Topic: Recomend some movies  (Read 13848 times)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Recomend some movies
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2009, 07:32:29 pm »
Addendum:

AF Pilot Steve Rogers has crashed on the Amazon island, and is being questioned by the queen.

Captain America's in the Wonder Woman film?

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2009, 08:13:54 pm »
LOL, I might have that name wrong. I knew It was Steve something. lol

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2009, 08:45:52 pm »
That would be Steve Trevor.  When it comes to obtaining useless knowledge, wikipedia is a wonderful thing.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2009, 09:59:32 pm »
Hehe, If I hadn't already sealed up the Video to mail back, I could have also looked at the jacket. Every time I see Trevor, I think of Aeon Flux.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2009, 01:58:08 am »
I gotta recommend a movie I just watched:  Ride with the Devil.  Ang Lee film with Tobey Maguire in the lead.  I Netflixed it after reading a book on the guerrilla campaigns in Kansas and Missouri in the Civil War and ended up, while doing further research, seeing this movie listed as an 'in popular culture' thing on Wiki.

Apparently it didn't see very wide release in the U.S...the reasons for this being many and varied, but one commonly referenced is that the studio didn't believe that a movie with a black guy fighting for the Confederates would sell well...of course the character in the movie was inspired by a real person...

Anyhow, it's a pretty good flick in the 'war drama' vein, and there's some decent attention to detail...the bushwhackers tend to carry multiple pistols rather than rifles, for example.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2009, 02:08:37 am »
I'll have to check it out then, thanks man.

Stephen

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2009, 06:18:32 pm »
Bedtimes Stories (Adam Sandler one, not the skinimax one) was a pretty darn good movie, Great family film, but very predictable.

Taken was outstanding. Retired soldiers daughter goes to France, get's kidnapped and sold on the sex slave market, resulting in the Perfection of killing the french, Albanians, and eventually a sheik. Why It even has a torture scene that makes me proud. ;)

Stephen

Offline Kruk

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #67 on: May 17, 2009, 11:22:51 pm »
I recommend StarTrek  ;)

Seriously though, I rented "Taken" with Liam Neeson and I like it. He would make a good James Bond.

Oh by the way, I recommend StarTrek

Offline knightstorm

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 02:40:33 pm »
Well, the 1965 film Incubus features a pre-Star Trek William Shatner speaking Esperanto.  That has to be worth looking over.

Also, have you ever seen the film Joyride?