Topic: The Wayward Kzinti  (Read 14296 times)

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
Re: The Wayward Kzinti
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2009, 07:38:32 am »
11 Feb.

I have a Lovely bunch of Coconuts

Decided to take my CSV “Close To the Edge” on a little run through the Unknown systems. Picked up some supplies in Robot 2 and away I went. Had no real problems in Unknown 2 or Unknown 3, It wasn’t until I jumped into Unknown1 that I had some problems. Came out of the jump hole on top of a Nomad Battleship, which promptly took down my shields and ½ my hull. I got away from that and made my way to Omicron Zeta to make a pick up for the recruits at West Point. On my way to the New York system, I picked up a couple of Nomad Lovers who chased me through the Tau systems. I got away and made a bee line to West Point, and made my delivery. I then headed to Rochester to meet a contact who had info on a sweet deal. Once I got there I found my contact who told me that the Monkey Grand Cathedral was in need of Coconuts. I thanked my contact and slipped him a 500 credit note and made my way to my ship. Once I launched into space, I shot a few crates of space junk. In about 4 minutes I had a cargo hold full of Coconuts. Taking a CSV to the MHW is always a fun adventure.

I made my way out to the jump hole to the Abyss in Robot 1. On my way out there I kept getting scanned by the Mercenaries, yea like I’m going to be carrying dead nomads on my ship. I made the jump to the Abyss and to my great surprise there were no Nomads waiting there. First stop was Planet Electronica. WOW the Robots here really know how to party…..NOT! Bought some CM’s and made my way to the MHW jump hole that is Way over there. I think I’m getting the hang of avoiding the Nomad patrols here in the Abyss. Nomads to the left, I veer right. Nomads to the right, I veer left. Nomads to the front, Dive and drop CM’s. Made it to the jump hole and made the jump. Surprise number 2, No Nomads to meet me in the MHW. I stopped off at a few bases and planets to renew some repore with some of my contacts here who thought I was dead. At the Monkey Ship Lab, I got to see the New Monkey Fighter. In my opinion Not Bad at all it is a very nice ship. I also checked out the possibility of putting an Advanced Monkey Engine in my CSV. I discovered though that the engine that comes stock in my CSV is better then the Advanced Monkey Engine. My top speed is faster then the Monkey engine and I can’t see spending 74 million credits for a ½ second faster cruse time. I made my way to The Grand Cathedral and Dropped off my Lovely bunch of Coconuts. A very nice pay day for this delivery of goods. I took a tour of the Cathedral and liked what I saw. Hey what’s not to like about a Cathedral with a fully stocked Bar. 

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• The Official Bard of XenoCorp
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Captain, XC Hydran Squadron
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2009, 10:16:13 am »
More?
Hilaritas sapientiae et bonae vitae proles.

Offline kadh2000

• Admiral, of course
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Kadh's Empire
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009, 11:47:23 pm »
The only way to get more would be if she fell out of her top on one of those bounces!
"The Andromedans," Kadh said, "will never stop coming.  Not until they are all destroyed or we are."

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2009, 02:50:17 am »
Working on the next instalment...... It seems I started a little war between two guilds who were not to happy about some of my Trading practices ;D

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2009, 11:33:44 am »
The only way to get more would be if she fell out of her top on one of those bounces!

I've been keeping a close eye on her, but she hasn't fallen out of that skimpy top yet...  *SIGH*  I suppose I should give up and get back to work on my parody.   ::)

Still very much looking forward to hearing about the ruckus you caused Soreyes!

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2009, 05:06:27 pm »
I've been keeping a close eye on her, but she hasn't fallen out of that skimpy top yet...  *SIGH*  I suppose I should give up and get back to work on my parody.   ::)

I'll let you know if it happens on my watch, as well as if, at the end of 'The Great Escape', Steve McQueen finally manages to jump that damned fence.

Keep it coming Soreyes.  Enjoying it, and you've convinced me to buy Freelancer.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 05:41:06 am »
Holy Crud!!!!!

