Topic: Small problem in minidw again?  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
Small problem in minidw again?
« on: June 01, 2008, 02:07:43 pm »
 :-[ Today i ran into a small problem with minidw again. I tried to change the firingarcs on the fed. Soulwolf to make them larger and that worked out well however they did not show up in the game so i am asking myself and all of you what did i do wrong ? :huh:

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
Re: Small problem in minidw again?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 02:29:51 pm »
Did you use the standard arcs built into the game, these are the only ones supported with images: http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/info/arcs

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 12:12:29 pm »
Um, does anyone read the Read-Me files anymore?

When I created the 534_b patch, as posted in the Starfleet Command III forum, I edited the readme file; the readme has all the current weapon arcs listed with diagram made by NannerSlug, with all the arc info listed below it...

You have had the tools for over 5 years now, but never bother to read the Readme file.

Open the

SFC3 Readme v534.rtf

and scroll down some.

Info included is

To increase the resolution of the weapon arcs on the tactical display you may alter this line in the sfc.ini.  The default number is 6.  Higher numbers require more CPU power thus reduces framerate.  Thus numbers over 10 are not recommended unless you have a high-end system.  Numbers over 75 are capped to 75. Numbers under 6 are set to 6.

[UI]
TacDisplayRes=6

This is just below the diagram of the SFC 3 additional arcs

"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Old1

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2008, 04:41:33 am »
Did you use the standard arcs built into the game, these are the only ones supported with images: http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/info/arcs
8) I allready solved the problem cause i found out that it could only work if i started all over again with the game. So i did. However with my changes i think that the Soulwolf could now really be called a battleship cause it is now allmost as powerfull as a Borg cube. To help you understand what i mean i will now give you the changed firingarcs for the phasers: Primary HP: 1:270-90 2:270-90 3:270-360 4:0-90 5:180-360 6:0-180 7:0-360 8:90-270 9:90-270 10:0-360 . I think that the firepower has been increased by this by about 25% without adding any weapons. I hope that you agree.