Topic: Slave Girls of Orion VIII: The Mighty Hood Goes Down  (Read 60592 times)

Offline Farfarer

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Slave Girls of Orion VIII: The Mighty Hood Goes Down
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »
Everyone knows the shortest distance between two points is...

Under Construction!

( or as they say in the North, "There are two seasons: Winter and Construction." )

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 11:27:13 pm »
Gotta get Dual Boot. game wont work with Vista. Get a partition with XP.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 06:12:02 pm »
I guess I'm going to have to fix my computer again. I need to find time to reload the system and all of the programs.  :-\ Any word on start date?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »
2 weeks to a test server.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 01:00:27 am »
DO NOT GET VISTA!!!!!!!!!!

Not to worry my friend!  I'm sticking with XP.

In fact, I may make Vista the OS I skip altogether, and keep XP until the Vista replacement appears.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 01:24:51 am »
Try XP64...more resourses, handles more RAM, faster processers and a higher Vid card.  Got a 3 Ghz dual core, 4 GB RAM and a 512 vid card w/mine.  ;D
And works great with OP.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 04:44:48 am »
Try XP64...more resourses, handles more RAM, faster processers and a higher Vid card.  Got a 3 Ghz dual core, 4 GB RAM and a 512 vid card w/mine.  ;D
And works great with OP.  ;)

I haven't been able to locate a copy of XP64, any suggestions?
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 07:28:11 pm »
What is the status on this server? And when will it kick off?

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2009, 11:08:45 pm »
5 posts up, Dizzy says test server up in 2 weeks...
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2009, 01:40:25 am »
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2571832&CatId=672

;D

Thanks, I have had a 64 bit machine for over 5 years now.  But only had a 32bit OS on it.  I had XP64 when it first came out and I downloaded the demo version.  But driver support had me go to XP pro instead.

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 11:43:45 pm »
You should include the Taldren adv ships on your shiplist.  I mean what's the point of OP if you don't include these ships.  I mean, these ships are so cool you don't even have to worry about power management.  The only reason for not having them is if you're afraid.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 11:55:38 pm »
You should include the Taldren adv ships on your shiplist.  I mean what's the point of OP if you don't include these ships.  I mean, these ships are so cool you don't even have to worry about power management.  The only reason for not having them is if you're afraid.
Knight's right. They went through the bother to code G2 phasers, so we might as use them.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2009, 11:12:20 am »
Knight's right. They went through the bother to code G2 phasers, so we might as use them.

The also went through the bother to code fighters that fly away from battle.  Everything coded in isn't always worth using.  At least in the form they have them.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2009, 11:19:26 am »

The also went through the bother to code fighters that fly away from battle.  Everything coded in isn't always worth using.  At least in the form they have them.

The wandering fighters in battle is a bug....not really a fair comparison... ;)

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2009, 11:25:07 am »

The wandering fighters in battle is a bug....not really a fair comparison... ;)

not truely a battle bug, a logic error I assume.  But point being, just because something is put in, doesn't mean it is good, or balanced for the game to be used.

My son is working on modding WarHammer40000:Dawn of War:Soulstorm and they have moved around some of the tech to make it more balanced.  It's a long process of balance one area, then find it messed up another area, fix that part. Rinse, repeat.

So even if G2's are good, maybe the point cost is off, or just the ship might not balance well for a fighting equal point battles.  Something to look into, make some of our ships that use them, etc.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 12:04:07 pm »

G2 Phasers are an abomination and should never be used except on player created monsters and big baddie AI only ships. Anything that is ECM proof  and a guaranteed hit out to range 15 shouldn't be allowed in the hands of a live player.

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 12:17:35 pm »

G2 Phasers are an abomination and should never be used except on player created monsters and big baddie AI only ships. Anything that is ECM proof  and a guaranteed hit out to range 15 shouldn't be allowed in the hands of a live player.

Our X2-love was a joke, because we really don't like the Taldren X ships. Okay, so it wasn't as good as Frey's April Fools joke... but we still got you.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 07:31:06 pm »

Our X2-love was a joke, because we really don't like the Taldren X ships. Okay, so it wasn't as good as Frey's April Fools joke... but we still got you.

:smackhead:

Thank God! I thought someone had gotten to you!  ;)

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 10:49:48 pm »

:smackhead:

Thank God! I thought someone had gotten to you!  ;)

Roy's lying.  After you abandoned us to the 450 adv crowd, they corrupted us.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:03:37 pm by knightstorm »