Welp it’s been a very hectic day for this little kitty. Started the day by doing a few runs to the MHW. Then I opened shop in Gamma by buying Nomads for a 100,000 each. I had TW, TBH, and Saber all show up to sell me there Squid heads. As I was leaving to Omega 5 there seemed to be a little bit of a disagreement between a Saber pilot and a TW pilot.  8) I did a few more runs before I ran into a MP in NY. I made my offerings and went on my merry way. (that included 8 TW pilots that I have no Idea where I got them).  :huh:

A few minutes later I got a request from Saber to deliver 200 Donuts to Tau 37 for 5 mil credits. WOOT I’m on my way. When I got to Tau 37, I found Saber in battle with SLA. I tried to help out by ramming the SLA pilots. It seems the only ship I rammed was the Saber Destroyer.  :-[ Once the Battle was over and the Calamari lovers were blown up. I made my delivery and headed towards Nomidia. When I got to Nomidia I ran into a TBH member who was very insistent that I make a Donation to the Women & Children’s fund. Well How could I refuse….. He was very Insistent.  :knuppel2: I changed ships and decided to upgrade my Falcon in Robot 2.

I left the safety of the NY system to make my way to Robot two. As I jumped into Tau 31? I was met by three SLA members. Two in Destroyers and one in a Daemon. The chase was on. The only person to try to give me a hand was that TBH person I made a donation to earlier. The only thing was he was three systems away, though he did give me some good advice while I was running.  :) I made the jump to Tau 29 and instead of flying through the rocks and gas pockets, I flew straight up. This seemed to confuse the SLA people and it gave me a bit of a lead. I thought of making a run to the Canada JH, but I found that the Destroyers were gaining on me. So I made my way to the JH to Ceresco. I made the Jump and away I go, with SLA on My Furry rear end. I almost made it. Until I hit a rock and bounced right back into the SLA Destroyers. Embarassed
I hope they choke on that Gold.

Oh and while this chase was going on. The Whole Saber Fleet was in Tau 37 shooting at each other.  ::)

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 05:45:08 am »
 How Not To Tour the Border Worlds.      
I was on a Mission. I needed to bring in some Nomad bodies. Well that endeavor did not work out so well. I got my furry rear end kicked in Battlefield. So I jumped into Tau 37 and proceeded to take my aggressions out on the Outcast. After taking a few missions and just flying around. I had a cargo hold full of some what miffed Outcast pilots. I decided to take the Outcast to my good friends out in Omicron Gamma. We all know how the Coursers just love to play games with there Cousins.  ;)

I jumped into Tau 23 and started towards the Tau 29 JH. It was at this time my scanners picked up SLA Blockade Runner in his Destroyer. I then noticed another SLA ship come up on the scanner. I did not know what type of ship it was, but the chase was on. I made it to Tau 29 then on to Canada with SLA on my Tail. I Made it to Colorado, then into New York. When I got to Manhattan, there were two MPs there. I thought great I’ll just hide underneath them for a while….. NOT!!!! They just called me a coward and vanished. EEK!!!!

I put my little fighter into overdrive and made a very hasty path to Magellan then onto Omega 3. The whole time I had been on the comms with TBH Dagger, who was asking me where a good freighter could be found. I was a little “short” with Dagger, but he understood my predicament when I told him I had Two SLA people chasing me. From then on Dagger was a big help. He noticed that one of the SLA people had broken off and was trying to cut off the most direct path to Gamma. So with a SLA Destroyer on my tale, and another trying to cut me off. I ended up taking the most roundabout way to Gamma that I have ever taken.

From Omega 3 it was onto Omega 7, then onto Omega 11, Omega 41 then Omicron Theta. Dagger gave me a heads up that SLA was in Gamma. DRATS!!!! I looked in my rear view mirror and that SLA Destroyer was still back there. So I did the only thing I could do. I jumped into Frankfurt, and then it was onto New Berlin, then Dresden. Then it was back to Theta and finally into Gamma. I made a mad dash to the Tripoli Ship Yards and landed with SLA Blockade Runner right behind me. The Coursers were just overjoyed with the playthings I brought them. I went to the bar and had a few “Stiff ones” then loaded my cargo hold with Absinthe. As I was getting ready to leave my comms came alive with the voice of Blockade Runner saying “PTA Come out and play” OH GAWD!!!! Don’t they ever go to sleep!!

To Be Continued.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2009, 03:29:42 am »
How Not To Tour The Border Worlds.  Part 2

