Topic: Hardcore XC server going up with new settings  (Read 22199 times)

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: Hardcore XC server going up with new settings
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2008, 06:26:16 pm »
Are you installing to the correct directory? and is the directory you are installing to the same as the last install of OP that you did?

I ask because I am also showing a bad shiplist and ftrlist when you tried to log on
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Strayy

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Strayy's Tavern
« Reply #101 on: May 20, 2008, 06:29:00 pm »
I seem to remember the dizzy scripts workin fine on my server... try using my scripts from dizzy & E.D. pesty, see if they work...

Admiral Strayy
    Chief cook & bottle washer of Strayy's Tavern
     http://tavern.paulsbeercrew.com

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2008, 06:30:59 pm »
IMHO..it's the shiptlist causing the problems...most of these scripts have worked fine for years...

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #103 on: May 20, 2008, 06:43:33 pm »
I'm uploading 3 zip files for the scripts.. you have to DL all 3 zips to extract.. place scripts into your Assets/Scipts folder.

Sorry for having 3 DL's for the scripts but my new web site only takes 8 mb files max size and the scripts package under legacy compression is 16.6 Mb .. I could pack it smaller, but not everyone uses Winzip.

OK what you will have to do is first DL the 3 files

Next, rename HCScripts1.zip to HCScripts.z01

Next, rename HCScripts2.zip to HCScripts.z02

Now extract the scripts and place them into your Assets/Scripts game folder.

DL Locations :

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/HCScripts1.zip

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/HCScripts2.zip

http://warpcore.110mb.com/Downloads/HCScripts.zip

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't have access to a good web host at the moment...

« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 07:46:42 pm by Pestalence_XC »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #104 on: May 20, 2008, 06:46:11 pm »
The ED scripts are working now.. just the Dizzy scripts seem to be messing up.. I'll just pull the Dizzy scripts and get with NW to see what ships are required for the scripts to work.. the shiplist has all the cheddar removed and I want to try to keep it that way... It was created by Firesoul for XC.. I have limited permissions for changing the shiplist.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Strayy

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Strayy's Tavern
« Reply #105 on: May 20, 2008, 07:00:55 pm »
I'm uploading 3 zip files for the scripts.. you have to DL all 3 zips to extract.. place scripts into your Assets/Scipts folder.

Sorry for having 3 DL's for the scripts but my new web site only takes 8 mb files max size and the scripts package under legacy compression is 16.6 Mb .. I could pack it smaller, but not everyone uses Winzip.

Now extract the scripts and place them into your Assets/specs game folder.

DL Locations :

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I don't have access to a good web host at the moment...

Dont you mean copy the  scripts to the Assets/scripts folder pesty ?      :angel:   also, tried downloading from the links, gettin error tryin to unzip files

Admiral Strayy
    Chief cook & bottle washer of Strayy's Tavern
     http://tavern.paulsbeercrew.com

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #106 on: May 20, 2008, 07:29:54 pm »
Are you installing to the correct directory? and is the directory you are installing to the same as the last install of OP that you did?

I ask because I am also showing a bad shiplist and ftrlist when you tried to log on

I only have (and have always had) 1 install in one drive.
I did try to log in once, then remembered you had made changes and then reloaded everything, which included the shiplist, but it only showed errors messages with the missions.
just tried again, now get missing a bunch of ed missions...no dizzy missions even mentioned... :huh:
Too much aggrivation for one day, it hasn't been fun today...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2008, 07:49:22 pm »

Now extract the scripts and place them into your Assets/specs game folder.

DL Locations :

Dont you mean copy the  scripts to the Assets/scripts folder pesty ?      :angel:   also, tried downloading from the links, gettin error tryin to unzip files

Did you :

Now extract the scripts and place them into your Assets/Scripts game folder.

The 3 files are Linked and will not extract without all 3 files and if the name is not correct for the files they will not extract. which is why you have to rename 2 of the files before you try to extract.

they work on my end with Winzip and WinRar..

Good catch on the directory placement.. I have a bunch on my mind.. 2 or 3 projects going at the same time..

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #108 on: May 20, 2008, 10:17:14 pm »
ok one more thing i have found the hydrans are still allied to the feds, also when they start they are next to a planet but donot have a planet or base in their starting hex no biggie as you can c i worked around the board untill i found one

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #109 on: May 20, 2008, 10:45:12 pm »
ok one more thing i have found the hydrans are still allied to the feds, also when they start they are next to a planet but donot have a planet or base in their starting hex no biggie as you can c i worked around the board untill i found one

I don't see how Fed and Hydrans are allied..

