Topic: I.S.S Agressor WIP (05/7)  (Read 5855 times)

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
I.S.S Agressor WIP (05/7)
« on: July 05, 2008, 09:11:39 am »
**NEW READERS IMAGES HAVE BEEN REMOVED TO THE LATEST POSTS**

Hello,

I was posting this ship at BCC forums and i was told in a email i should post here also as this forum recieves better feedback on TOS/ENT designs.
So here is my Terran AU ship, im looking for design ideas and additions .. as well as modelling advice if its available.

**Deflector area suggestions are especially helpfull**
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:01:28 pm by **M23** »
"Live for nothing... or die for something!!!"

Who says you cant have abs and be a geek?

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
Re: I.S.S Agressor WIP (05/7)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 09:32:18 am »
She gives me the feel that she's a mix between ENT/TOS/earlyTMP.  I like it.

As for the deflector area.  Perhaps curve in the deflector, and build a fancy deflector array on top of it in the same shape.

Other than that, she looks good.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 09:50:15 am »
The deflector area reminds me of the TNG era USS Dawnstar. With some changes to the warp engines I could see this as a TNG ship as well.

However, the big question for me is wht does the TMP version look like?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline I, Mudd.

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Still Building Models Nobody Wants ...
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 09:57:55 am »
I'm diggin' those impulse drives ...

... and the nacelles are pretty sweet too ... very Pre-TOS/retrotrek kind of feel on those.

As far as the deflector dish goes ... I'd mount it an the secondary hull where you'd think it goes ... with three braces and backlight the area behind it, as per Enterprise ... imho.

Good work ... curious to know what your polly count is ...

;)

JM.

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 10:52:16 am »
Thank you, i will consider them all, as per muds abvice i went with braces.. only two though.

Klingon Fanatic : I plan on creating A tng version next, complete rebuild... then using both models create a TMP style version.

Poly count currently resides in the 8k polys.  16k triangles. -   i dont know what sfc can handle but this model is going to be converted to bc and legacy.. and if i cut the poly count enough sfc.. but i dont know what the poly limit is for sfc.

**edit after further research i have learnt that sfc will run fine on a standard machine with a model of 15k polys**  <---- good news for me.. now all i have to learn is conversion, I have Orion Pirates.. but whats the common output for the series?**
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:01:54 pm by **M23** »

Offline Spartan-039

• Master of the Tau Empire sept, Vor'kan
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 10:55:40 am »
Awesome.
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 12:25:09 pm »
I now look at the rest of the vessel as out of era to the necelles...   so the necelles will be archived for future use..   TMP necelles needed.

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 12:28:22 pm »
I thought the nacelles made it look pretty good, but you're the ships creator and yo know what to do.
The Greater Good can not be stopped, it can only be delayed. Submit to it and be free.

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 12:57:10 pm »
Thankf for ur input... but... new phasers and bridge and necelles are needed.. i will save all though for future ref..
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:02:10 pm by **M23** »

Offline Spartan-039

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 01:06:59 pm »
Perhaps you could use an Enterprise-B nacelles for you ship...........

Offline Vipre

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 04:22:54 pm »
Really nice nacelle design, I'd love to see a "traditional" style PTOS design built around them. I think the ship looks great, the only thing that popped out at me and it may just be optical illusion from the picture angle are the torpedo tubes. They seem oversized by 25% or so.
Lapsed Pastafarian  
"Parmesan be upon Him"

"Dear God,
   If aliens are real please let them know that I'm formally requesting asylum from the freakshow that is humanity."

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 04:27:18 pm »
You could probably make this more pre-TOS by loosing a few of the TMP/TNG style designs.

Possibly,
change the warp pylons to a thinner straight design
add a retro design dish
make the 2ndary hull cylindrical with less rear cutout
a simpler neck design without the ridge extending down the 2ndary hull

Then give it the Ent era plating/texture treatment.

PS loose the phasers too. ;)
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2008, 12:25:21 am »
All SFC versions use the .MOD format for the models.  SFC1 however doesn't use any lightmaps, so lightmaps attached to the model for SFC1 isn't needed.  SFC2/OP/3 use lightmaps quite nicely.

Pretty much everyone here can spec any model for use in any version of SFC, so if you need any help porting any of your models to SFC, or would like to do it yourself, all you have to do is ask and we'll help you out.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 01:36:17 am »
Thank you, i will consider them all, as per muds abvice i went with braces.. only two though.

Klingon Fanatic : I plan on creating A tng version next, complete rebuild... then using both models create a TMP style version.

Poly count currently resides in the 8k polys.  16k triangles. -   i dont know what sfc can handle but this model is going to be converted to bc and legacy.. and if i cut the poly count enough sfc.. but i dont know what the poly limit is for sfc.

**edit after further research i have learnt that sfc will run fine on a standard machine with a model of 15k polys**  <---- good news for me.. now all i have to learn is conversion, I have Orion Pirates.. but whats the common output for the series?**

Lookin good  :thumbsup:  You need 3dmax3 ,4 or 5 only versions the import export plugin works or milkshape but with it you cant do a proper brk mod.  The easyest way is to send the model in Lwo or 3ds format to someone who ports to sfc.
Time for life!

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2008, 02:16:12 am »
Thanks for all the information.

I have recieved allot of feedback regarding the change, and the general consensus is to finish what i have first.

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2008, 05:16:03 am »

Lookin good  :thumbsup:  You need 3dmax3 ,4 or 5 only versions the import export plugin works or milkshape but with it you cant do a proper brk mod.  The easyest way is to send the model in Lwo or 3ds format to someone who ports to sfc.

Agreed.  Personally, I like 3DS format. 

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2008, 11:40:36 am »
I have listened to all your comments and suggestions, if they have not been changed etc please dont take it personnaly, i just decided not to go with it..
I did not like the old phasers as they looked too fat and clumsy, Turrets too cheesy and phaser strips WAY out of era.. so i blended the idea.. a phaser strip with a mounted phaser point on a rail system (like a railway track with a phaser mounted on so it can slide and cover other arcs)
, so like a precursor to the strip phasers you may say.  (I believe it has been done b4) Mesh is pretty much complete at 17k triangles and 8.5k polys.

Texturing my begin tonight, buzards and necelles first up..  Buzzard collectors? ENT or TOS?

« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 02:02:34 pm by **M23** »

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2008, 01:32:33 pm »
BCC say TOS  :D

I need to fiddle with them at a later point, but for now their good enough to move on and come back too  :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:39:18 pm by **M23** »

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2008, 02:58:12 pm »
So... I was going to move on... but couldnt drag myself away from the buzzards until they where done..

**NOTE**    I apologise in advance for the amount of small variation posts... i.e one change then show... but i'd rather get input instantly, before i have left something and cannot be assed to come back to it..

Right.. there done, engines next ty

Offline **M23**

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2008, 04:38:47 pm »
ohhhh so much work to be done  :huh:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 04:52:52 pm by **M23** »