Topic: Server Kit setup  (Read 4711 times)

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
Server Kit setup
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:48:45 am »
I finally found the server kit on D2 FTP but I still can't find any docs on how to setup the kit, all I need is a quick setup guide for local multiplayer mission testing on one PC tho i can setup server on second PC if pressed..

I found the OP 2.5.5.2 kit on filefront, I just don't know if D2 has a dyna specific kit for d/l.
<edit 2> DOH ! In 'downloads' on the main page. http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads.php?id=50&game=all . I dunno why I can't find it in file view, took a google search to bring up the framed list. Weird.

Thanks in advance,

<edit> apparently the directory server info is 'top secret' so my 'working' server cannot be connected to by the game on my LAN so I can't test A.I. stripping on my missions. Bummer !!! I'll be dissecting the 'no won server' fix for HL tonight for some ideas.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 12:44:45 pm by KBF MalaK »
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: Server Kit setup
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 10:16:35 pm »
Why not just set the scripts up in single player campaign mode?

Single player works just like the D2 when drawing the scripts.. you just have to edit the corresponding race MCT file that you want to play.

However you will not be able to LAN in single player, but you can solo test your script.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:29:49 am »
Why not just set the scripts up in single player campaign mode?

Single player works just like the D2 when drawing the scripts.. you just have to edit the corresponding race MCT file that you want to play.

However you will not be able to LAN in single player, but you can solo test your script.

Aye, thats what I'm currently doing but I have no way of verifying A.I. stripping without a full-out test. Nobody has written a util that will fake the dir server on a lan ?? interesting...
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 11:38:51 pm »
[WONDirectoryServer/Addresses]
0="client.sfc.dynaverse.net:15101"
1="client.dynaverse.net:15101"
2="sfc2.directory.stasis.ca:15101"
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .