Topic: GSA Games  (Read 72635 times)

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
Re: GSA Games
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 07:18:53 am »
I tried last night but my router isn't quite configured correctly for GSA lobby games. Anyone know whet else I need to do other than add to my routers port forward section the 8 or so ports from the GSA help section ? I have no desire to set my router to DMZ as it didn't work right with TDU and I hate to reconfigure this mess every time I decide to play a different game online.
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 07:54:45 am »
You guys mind if I join in a game or two? I go by "Roychipoqua" on GSA.

Thanks for helping me kick the asses of those 2 smacktards.   ;D  I give them a 0 for the number of internals they scored on us in the 175 late match.

I love this, 8 years after the game comes out the l33t players still whine like girls when they get schooled.  This is why I never bothered with league play.

"Jane you ignorant slut"
~ Dan Aykroyd

I'm a former league player, what are you really saying DH?    :)

Your lumping an aweful lot of really decent players in that "whiney girls" comment. And trust me getting schooled for a true leaguer is only incentive for getting the rust off and/or playing better.

The league(s) were a large community of people with different personalities and styles. That included guys from teams like KHH and FSD which have players in Dyna now. Trust me when I say that the lobby rats that remain today  are not representative of the type or quality of players that we had say 5 years ago.

The people I ran with loved the game as much non-leaguers and always strove to have as much fun as possible. Most of our games were not league games "Fun Games". Pretty much what we've been doing for the past few days.  The league was an event like servers are to Hex Flippers.  But as with any competative sport the game brings out the best and the worst in us. Most people only remember the worst.

regards,

Slider

I wasn't inferring all League players were like that, I just haven't heard anyone whine about Saberdancing/Plasma ballet in years and it blind-sided me.   In D2, the fights are NOT fair yet now you almost never hear anyone complain when they get killed/run-off and you always get a GG.   

These two players, SDLKSJDLSKDSLKJSLDJSLDI'll specifically called them out so as not to insult anyone else) had no sportsmanship at all.   We had nearly identical ships in an BPV matched fleet (I-CW, K-DWL  versus I-CW, Some kind of Lyran NCA).  We crippled one and he alt'd out, the other flew off the map moaning the entire time.  They had not scored and internal on me or Mace, neither of us had flow together before and we weren't on Voice comms, they were.  Mace and I were gracious, no smack talk at all during the game.

That said, everyone else was cool.  I just won't fly with these smacktards again.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 09:34:22 pm by FPF-DieHard »
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 11:18:00 am »
I tried last night but my router isn't quite configured correctly for GSA lobby games. Anyone know whet else I need to do other than add to my routers port forward section the 8 or so ports from the GSA help section ? I have no desire to set my router to DMZ as it didn't work right with TDU and I hate to reconfigure this mess every time I decide to play a different game online.

I'll be on tonight and can help you find the right ports to open. Due to my line of work, I can also connect to machines (temporary via Pin number) and make the changes for you while you  watch.

Slider

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 11:23:41 am »
DH, I just didnt want all GSA players being lumped in with the 340 adv crowd. I agree the more players that play fun games the better the community will be. Fun meaning not some rigged BPV where only one guy gets a good ship.

We'll have a group hug later. :)

Offline BlazinBud

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 03:14:08 pm »
Adv era blows... late era and late era x is fine with me.  Glad to see some of ya playing on GSA....
Thanks alot,

RFA-asa-BlazinBud

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2008, 06:38:41 pm »
You guys mind if I join in a game or two? I go by "Roychipoqua" on GSA.

Thanks for helping me kick the asses of those 2 smacktards.   ;D  I give them a 0 for the number of internals they scored on us in the 175 late match.

I love this, 8 years after the game comes out the l33t players still whine like girls when they get schooled.  This is why I never bothered with league play.

"Jane you ignorant slut"
~ Dan Aykroyd

I'm a former league player, what are you really saying DH?    :)

Your lumping an aweful lot of really decent players in that "whiney girls" comment. And trust me getting schooled for a true leaguer is only incentive for getting the rust off and/or playing better.

The league(s) were a large community of people with different personalities and styles. That included guys from teams like KHH and FSD which have players in Dyna now. Trust me when I say that the lobby rats that remain today  are not representative of the type or quality of players that we had say 5 years ago.

