Topic: Help Requested  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Meek

• Ensign
Help Requested
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:05:34 am »
I Just bought the game from amazon and tried to connect online. I have the V542b patch and DX9 fix along with generations at war 2.0. I got a gamespy account however when i try to connect to dynaverse its a no go. I even turned off my firewall in an attempt to connect (something i don't normally do). So does anyone have a clue what is going on. I dont want to have wasted £50 for nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: Help Requested
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 06:43:14 am »
I Just bought the game from amazon and tried to connect online. I have the V542b patch and DX9 fix along with generations at war 2.0. I got a gamespy account however when i try to connect to dynaverse its a no go. I even turned off my firewall in an attempt to connect (something i don't normally do). So does anyone have a clue what is going on. I dont want to have wasted £50 for nothing.

Thanks in advance.

You shouldn't have wasted your money.   It seem the servers from GameSpy are messed  up again.  Give it some time, read the SFC3 forums to make sure all is set up right.  It should come on line sometime.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Meek

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:28:51 am »
Ok i guess ill spend time playing SP

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:04:39 am »
First off, if you're using the 531 or 534B patches, you don't need the DX9 fix.  The patches already have the fix included.  Installing both the DX9 fix and the 534B patch will just cause the game to crash.

Second, you will need the directory server patch in order to play on the Dynaverse 3.  The patch can be found here on D.net or here at http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/SFC3_Access_Server_Patch;85299

Install the directory server patch over the 534B patch or if you're using a mod, install it after installing the mod.

The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Meek

• Ensign
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 11:22:46 am »
Thanks for your help i was wondering why it was crashing as well... :o

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 04:17:44 pm »
Anytime.  That's what we're here for.

Actually, that's what most people are here for.  Me, I'm here for two reasons.  One, the booze and the people for me to torment.  Two, I've really got no other place to go.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.