Topic: Replacing the BORG in sfc3, new ships still move like borg  (Read 2744 times)

Offline njareg

• Lt. Junior Grade
Hi everyone,

Had a question, I replaced the borg in my sfc3 with another race, everything seems to work good except one thing. the race I used to replace the borg, well their ships move so...borg like. They don't turn like the other races do, they all seem to turn like borg cubes. I've gone in and adjusted the mixed tech setting and have tried using klingon thrusters, impulse and even used klingon hull items such as armor, tractor, transporters and even computers just to test if that would make a difference and it didn't.  So even though I've got a different race in the borg slot using fed weapons, klingon armor and engines it still moves like a borg ship would. Has anyone else come across this? Is there a GF file I can edit to get rid of the borg like movement?

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
Re: Replacing the BORG in sfc3, new ships still move like borg
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 12:33:58 pm »
You have to turn the regeneration off on their armor... at the bottom of the HullItems.gf,

[BorgArmor]
DoesRegen = 1

make it equal 0.

Offline njareg

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Replacing the BORG in sfc3, new ships still move like borg
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 04:35:16 pm »
Hi Greenvalv,

Hey thanks a lot that was it exactly. I disabled the regen and the ships are moving great now.

Really appreciate your good answer.

You have to turn the regeneration off on their armor... at the bottom of the HullItems.gf,

[BorgArmor]
DoesRegen = 1

make it equal 0.