Topic: Cleeve's vor'cha update  (Read 4987 times)

Offline Kevlar

• Lt. Junior Grade
Cleeve's vor'cha update
« on: April 22, 2009, 09:28:00 am »
Short story made shorter: work is forcing me to learn the ropes of 3ds, and decided to do it meddling in some 3d models of ships . One of the models I always loved was cleeve's Vor'cha, that has been widely ported to games like sfc3,  space empires, bridge commander, well even legacy since 2002 (jesus time does pass fast... still remember downloading this ship sand being in heaven....) 

It is time to give it a little bit of a revamp tho and so ,  after getting Cleeve's permission, i'm starting to twink it with some elements from a super high detail vor'cha GCI  i got from work 

... will be a slow process tho

Offline Fallen_Warrior

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Go to hell Frey
Re: Cleeve's vor'cha update
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 07:07:24 pm »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:23:45 pm by Fallen_Warrior »
All that remains are ashes caused by neglect and self loathing

Offline Kevlar

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:11:50 am »
it will sit closely to the limit of sfc3 "hard cap" on .x files. so around 20k polys. 21 k  . couple of more pictures... the bow/disruptor pod is almost done, same happens with the ventilator/exhaustors areas. Overall the central superstructure is almost done... time to  worki on the stern now (the most important thing for a sfc player, since it is normally what we see more times)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:03:14 am by Kevlar »

Offline Kevlar

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 05:19:37 am »
fighting polys now.... only have ~1500 more freedom margin.. after that we bid adieu to sfc3and still wanted to rebuild part of the "wings" section and the nacelles.. but..... choices, choices...
....unless i'll go texturing mode.. and i hate texturing.. besides...but don't know why always loved this model textures..... they kind of give it a mean solid metalic flavor of some sort...

err, just trying the Artistic render of Deep Exploration... greattttttttt program.........

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 05:30:53 am by Kevlar »

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 10:18:00 am »
 ;D Nicely done. Any chance you'll do some workon the TMP Klingons? The D-10 needs an update...

Qapla'

KF
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Kevlar

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 06:30:30 pm »
thanks. well i'm not completly done, i still have about 1200 poly margin  to work with... just undecided about "wing section" or "nacelles"...  right now i'm using it "in game" to see what is more noticeable. 

well i might have a look at that d-10 eventually (i'm only interested in klingon ships)

in the meantime, something to show a klingon fanatic... "can't" release this since i'm unable to contact darkdrone.. this one i can't mess with more...2 more polys and it goes puff in sfc3...

edit: it actually looks better than what the picture suggest,, had to render it in the sfc3 modelliing tools since both autodesk and deep exploration apparently dislike the diffuse levels of the textures or the kind of dds format they are in, and refuse to show them.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 06:43:55 pm by Kevlar »