There I was holed up at the Tripoli Shipyard with SLA Blockade Runner sitting outside just waiting. Oh well “No Guts- No Glory” I launched and the space around my ship was lit up like the 4th of July. I went into cruse drive and made a mad dash to the Omicron 41 JH with Blockade Runner right behind me. I made it to the rocks and nebula when I guess the Great Monkey God took pity on me. It seems that the SLA Destroyer was just not nimble or small enough to go through the rocks. I saw that my lead went from less then 1 klick to about 3.5 klicks. Instead of going through the Omicron 41 JH I headed straight towards the Omicron Theta JH. I took a bit of radiation damage by passing very close to the Gamma Sun. I made it to the Jump hole and on through I went. To my surprise on the other side was TBH Dagger telling me to run, he said he would hold up the SLA Destroyer in his brand spanking new Atlas. As I made my way to the Dresden JH, I heard a very loud exclamation from Dagger. It seems that The SLA Destroyer blew up his ship in about 10 seconds. That was a very brave thing Dagger did for me. Next time I run across him I think I’ll set him up with some very trade able trinkets. On I went and I made it to Dresden then onto New Berlin. It was after I made the Jump to Sigma 13 that I found that I had either lost SLA Blockade Runner or he just gave up. I made my way through Alaska and into New York. When in New York I made a Bee line straight to Booms Retreat. Upon landing I was met by my old contact Juan. It appeared that he was a little upset with me. It seems he heard of my last shipment to Gamma. Juan started to yell and scream about the brothers that were now guest of the Coursers. I just told Juan to pipe down, hell I pointed out that even Juan would sell his mother to the Xenos if there was a profit in it. Juan was still very upset and it appeared that he was going to pull a dagger on me <sigh>. At that time two TBH pilots walked up and asked in a very stern way if there was a problem here. This is the first time I ever saw Juan get the look of terror in his face. Juan backed off and said that there was no problem, just a misunderstanding. Juan looked at me and shook his head. You have made some very powerful friends it seems said Juan. All I could do is crack a little smile. I’ll meet with you a little later Juan; I have some Construction Equipment that you could take out to Zeta. Sure said Juan as he walked away. As I made my way to the Fantasy Suite registration desk, I started laughing when a thought came to me. Maybe giving Money to the TBH “Woman’s & Children’s “Fund has its benefits.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2009, 04:21:47 am »
Oh I can Hunt Nomads

I finally figured out how to hunt nomads. I just hang around in Gamma and shoot em down one at a time. ;D  After shooting down 25 Nomads I got a little full of myself and took a mission at Tripoli. The mission was to take out a Nomad Base. In other words a Nomad Battleship. So away I went to the mission area and there it was a Nomad Battleship and 4 N1 fighters. I made my first pass at the fighters and actually blew one up. Then it was a mess for me. I was getting torn apart by the N1s and the pot shots from the battleship. :o I was about to abandon the mission when out of the blue a Saber Pilot showed up and gave me a hand in getting rid of the N1s. After the N1s were destroyed, I took out the Battleship with a few Cannonballs. Ahhh the sweet feeling of victory. Then the Saber Pilot came over the comms telling me to drop my Illegal cargo. Why you dirty so and so I thought. >:( Well after checking my cargo I found that during the battle I did pick up one or two illegal items. I dropped them and the Saber pilot tractored them to his ship. Gee I wonder what Saber does with the “Illegal” cargo.  I limped my way back to Tripoli and collected my pay. :D

As I sat at the bar in Tripoli, figuring out my next action... In walks TBH Dagger, my eyes did a double take at this. Dagger ordered a beer and came over to my table and laughingly asked if I was still trying to be a fighter pilot. I had to ask how in the heck did you get into this place. Dagger laughed and said what we all know is true. “Money Talks”  :woot:
We talked about some trade routes that he was interested in. Dagger did give me a bit of good advice. He told me that I could hunt Nomads around planet Robolab in the Robot1 system. He told me to just cruse around the area and take out any Nomads that come in the area. He also told me that I should not get into much trouble because there are always a few robot patrols, which will come to your aid. I paid the bar bill and bid Dagger a good day and headed out to Robot1.

As soon as I entered the Robot 1 System all heck broke loose. There were N1s, MkIIs, Mysters, and Damon’s all around. After about 10 to 15 minutes my cargo hold was full of stinking dead squid heads. I landed on Robolab and sold off a whole lot of Nomad equipment and weapons. I then upgraded my Scanner to a Nomad Scanner that I happened to pick up. I then headed to the bar for some refreshment and info. As I was talking to the Bartender, he told me that he could hack my record and make me friendly with all the Robots. I asked what the price was for this favor. The Bartender stated $278,000,000. After I picked my jaw up off the floor. I asked him “What Crack Pipe is you smoking from” The bartender gave a quizzical sound and asked “Of what is this crack and pipe you speak of”. I said never mind and that I would pass on the Favor. All this time I thought I was the craziest thing in this part of space.  ::)

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 02:31:13 pm »
After a computer upgrade last weekend, I just did a fresh install of Freelancer to play again.   :)

Do you have any more of these write-ups to post?  I enjoyed them immensely!