Topic: Common Settings Question  (Read 4633 times)

Offline JackSlayer

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Fleet Admiral
Common Settings Question
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:09:24 am »
Can someone please explain what each of these mean, and what effect changing the values will do

WeaponItemsGF

Cost = 1000 
Mass = 200
Health = 25 
Energy = 8.0
Damage = 9.0

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: Common Settings Question
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:15:31 am »
Cost: How much prestige it costs to put the weapon on a ship.  Note that if a weapon is already in the hard point that it will be the difference of this weapon and the one that was already there.

Mass: How much weight that particular weapon takes up.  Starships have a limited amount of mass available for each system.

Health: How many Hit points the weapon has.  Increasing the Health means that the system itself can take more damage before being rendered inoperable.

Energy: How much power the weapons demands to fire a 100% shot.  the SFC3 power allocation system allows weapons to be used anywhere from 1% power, to 150% power, with the appropriate damage modifier.

Damage:  The base damage the weapon will inflict at 100% power.  As stated in Energy, power consumption can have the weapon fired anywhere from 1% to 150% damage.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline JackSlayer

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Fleet Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:17:57 am »
Thanks alot for the quick respons bro :thumbsup:

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 09:33:34 am »
Your welcome.

Now, do remember, that if you are going to play in any online games, (GSA or Dyna3) this file and the other associated files must be the same amongst all the players.  If it is not, the anti-cheat measures are going to kick in and prevent you from connecting to each other.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline JackSlayer

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Fleet Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 09:35:17 am »
Roger that !

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 09:40:48 am »
Shoot... one correction, sorry.

Power goes to 200%.  Any power used beyond 100% only affects weapon damage by .5%  So a 180% power shot only does 140% damage.

Offline JackSlayer

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Fleet Admiral
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 09:54:27 am »
gotcha thanks,

ok i was hoping you could explain these as well,

[ComputerItems\F-COMPUTER-I]
Description = "F-COMPUTER-I"
Cost = 500
Mass = 100
AntiCloak = 0
AntiCloakRating = 0
RangeIndex = 1
LockBonus = 0
Health = 40

[CloakItems\K-CLOAK-I]
Description = "K-CLOAK-I"
Cost = 550
Mass = 125
CloakRating = 60
CloakCost = 10
Health = 20

[ShieldItems\F-SHIELD-I]
Description ="F-SHIELD-I"
Strength = 5
Efficiency = 3.0
Cost = 500
Mass = 1000

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 10:07:07 am »
These are a bit more complicated, and I'm not sure what some of them do, but I'll let you know what I know.

Anti-Cloak:  0 means the computer (sensors) has no anticloak abilities.  1 means the computer does have anti-cloak abilities.  If the number is a 0, the only option you have for finding a cloaked ship is probe and pray.

Anti-cloak rating: 0-100 the higher the number the more powerful the anti-cloak system.  I believe, that this is a random number, compared to the cloak rating attached to the cloak.  The higher number wins, if its the anti-cloak, the cloaked ship becomes visible.

Range Index:  This is the base range that your sensors reach.  This number can be boosted by using Deep Scanners.

Lock Bonus: I have no clue what this does.

Cloak Rating: Works the same as the Anti-cloak rating, the higher the number the harder for Anti-cloak systems to find the cloaked ship.

Cloak Cost: Power required to cloak.  This is a fixed cost, and it's usually rendered moot, because power is taken from shields to cloak.

Strength: Damage a particular shield can take before it collapses.

Efficiency: Not entirely sure, but I have to believe that this is how much power the shield requires to operate, regardless of status.

Offline JackSlayer

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Fleet Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 10:16:49 am »
thanks again  :)

Offline GFL Offkey

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Galactic Foriegn Legion
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 07:19:04 pm »
Efficiency is what it says how efficient a shield is . If it takes damage and drops how fast will it regenerate. We use this in Legions at War mod for bases. to make the bases more realistic we upped the hit points and upped the efficiency of unused borg shields. What the outcome is bases are harder to take and it requires multible ships to take a base down. We also did this with battleships but not as much. So if you want more efficient shields bring this number up.