Topic: I.S.S Agressor WIP (05/7)  (Read 5856 times)

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
Re: I.S.S Agressor WIP (05/7)
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2008, 11:06:10 pm »
I'm digging those warp grill textures.  Is it my imagination, or does it look like the phaser banks are mounted on an extruded rail?  Just curious.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2008, 11:15:06 pm »
Not your imagination and not too shabby IMHO.

I did not like the old phasers as they looked too fat and clumsy, Turrets too cheesy and phaser strips WAY out of era.. so i blended the idea.. a phaser strip with a mounted phaser point on a rail system (like a railway track with a phaser mounted on so it can slide and cover other arcs)
, so like a precursor to the strip phasers you may say.  (I believe it has been done b4) Mesh is pretty much complete at 17k triangles and 8.5k polys.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2008, 11:36:58 pm »
Not your imagination and not too shabby IMHO.

I did not like the old phasers as they looked too fat and clumsy, Turrets too cheesy and phaser strips WAY out of era.. so i blended the idea.. a phaser strip with a mounted phaser point on a rail system (like a railway track with a phaser mounted on so it can slide and cover other arcs)
, so like a precursor to the strip phasers you may say.  (I believe it has been done b4) Mesh is pretty much complete at 17k triangles and 8.5k polys.

Ahhh, missed that part.  Damned my senility!!!!!  It's a nice method of implementation I must say. 
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2008, 12:38:58 pm »
Niiiccceee. If I had to give a rating, I'd give a 9/10
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.