Topic: Busy Busy FoaS (A few TOS ships here and there)  (Read 277150 times)

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
Re: Busy Busy FoaS
« Reply #120 on: October 20, 2008, 10:28:34 am »
Atolm suggested I make the front more round, and I agreed with him after exploring the idea.
FW I look up the thunderbolt, and you were right - a single Photorp.

Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2008, 12:42:03 pm »
Scout Variant

Assault Variant (i know it doesn't exist in SFB)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 12:59:44 pm by Furyofaseraph »
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2008, 03:33:20 pm »
Texturing is done.

Robinomicon

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2008, 04:52:38 pm »
Very nice work there   ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2008, 05:04:12 pm »
Thanks Bernard.

Before I get any comments on this latest render, let me clarify something:
THIS IS NOT A TERRAN EMPIRE RETEX!!!!

As I've mentioned I have decided to separate the Starfighter Corps as an autonomous but cooperative organization from starfleet. Since we don't have many fighters, I figured that PFs were also under the jurisdiction of the Starfighter Corps. In my last Starfighter Corps texture, you saw that the color was red. This is still true, but I decided to change the signage to Gold. I feel that there was a Red overload. Gold seemed a natural counterpoint to Red.

Robinomicon

Offline Star Dragon

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2008, 05:16:23 pm »
Since I found the files on my drive can you work with .cob's or .obj's? I might not have the original hods anymore.

How about I just pack up the whoel thing, soemthing might click with you later?

BTW I love that AWACS concept!!! I don't think anyone mentioned one for TOS/TMP have they?

I'l like to get permission for use of that - as well as re-bashing permission fro the future (the "head" I'm not that wild about, but can't really pin down a reason).

:)

You can expect a link by the weekend (I do 99% of stuff on weekends). ACK, another HD just bit the dust!!!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2008, 05:20:24 pm »
OBJs are best - turns out HODs need homeworld 2 installed in order to run the HOD Editor and I don't know where my CD is.

The AWACS is actually from Lord Schtupps models, I just retextured it and bashed it into this.
According to StarFleet Battles, a typical PF Flotilla is 6 PFs including a Leader and a Scout. The AWACS unit reflects the SFB Scout.

When I have it released, Star Dragon, you may bash to your hearts content. Just do me a favor ask me before you convert to another game.
Robinomicon

intermech

« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2008, 09:42:18 am »
I have most of the HW2 models in a common format (ms3d, mod, obj, etc.). I sent them to someone. Who needs them?? I may be able to get them to you.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2008, 08:10:20 pm »
I don't need any stock homeworld ships, for now. What we are looking for is some fighter models that could be retextured into good federation fighters.
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #129 on: October 21, 2008, 08:55:37 pm »
What's wrong with the stock and Thu11 fighters?

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2008, 05:16:30 pm »
 ;D

Furyofaseraph,

How much longer before we can play with all these fine ships you've tweaked?

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2008, 05:08:23 pm »
Fighter idea.

Robinomicon

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2008, 06:06:16 pm »
I love that Mate!
Looks Soviet made :D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2008, 08:48:28 pm »

This will probably be a sort space-superiority fighter.

I was originally trying to go for the whole look from the anime Yukikae (a fighter called the Super Sylph and the Mave) but this evolved on its own.
Atolm, if you get ideas from this, please show. :-)

btw, i shortened the nose a bit so its not so doctor suess looking!
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2008, 08:55:48 pm »
Shall I be honest?

That's a huge fighter. I never expected fighters to be warp capable, and even then, I'd rather see pylons ripped from the Shuttlecraft in ST-V as they are both smallcraft. Perhaps slightly larger than the shuttlecraft engines, but definitely the same make.

It just seems like a PF when you're borrowing components from giant starships.

Not a fan of the nose either, but the underslung rollbar is a novel idea.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2008, 09:22:51 pm »
Atolm and I had a small discussion about fighters being warp capable. They kind of have to be. What would fighters be used for? space-superiority / fighter screen for capital fleet, strike, interception. Okay the first one they don't really need to be warp capable. but figure for a low-cost:high-result strike (as opposed to committing even one carrier to) a fighter needs to get from system to system.
Granted, yeah, they have a low-warp rating, but some shuttles are a quarter the size of a fighter and they are warp capable.

Btw: this fighter is only 18m long. The cockpit may need to be scaled a bit, but i think its true enough. I suppose it could use some better nacelles; if you have any suggestions, i'd be happy to hear them.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #136 on: October 24, 2008, 11:27:08 am »
new nacelle

Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #137 on: October 24, 2008, 11:51:38 pm »
Hey. figured this might be important.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #138 on: October 25, 2008, 12:14:21 am »
Marine Assault shuttle. Just cuz
Robinomicon

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #139 on: October 25, 2008, 12:45:51 am »
Though the movie sucked, that shuttle design was perhaps one of the only redeeming legacies Star Trek V left behind :)

Why not tweak the shuttle design for a forcible boarding shuttle? Or a specific Ground Assault shuttle?

I had a sketch for a possible fighter design, but the quality wasn't up to standard. One thing I did include was using an oversized 'torpedo box' and mounting it on the underside... like Thu11's heavy fighter.