The people I ran with loved the game as much non-leaguers and always strove to have as much fun as possible. Most of our games were not league games "Fun Games". Pretty much what we've been doing for the past few days.  The league was an event like servers are to Hex Flippers.  But as with any competative sport the game brings out the best and the worst in us. Most people only remember the worst.

regards,

Slider

I wasn't inferring all League players were like that, I just haven't heard anyone whine about Saberdancing/Plasma ballet in years and it blind-sided me.   In D2, the fights are NOT fair yet now you almost never hear anyone complain when they get killed/run-off and you always get a GG.   

These two players, KrownElf and iCop-Freddy (I'll specifically called them out so as not to insult anyone else) had no sportsmanship at all.   We had nearly identical ships in an BPV matched fleet (I-CW, K-DWL  versus I-CW, Some kind of Lyran NCA).  We crippled one and he alt'd out, the other flew off the map moaning the entire time.  They had not scored and internal on me or Mace, neither of us had flow together before and we weren't on Voice comms, they were.  Mace and I were gracious, no smack talk at all during the game.

That said, everyone else was cool.  I just won't fly with these smacktards again.

I've flown with them before, and while Freddy can be a bit termpramental, they are not that bad.  They at least aren't a part of the 450 adv crowd, although they do seem to have a taste for heavier metal than I'ld really want to fly.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2008, 09:39:08 pm »
Im on...

Played just a single game and it was really good...  And at the end before it was decisive, my isp dropped my connect... damn. Sorry guys.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 10:21:50 pm by Dizzy »

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2008, 10:49:53 pm »
Good to see you back, Dizzy.

And to all in this thread, I know GSA is a good gathering place, but the thing is very dodgy.  Now, Bonk went to the trouble of doing this SFC Direct thing that will allow us to create rooms just like GSA and launch them just like GSA but hopefully without it sucking like GSA does.

Get this file:

http://www.dynaverse.net/sfcdirect/sfcdirect_setup.exe

and run it.

Then go to this site:

http://www.dynaverse.net/sfcdirect

And you will find things like a lovely chat server, the ability to create games and launch them, a player list, and a mod selector built into the interface.

I think we should really consider using this service as a base of operations and set aside GSA's odd behaviors.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2008, 07:53:43 am »
Just logged on to sfc direct. Anyone on to give it a go with me?

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2008, 08:19:11 am »
SFC Direct still needs work. It isn't 100%. I urge you to try it, but don't think it is issue free.

Sorry I had to leave so abrupty last night. Had a small emergency to deal with.

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2008, 11:18:56 am »

I wasn't inferring all League players were like that,

Inferring is how YOU take things, Implying is how YOU mean them

Slider was inferring, you were implying...or not  ;)

This public service message brought to you by the Society of English Majors.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2008, 11:56:34 am »

I wasn't inferring all League players were like that,

Inferring is how YOU take things, Implying is how YOU mean them

Slider was inferring, you were implying...or not  ;)

This public service message brought to you by the Society of English Majors.

Klingons aren't supposed to be lawyers!!!

My cable went out last night, I could have played until like 3 AM.   GRRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 02:04:36 pm »
do you all play with the OP+ shiplist?

I got done playing OP for an hour...the first 30 minutes were trying to figure out the hot keys.....

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 04:33:36 pm »
Tearin it up with slider right now...

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2008, 01:13:15 am »
Lepton, sorry for yelling at you in that 3v3.   I get over-competitive and try to win always, even in a fight that doesn't matter.

BTW, we won!!!!   :D   

The film is over 1.3 MB in size, let me know if you want it and I'll email it to you.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 10:08:46 am »
Fun stuff yesterday. That 50 minute 3v3 that ended in an I-CW fight between DH and Tans was a very good game!

Offline KHH Jakle

• Lt.
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 10:29:59 am »
Now I just need to re-learn the basic rules of flying...

I have the distiniction of dieing in the first 10 minutes of that 50 minute fight...

Offline Slider

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 10:24:12 pm »
Starlog July 5th 2008.

Another good night of games. gg to all of you who played.

Sometimes we were the windshileds other times we were the bugs.

Cheers

Slidey

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2008, 05:01:46 pm »
jUST HAD A CPL GREAT GAMES WITH dh. oops caps. Our GSA competition proved not to take a liking to rocks. Twice. <snicker>

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2008, 10:12:32 pm »
We need 1 more player on GSA. Its me corbo DH and Reffet...