[PoliticalTension/StartingTensions/Hydran]
Federation=1000
Klingon=0
Romulan=0
Lyran=1000
Hydran=0
Gorn=1000
ISC=10000
Mirak=0
Orion=500

[PoliticalTension/StartingTensions/Federation]
Federation=0
Klingon=1000
Romulan=1000
Lyran=0
Hydran=1000
Gorn=0
ISC=0
Mirak=1000
Orion=500

As you can see.. they are enemies in the GF files.. Mortal Enemies...

So just how can they be allies.. Political tensions are turned off.. the settings are firm..

Are you reporting Fed allies in mission or are you reporting Hex on map as Fed allie?

Scripts have been known to throw the wrong race in as support.. what counts is the Map.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #110 on: May 21, 2008, 12:13:47 am »
this is what i mean

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #111 on: May 21, 2008, 01:13:41 am »
Should be fixed now.. try again.. I had a section of Meta map mis spelled .. DB has been reset so changes can take effect.. should be working correctly now.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline NuclearWessels

• Evil Dave
  • Serverkit Development Team
  • Lt. Commander
  • Scripter and general nuisance
    • NukeDocs
« Reply #112 on: May 21, 2008, 12:16:59 pm »
The ED scripts are working now.. just the Dizzy scripts seem to be messing up.. I'll just pull the Dizzy scripts and get with NW to see what ships are required for the scripts to work.. the shiplist has all the cheddar removed and I want to try to keep it that way... It was created by Firesoul for XC.. I have limited permissions for changing the shiplist.

Ah, yes, I believe the Dizzy scripts relied on some ships or bases that were unique to one of the SG campaigns.

IIRC there might be some shiplist-related oddities about the HexxPatrol as well.

dave

PS - any chance of anyone mirroring the shiplist/ftrlist?   I've tried dl'ing it a dozen or so times now, but it keeps dying on me part way through.
      dw

Offline KBF-Kurok

• Lt.
« Reply #113 on: May 21, 2008, 12:27:15 pm »
 Its turning out to be a real fun server. TY for putting it up.here is the sl Dave

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #114 on: May 21, 2008, 12:43:44 pm »

Ah, yes, I believe the Dizzy scripts relied on some ships or bases that were unique to one of the SG campaigns.

IIRC there might be some shiplist-related oddities about the HexxPatrol as well.

dave

PS - any chance of anyone mirroring the shiplist/ftrlist? I've tried dl'ing it a dozen or so times now, but it keeps dying on me part way through.
 dw

In that event, I will pull them again, I was thinking it was an error in the GF files.. so I guess I do need to pull them as well as the HexxPatrol.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #115 on: May 21, 2008, 02:55:35 pm »
OK scripts Dizzy scripts are pulled.. never had the HexxPatrol in it.. srver is back up.. no DB reset this time.. hopefully I will not have to take it down again.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #116 on: May 21, 2008, 05:41:17 pm »
Pesty,

Your Hydran ally/enemy problems might have to do with the map set up. Last week, before you reset, I took a neutral planet that had 100 Econ and 50 DV. The only mission it would offer me was Homeworld Assault and I always got the H-PHY planet and Hydran opponents. As soon as I took the hex, my enemies turned to Mirak. If the server is somehow interpreting that Neutral planet as the Hydran Homeworld it might explain why the Hydrans don't show up on a planet to start and why they seem to be allied and opposed to some races at the same time. Of course, the ISC showed up on a 10/10 planet, not a Homeworld, so I may be way off here.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2008, 05:55:25 pm »
Last night, I reset the server and logged in as Hydran.. Fed were friendly.. I edited the MetaMap file again, using Copy/Paste from working races to the rest of the races..  reset the DB and logged back in, Hydran and Fed were enemies.. the error was due to a type o on my part in the GF file..

It should be working correctly now that the alliances are showing up correctly.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 12:20:06 am by Pestalence_XC »

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team

Offline Ternado

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2008, 10:25:55 pm »
I ask for the sake of humanity,to get rid of..pull..kill..met22diplomat...it is manditory all over the universe.I dont even like diplomats.they waste money and fuel and time.Everything esle seems to be fine on the server.Pesty keep it going Sir,With respect.Ternado.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2008, 12:16:41 am »
Done Met_22Diplomate is gone.

Member :
Taldren Beta Test Team