Topic: Strange server error  (Read 1456 times)

Offline Raztax

• Lt. Junior Grade
Strange server error
« on: May 28, 2008, 02:57:36 pm »
I realise that this should probably go in the server admin forum, but this one seems a little busier, so I hope that no one minds me posting this here.

Lately, while playing on my own server, I am unable to get missions on planet hexes, although I can be drafted by another player into a mission on a planet hex. I seem to be the only player that is having this problem, and I have tried pretty much everything short of wiping the db and complete clean install of the game. It also seems to be happening on all of my accounts on the server. I don't think this is a server issue because if it were, it would seem rather strange that I am the only player affected.

The only recent change to software on the pc was an install of AVG 8.0 (followed by an uninstall of it, since the link scanner feature in the newest version brings web browsers to their knees.) I had previously run AVG 7.5 with no issues at all, and currently do not have any security software installed.

I have noticed, that when I am moving through a planet hex, my server pops up the message:
Error!: MM (2038:Raztax) Could not lock PreparedMissions
Info: MM (2038:Raztax) Removing Temporary PreparedMissions

I even tried running the serverplatform.exe again from command prompt with the -install switch since my IP address changed about a week ago. Still no joy  :(

Anyone have any idea?

Edit: now I'm really stumped, complete new db and complete rip and clean install of the game, same result.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 03:50:05 pm by Raztax »