Topic: Questions on re installing OP Plus  (Read 2085 times)

Ravok

Questions on re installing OP Plus
« on: January 16, 2009, 12:30:51 pm »
 I need to reinstall OP. I want to re upgrade it to 4.0 . My antivirus said there was a virus found in it.

I should delete all files, and start over from scratch right?? And how do I make sure I get them all??

( I know its a stupid question, but I'm a PC moron). :-[

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
Re: Questions on re installing OP Plus
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 03:19:53 pm »
You need to do complete fresh install that means delete the game folder first.Then you want to install OP you have 2  options here and that is patch up to 2552 and then install OP+4.0 it shouldn't hve any viruses if dl from safe site.You can alternatively download Pestalence's Enhancement Pack located in the D2 forum which has everything in it.You want to turn off your av while downloading it.Then turn it back on.

Here is where  the  E-Pack is 

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163378640.0.html

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 03:30:07 pm »
I need to reinstall OP. I want to re upgrade it to 4.0 . My antivirus said there was a virus found in it.

I should delete all files, and start over from scratch right?? And how do I make sure I get them all??

when installing and patching Orion Pirates.. make sure that your Anti-Virus is disabled.

This includes mods and add-on packages.. You should scan the installer before installing and run a system scan after install is complete to ensure your system is clean.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 11:38:04 pm by Cptn_Pestalence_XC »
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Ravok

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 12:28:31 am »

Thanks Pestelence ! :)

when installing and patching Orion Pirates.. make sure that your Anti-Virus is disabled.

This includes and add-on packages.. You should scan the installer before installing and run a system scan after install is complete to ensure your system is clean.