Topic: Yummy Goodies!  (Read 3096 times)

Offline power2022

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Hobos + Listerine = Great Breath for everyone!
Yummy Goodies!
« on: April 01, 2009, 07:36:23 pm »
Here have a cookie!
What cookie? I know!

So, now that you're here, I had some questions about sfc op and eaw. I'm trying to mod it a little to suit my tastes and was curious about 5 simplist things.

1)The TRBH hidden weapon (which it's ui is totally busted) has a texture which looks like a thicker phaser b and sounds a lot like the phaser 4, is it possible to change the texture? (aka. where is it?) Here's what it looks like now.
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7192/sfcoptrbl.png

2) I found by doing a multi lan game that cloak doesn't render ships impervious to sensors in the range 70-100 area (which I kinda hoped it did) Ships are only invisible past 100 as usual even if cloaked. Was this ever different in EAW or a previous patch?

3) Orion ships APPARENTLY have stealth, but I haven't seen anything to prove such. It seems to be in the shiplist, but I can't see the usual effects of ecm in game. Is it actually there? Also is there a way to transfer the engine doubling ability to empire races? (through a simplist means like the shiplist)

4) Are there any other special hidden weapons besides fighter missles, droM, droD, and the Trb?

5) :P AND finally taldrenitians, I wanted to know most of all what this icon is about. I found it in the vessel library. Any way to mount it to a ship through shiplist? What is it? any other info about it would be helpful. Here it is!

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7581/iconj.png

that covers everything I'm wondering, thanks in advance to everyone here :)

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: Yummy Goodies!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 01:48:01 am »
Only one I can answer on is the UI for the TRBH.  From what I have seen, it isn't so much broken as not defined at all.  I don't remember seeing anything about the TRBH in the UI stuff I have looked at (but haven't looked at it all yet)

Until I locate where the Quicksilver User Interface Language  (QUIL, at least I think that is what it means) is kept for the game, fixing things like this will not work out.  I'll put it on my list of things to figure out (it's behind the Lyran/fusion problem).
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline power2022

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 05:02:34 pm »
Hmmm interesting about the ui for the trbh. I saw the thread where you are working on the .q3 file, excellent if not freaking amazing work ! :)

All in all though, I could live with just knowing question 5, what the hell is that icon, what's it for, how do I get it, etc :P.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 10:23:14 pm »
Hmmm interesting about the ui for the trbh. I saw the thread where you are working on the .q3 file, excellent if not freaking amazing work ! :)

All in all though, I could live with just knowing question 5, what the hell is that icon, what's it for, how do I get it, etc :P.

Well, I have no idea what it is, without the name it is under hard to put it on a ship.   I would be able to replace another icon with that one tho (haven't tried but should be able to be done, just have to rewrite a few thousand offsets if they are not the same size, but can be done).

To find out what it is, look in the shiplist of the ship it was displayed on.  Not sure where you found that little guy tho.

Offline power2022

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 05:02:34 am »
You can only see it if running the game in 1600x1200 and going into the vessel library.

It looks like the icon itself works (it's clickable in the vessel library) but as to how to mount whatever it is I have not a clue (like what to type in shipedit to call it to the ships ui). Kinda have a feeling it's the ui of what was supposed to be the TRBL but was replaced with the ppd icon instead for some cunning reason I'm sure.

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 03:41:23 pm »
1)The TRBH hidden weapon (which it's ui is totally busted) has a texture which looks like a thicker phaser b and sounds a lot like the phaser 4, is it possible to change the texture? (aka. where is it?) Here's what it looks like now.
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7192/sfcoptrbl.png

Sorry, couldn't tell you.  Haven't played that deep in the texture files to figure it out.

2) I found by doing a multi lan game that cloak doesn't render ships impervious to sensors in the range 70-100 area (which I kinda hoped it did) Ships are only invisible past 100 as usual even if cloaked. Was this ever different in EAW or a previous patch?

