Topic: .  (Read 4825 times)

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
« on: May 03, 2008, 07:26:12 pm »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 10:25:35 pm by Fallen_Warrior »
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

yochenhsieh

Re: Who's up for a spot of SFC3 modding?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 10:25:11 pm »
Two important things when porting models for SFC3:

1)Break models. But I think you already know that.:-)

2)If there are textures that don't have illumination maps, I suggest assign black dummy textures for them. Otherwise the damage illumination maps will not work.

For the BS/TI/VL pics, you don't need to use the templates from the modinfo folder. Just create pics with same size and use black background. This will resuce a lot of time for you. (I discovered it too late, damn!)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 11:57:28 pm by You-Cheng Hsieh »

yochenhsieh

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 09:34:22 am »
I wish you luck. I work alone on my mod as well, since 2004. (My first announcement is still on this board. 8))

I know how difficult it is to maintain a massive mod, so I keep trying to make my mod as small as possible. Hope you find your way to make it.  :)

yochenhsieh

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 10:28:01 pm »
Maybe we could team forces Go for SFC3 Rexpansion 2008? Become leaders of the universe then stamp on it like a bug!...........<composes self> but yeah you up for a team up?
I'm interested in the environment overhaul and skirmish script you mentioned. But I really don't want to touch any ships for a while( or possibly forever, it's really boring).  :(

We can team together, and create different mods. I will post how I made my damage textures in this board, perhaps it would help. :)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2008, 12:26:53 pm »
i'll give u hand miles, if you throw me the ships that u need hp and vl ti bs images etc made. just send em to me in small bulks. ;)

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2008, 01:20:33 pm »
Im not fussy miles, markduanedavies@btinternet.com

vl ti and bs are easy enough as are the hp's as you already know my friend but i need to know how u want them hardpointing?

yochenhsieh

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2008, 11:05:34 pm »
to be honest.. it kinda defeats the point of all the work I've put into my mod already... I know the ship side of things is a pain in the backside.. But its all i have left to do.. well apart from an installer and movie. But i will gladly share my environments tweaks with you. Do you use MSN or AIM messengers?

If you want to use NSIS for making installer, I can help that too. http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page  :) But I guess it's too early to talk about installer for now.

I don't use messengers, you can contact me via yochenhsieh AT gmai.com.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 09:06:49 am »
I'll grab messenger in a bit and post my addy, i'll chat to you shortly miles