Topic: In need of GAFY? textures  (Read 35484 times)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: In need of GAFY? textures
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2008, 11:10:12 pm »
I don't mean to sound (or BE) rude here, but are you guys working on getting some of the things on my list? I'd really like that stuff, if your'e willing to help.

Keep telling you to post the links, I know you can't download them but you could at least get us to the cut page with the ship in question. I don't mind sending the ships after a download but I really don't want to search for them by name either.
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • I am a stranger to myself
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2008, 12:22:05 pm »
Got it. I'll do that soon enough. Sorry about that. Busy day, today, though. Got a family picnic to attend.
There's no point in being grown-up if you can't be childish, sometimes
-the 4th Doctor, Doctor Who, "Robot"

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2008, 02:13:33 pm »
AH-HA!!! I'm here with a Wi-Fi connection, and FileFront is totally cooperative! I don't need to post links, now! YES!!!! ;D

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2008, 04:30:22 pm »
LOL, yeah pretty much the way it always goes
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2008, 07:20:10 am »
It kinda makes me wish I lived at my grandparents' . . . I'm out here in 'da sticks, thus no Wi-Fi for me at home . . . I'll need to go back to my grandparents' hose, about 20 minutes away . . . and with only a mini-van to get me there, it's a bit of a costly trip just to access the internet from my laptop . . . still, it's good to know there is a way into FileFront for me . . .

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 12:54:00 pm »
Okay, buddies, I've got your e-mails, and it turns out that the only one worth keeping was the Nacelles-Up Intrepid; GAFY?, you were right- Lord Vader's Saber ain't that good (no offense to him)- and I already had the GTEA Miranda in my extensive database of MODels (i capitalize the first three letters because of SFC's .MOD format).

Again on DJ Chopin's Galaxy model (notice the capitalization . . . . . . !); it's for Bridge Commander!!! I'm sure it looks great, but I don't have either Bridge Commander, or the means to convert BC model files to SFC .MOD files! Unless someone ports it to SFC 3, I can't use it! When I saw how big the file was, I figured that it came with an SFC version; but after downloading it on the 2nd this month I found that it diddn't! If you know anyone who does BC to SFC3 ports, could you request them to port DJ's Galaxy (with permissions, of course) to SFC for me?

I'm also looking for a canon pulse PhasER sound, and I was wondering if I had it; take a listen;

I also want to know if Starfleet Command 3 supports the .WMA sound format; I've ripped some Star Trek music and would like to try it out in the game, but I can only rip it into said format, and I'm unsure if the game will play it. Of course, the quick way would just be to "rip it 'n' stick it", but I also would rather ere on the side of caution than screw up my game, requiring another reinstall.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 04:30:06 pm »
GAFY? Quote;
The other topic in the mist there was I never did a complete texture for that area, only the parts needed for Mackies kit bashes. If you can give me a link to the actual ship, and it is one ofthe easy fixes that can be done, like Cents pylons, I probably could do it and send you the file.

(I know this is a long delayed response to an old post, but I tend to get overwhelmed with large paragraphs and such; it's why I've always hated math! I'm actually pretty good, but seeng whole pages full of equations needing solutions ... made me ... nervous. So, sorry about the delay)

Yeah, I'd definately enjoy the real thing. I'll assemble links and post them soon enough! Or I could e-mail you my MODels that I have downloaded already, complete with your textures and my fdx5/i.bmp and pod/i.bmp texture sets, and you can make them yourself! I may need to re-download a few of them, since I often delete the readmes and credits (although I really shoudn't) in favor of saving my hardrive space(having only about 60GB or so on my laptop, and not nearly enough dough to get a portable hardrive).  So, I'll wait for your post and get back to you.

I would also like to forward you to other topics of mine;
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php?topic=163382101.new#new
http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php?topic=163382100.new#new
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 06:19:00 pm by ReyvinVinnex »

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2008, 12:05:32 am »
Okay, buddies, I've got your e-mails, and it turns out that the only one worth keeping was the Nacelles-Up Intrepid; GAFY?, you were right- Lord Vader's Saber ain't that good (no offense to him)- and I already had the GTEA Miranda in my extensive database of MODels (i capitalize the first three letters because of SFC's .MOD format).

