Topic: Reborn SFC3 player  (Read 3316 times)

Offline Mordaci

• Ensign
Reborn SFC3 player
« on: September 29, 2008, 02:46:31 pm »

I played this when it first came out many moons ago. I am now playing it again (single mode) without any patches, I am curious if there is a run down on what the most popular server is and what mods are being used on that server. Could anyone please provide links to the downloads and what and how to patch the game. What I remember is the game being a pain to patch and so forth.

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
Re: Reborn SFC3 player
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 06:51:31 pm »
As for patching the game

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163344600.0.html

There are several mods out.. the most recent one for SFC 3 is the GFL Mod advertised in this section of the boards.. look for posts by GFL OFFKEY.

There are also several other groups running around on the net  for different servers..

the easiest way to find a server you want to play on is to use different patch versions, or even unpatched game.. apply the Server Directory Fix (DL available in the patching instructions), and log into the Dynaverse.. the server descriptions will give you the web addresses for their hosting site and/or server forums / community.

The link I posted above is based on the last Official Taldren release patch which I compiled, however it is not the only version of the game online.. some servers run on the Unofficial Patch released by Taldren and Activision which is the 1.01 Beta.. there is also the v531 version servers..

the most popular servers are running off the v534_b patch though.. however almost every server up and running will require additional downloads separate from the patch.

Hope that this helps.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Reborn SFC3 player
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 03:55:18 pm »
When you log on to the Dyna 3 servers it will tell you where to get the mod from.