Nope.  Since the beginnings of SFC, cloak has "visually" rendered itself the exact same way.  In the later OP patches, the "cloak protectivness equations" were tweaked / implemented in a much more SFB-method.

The closest to "invisible cloak" you can get is to use the "F9" (aka no-hud) onscreen view to kill all shield lines and, if you un-lock yourself from the target, ignore the little "Romulan ship here" box.

3) Orion ships APPARENTLY have stealth, but I haven't seen anything to prove such. It seems to be in the shiplist, but I can't see the usual effects of ecm in game. Is it actually there? Also is there a way to transfer the engine doubling ability to empire races? (through a simplist means like the shiplist)

Yes it does.  I've seen better phaser results (and more accurate torpedo results) when running with 2 ECCM vs "stealthy" targets like fighters and orions than without.

To confirm it yourself, make sure vollyinfo is on, start up a skirmish with a "neutered stealty" target, and fire repeatedly with both 0 and 2 ECCM.

4) Are there any other special hidden weapons besides fighter missles, droM, droD, and the Trb?

I thought Dro-M is the MIRV launcher, usually only found on X-ships and a few (usually Mirak) ship variants.  Dro-D is terribly broken.  I thought there is a Dro-E or some other odd letter (6 space rack like a Dro-B but with the 2/turn firing rate of a Dro-C).

5) :P AND finally taldrenitians, I wanted to know most of all what this icon is about. I found it in the vessel library. Any way to mount it to a ship through shiplist? What is it? any other info about it would be helpful. Here it is!

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/7581/iconj.png

that covers everything I'm wondering, thanks in advance to everyone here :)

No clue as to this one either, though the TRB icon sounds like it's the most legitimate guess...

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 09:47:38 pm »
oddly anough that icon is listed as FF_ENGINES_BMP.  Maybe it was a protype of doing the warp core in SFC3.

Offline power2022

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 06:33:33 am »
Thank you SOOOO much guys, that really helps a shatner load.

No invisible cloak at all, well if there is to be  a sfc4, the detection range of a ship should most definately be limited to 60 or so units if cloaked (it might even be scriptable I'll have to see in the coming years when I begin that).

Good to know stealth apparently works, will test.

So it's FF_engines_bmp, I suppose there's no way to get it into a ui and to use it for something. I thought it looked like a warp core come to think of it :P. To bad it wasn't added, hit and run that target to cause massive power losses (whereas it wouldn't be proudent on mirak ships with ballistics as their primary weaponry really).

Thanks again, and please feel free to add any other info. I'm sure others that have wondered this stuff will greatly appreciate this thread.

Offline FVA_C_ Blade_ XC

• Forum Czar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Yep,I did it.
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2009, 06:23:59 pm »
The THRB is the Tractor repulsor beam,It's a Andro weapon it bascily shakes your ship to death in SFB dunno if it works in the game.
FVA_C_Blade_XC
XenoCorp Fleet Operations
www.xenocorp.net
ISC Race Moderator
Visioneer
S.S.Blade

See Wade,See Wade post like an arse,See Wade get banned.
Dont be a Wade!

Offline power2022

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 04:28:58 am »
It effects to the point where you can fire it. That's pretty much it, it acts as a direct fire weapon.

Offline David Ferrell

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • He's a Woozle; his name is Peanut.
    • Dave's Page O Stuff
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2009, 01:11:00 pm »
I think Scott put this in, but it's been so long I'm not sure.  As
you have discovered, it's pretty much a hack with no art or any
other support.

I had completely forgot about this until you mentioned it.

Offline David Ferrell

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • He's a Woozle; his name is Peanut.
    • Dave's Page O Stuff
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 01:13:45 pm »
If memory servers, the icon you ask about is from a SFC 1 mission.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 02:55:55 pm »
If memory servers, the icon you ask about is from a SFC 1 mission.

Hmm, gives alittle more reason to reinstall SFC1 so I can pull apart it's Q3 file also.

Was reading the DB edit code and see they have some of it that isn't figured out yet, so got me curious about that now too. 

So much to dig through and only me to do it.