Again on DJ Chopin's Galaxy model (notice the capitalization . . . . . . !); it's for Bridge Commander!!! I'm sure it looks great, but I don't have either Bridge Commander, or the means to convert BC model files to SFC .MOD files! Unless someone ports it to SFC 3, I can't use it! When I saw how big the file was, I figured that it came with an SFC version; but after downloading it on the 2nd this month I found that it diddn't! If you know anyone who does BC to SFC3 ports, could you request them to port DJ's Galaxy (with permissions, of course) to SFC for me?

I'm also looking for a canon pulse PhasER sound, and I was wondering if I had it; take a listen;

I also want to know if Starfleet Command 3 supports the .WMA sound format; I've ripped some Star Trek music and would like to try it out in the game, but I can only rip it into said format, and I'm unsure if the game will play it. Of course, the quick way would just be to "rip it 'n' stick it", but I also would rather ere on the side of caution than screw up my game, requiring another reinstall.

Like I said before its not that his is bad there are just better versions of the Saber availble at Battle Clinic. I did not get into SFC 3 so much actually did not like it, so I gave it away to a friend.
The Persons to talk to to see if it was converted would be StarForce2, ModelsPlease and Kligon Fanatic. The last two collect just about every model that came out, and StarForce converts between the two plateforms so PM those three and one should know.

There is a Music file for the game somewhere it is in a zero compression zip file if I remember right. If you can find it the file formats should be in there, other than that as FireSoul or FireFox forget which he dd the mass OP+ mod and would probabaly know. All else fails backup the file and edit it and find out.

Post the links or E-mail them makes no difference to me, but it will not be until the weekend before I can get to them, travelling again. As long as the models are for personal use and you don't repost or upload them, what you do on your HDD is your business delete the files if you want to. I find it helpful not to because there is normally contact info in the there and web addies to their sites to find more ships, the contact info helps for blanks to make your own registries etc.

The other two topics I will post in those when I get a chance

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2008, 09:26:28 am »
What about longpulse.wav? Is it canon for a pulse PhasER sound?

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2008, 07:34:17 pm »
Sounds more like its from Buck Rogers than DS9, but if it works for you use it.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21:37 am »
What does it sound like, then? The few clips I've seen of Pulse PhasERs make them sound like Photon Torpedoes! I dearly hope that's not canon!

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2008, 11:04:14 am »
Only way to tell for sure would be if you have any DS9 episodes wit hthe Defiant firing in them, and compare. I have been watching Erin...

Buck Rogers show recently (somehting about a thread mentioned here or there) and it sounds pretty close to the starfighter shooting.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 09:01:09 am »
I searched YouTube for "defiant fires pulse phasers" but came up empty.

Offline Centurus

• Bow before the power of my rubber chickens!!!
  • Captain
  • Master of the Rubber Chicken!!!
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2008, 11:34:09 am »
Just look around Youtube for DS9 episodes.  You'll more than likely find them with the Defiant firing pulse phasers.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2008, 03:11:33 pm »
I found a video, and the sound is unremarkable, but hard to forget. Don't think I have anything similar, though. I think I'll either stick to stock, or find something interesting to stitch up into a pule PhasER sound, using Windows' Sound Recorder program. I know there's better software for editing soundfiles, but I'd perfer a FreeWare program to something that'd cost me an arm and a leg . . .

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2008, 04:01:37 pm »
I'd perfer a FreeWare program to something that'd cost me an arm and a leg . . .
And so one have I found! Good program, too. Not skimping on the freeware! I love top-quality freeware!

Offline ReyvinVinnex

• The Reluctant Nerd
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2008, 02:31:02 pm »
Alright, GAFY, here's the model I want re-textured
http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock/4210-eras-of-war--details.html#4210
I'm looking at the Araxes, in case the link dosen't take you straight to it.
I want it re-textured according to this texture;

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2008, 03:50:36 pm »
Stuck travelling again will take a look at it when I get back on Saturday (I hope)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #59 on: September 07, 2008, 12:54:45 am »
Ok, here We go again!

Well looking over youre request for a white number 5 texture, which you already did yourself, I decided that I did not really like the look of old 2002-3 texture set for it. Also since I never did the ship before, only the CA DN and a BB, I decided to do a retexture of the ship. Yup a complete one to give it more of a updated advanced look, might actually do this to the other 3 eventaully as well. I like the look of this one better, it is based off of the Chabot Refit texture set. This set was pretty much meant for advanced, or X-Class ships.

will post some more pics in a bit, as it still needs light maps and eventually registries work.
Also needs to be rescaled to that of a destroyer, and a bit on the bottom moved back.

So it is close

One of the problems with me and textures, you never know where I will go with them!