May the wreaths they have won never wither,
 Nor it's stars cease to shine on the brave.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #168 on: July 20, 2008, 01:14:53 pm »
Hehe. Sorry guys. It takes me a while. Once I retire ill have much more time on my hands, so I should be able to knock them out quicker.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #169 on: July 20, 2008, 01:43:25 pm »
Hehe. Sorry guys. It takes me a while. Once I retire ill have much more time on my hands, so I should be able to knock them out quicker.

Its not you it is how almost all of them are released (or to put it, are not released, alot are teased and then shealved it seems).  But there is always a healthy debate on each of them.

Now as for the ship, 'tis not my tastes so it doesn't appeal to me, but it is a darn good ship, will make a great addition to the fleets.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #170 on: July 20, 2008, 05:05:08 pm »
Ok, I made a few adjustments to the nacelle vent glows..

First, I removed the outer bright line, and adjusted the overall glow a bit to look like it is inside the nacelle. Then I changed the hue and brightness to better match what was seen on screen. This was the result..I can tweak it further if needed.

I would say prefect on it now!
Think you hit it right on this version of the warp areas
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #171 on: July 20, 2008, 05:19:05 pm »

Its not you it is how almost all of them are released (or to put it, are not released, alot are teased and then shealved it seems).  But there is always a healthy debate on each of them.

Now as for the ship, 'tis not my tastes so it doesn't appeal to me, but it is a darn good ship, will make a great addition to the fleets.

Well I do have to agree some projects get shelved or lost, PC dies or gets replaced. I would also say that  most ppl who do not do this or tried it, do not realize how much time and effort go into it. Making the Model, unwraping it (this is harder to do than anything else) and finally making textures for it, the more detailed the longer it takes, all take a toll. Ask Cent when motivated and working on it diligently it can take 3 to 6 months just to get the textures right for the ship. Now add HPs and DPs Damage textures Spec maps, bump maps and other files for multi game releases and each ship takes a year or more to actually do to complete a project. If you treated it as a full time job 8-10 hours a day you could probably do it in 3-6 months but most of us can not devote that much time to it.

It takes as much time as it takes!

oh yeah and thanks for the updates Raven, and for allowing our opinions onto your ship. I know it is not always easy to keep up with a forum and the work you are doing.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #172 on: July 20, 2008, 05:38:13 pm »

Well I do have to agree some projects get shelved or lost, PC dies or gets replaced. I would also say that  most ppl who do not do this or tried it, do not realize how much time and effort go into it. Making the Model, unwraping it (this is harder to do than anything else) and finally making textures for it, the more detailed the longer it takes, all take a toll. Ask Cent when motivated and working on it diligently it can take 3 to 6 months just to get the textures right for the ship. Now add HPs and DPs Damage textures Spec maps, bump maps and other files for multi game releases and each ship takes a year or more to actually do to complete a project. If you treated it as a full time job 8-10 hours a day you could probably do it in 3-6 months but most of us can not devote that much time to it.

It takes as much time as it takes!

oh yeah and thanks for the updates Raven, and for allowing our opinions onto your ship. I know it is not always easy to keep up with a forum and the work you are doing.

I know, it takes a darn long time.  I have started to diddle on making a ship myself.  I have no time and it is frustrating when you can't work on your projects.  As these are done as a hobby and not for pay, they take way longer then most of us would figure (but when looking into the details some put on there ships I wonder how you could get them done as fast as they do).

a point I missed on it was these posts can grow way faster then a project can get done, 'specially if the project is tre' cool looking.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline SYLAR

• You will know when your next.
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I dont bite..
« Reply #173 on: July 26, 2008, 08:23:32 am »
I was about to say those engine grills should be modelled in. but the latter wip proved me completely wrong. i think you nailed it with that effort and this looks fantastic.
Time to shake things up a little. So dont take it to heart when i create waves.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2008, 02:00:30 am »
Thanks, I appreciate the comments and opinions. Keep em coming.

Im working on the pods under the wing, the only things left to texture. Then ill add the detailing/weathering, try my hand at making some hardpoints and then release her.

BTW, here is a shot of the E-7 with the old D-7 for scale, so you get the idea of what size I am shooting for.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 02:27:31 am by Raven Night »

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
Re: KDF E-7 "Blood Honor" (quv 'lw) class battlecruiser wip...update 7/28
« Reply #175 on: July 28, 2008, 09:15:05 am »
Ok, I have the textures pretty much completed, need to do a few tweaks here and there, I started to add the weathering and detail. Should have her done in a few days. Then I will put the model together, seal her up and send her out for conversion.

Here is the finished ventral pattern. I made a few changes...added a ventral cargo door on the neck, and changed a few of the windows (bridge) and added the glowing deflector on the sensor pod as a nod to the original D-7 from the first Star Trek movie.

Let me know how you think it is shaping up.

Oh, and a side note....the larger pods I have changed into "shieldbusters", ala Neghvar. They will be short range high power disruptors with very long recharge times, say maybe 5 to 10 minutes. I based them on the shots seen coming from the Neghvar pods that disabled DS-9s shields. If you know of some contradictory information, please let me know. Note that these weapons would only be useful at almost point blank range, but would be able to collapse a shield pretty much in a single shot.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2008, 01:53:54 pm »
Bump for final feedback before I zip this one up.

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2008, 08:15:20 pm »
Nope,
I think you have this one pretty much covered for details on the modle and textures, Storys and ifo on the shows is more of MPs domain

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #178 on: July 31, 2008, 10:15:18 pm »
I can't wait for the release. You've done a great job on this one Raven. You've always been a master at Klingon design. Although, your Fed WIPs over the past year or so look just as if not more promising.

I wish I had a 10th of your talent. THANKS for sharing!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 11:38:28 pm by Shadowfleet »

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2008, 11:32:21 pm »
I can't wait for the release. You done a great job on this one Raven. You've always been a master at Klingon design. Although, your Fed WIPs over the past year or so look just as if not more promising.

I wish I had a 10th of your talent. THANKS for sharing!

Wow, you really need to see the crap I used to make just two years ago. You do have the talent I have, trust me. All it really takes is this....

Build crap. Then keep building more crap, experimenting, looking at other models, read tutorials and take in that knowledge, and develop your own style. Myself, BBarr and Moonraker got started by messing around with a hex editor with the Starfleet Command 1 models (anyone remember the FNCA?). That was 8 years ago.

If you ask me, it took me too long. I for one am looking forward to retirement so I can become just another modeler.