Topic: Anyone get CCC's model editor to work on Vista?  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Rhaz

• Lt. Junior Grade
Anyone get CCC's model editor to work on Vista?
« on: March 24, 2009, 08:49:59 am »
Is there a secret set of settings that I need to use to launch the model editor (located here http://www.geocities.com/ccc004/) under Vista?  I've tried to run it as administrator and different compatibility modes, but the program crashes everytime I try to start it.

Anyone have any luck getting this to run?

TIA,

Rhaz

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Anyone get CCC's model editor to work on Vista?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 03:07:56 pm »
Works fine for me (see attached).

I just downloaded it, unzipped it with 7-zip and ran it. No compatibility settings or anything. Running Vista Home Premium fully patched (well except for device drivers from MS, silverlight, IE8 or the Office Live Add-in), with an ATI Radeon X1200 series running Catalyst® Version 08.11, Catalyst's OpenGL Version 6.14.10.8201 , Directx 10.

Perhaps you got a bad download? Maybe clear your cache and download a new copy?

Other thing to look at is video drivers, directx, and OpenGL compliance of your video drivers. I'm amazed but I can identify OpenGL by the look of it now. When I looked at the imports of MfcSfcEd.exe, sure enough there's opengl32.dll...

Windows video drivers vary wildly in their compliance with opengl, sometimes a rollback to a previous version will get opengl working again. Often new drivers break it, or only the non WHQL ones include it... all depends on the video card.

Maybe find an OpenGL test app to verify if this might be the issue. (or test with a game that uses either DirectX or OpenGL)

The real question though is how could this have been in existence since 2001 and I never knew about it?!  :o

EDIT: other possibility is that you are missing some dependency that is present on my system (i tend to have lots of development type stuff installed).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 03:27:31 pm by Bonk »

Offline Falconer

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 11:28:07 am »
Anyone have a copy of this editor they could make available? Doing some light editing and used this editor a lot but lost my copy over the years.

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 09:31:34 am »
I use the M6 V1 model editor.

It allows the creation of new polys as well, so it is possible to start from scratch with a clean sheet.
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!