Topic: Where'd everyone go?  (Read 5478 times)

Offline Czar Mohab

• Faith manages.
  • Lt.
  • Chewie - Go jiggle the handle!
Where'd everyone go?
« on: July 04, 2009, 03:48:57 am »
Kinda empty around here lately... been seeing

(tumbleweeds, if the gif doesn't load for you)

... have to be careful; around where I live some of 'em are radioactive!

Started a new job and aquired a "new" Dell laptop (P3 866Mhz, 256 MB RAM... Major WOOTAGE!), so during down time I should be producing more literature for you all to "enjoy". I promise to finish SC:3 and SC:4 eventually, broken LCD wires (man these old Dells can take abuse! If it wasn't already partly broken when I got it it would have survived the fall intact) won't stop me!

Czar "I need a laptop that can survive a fire, flood, and a 3000 foot fall, then I'll be happy," Mohab
US Navy Veteran - Proud to Serve
Submariners Do It Underwater - Nukes Do It Back Aft - Pride Runs Deep
Have you thanked a Vet lately?

Subaru Owners Do It Horizontally Opposed!
Proud Owner - '08 WRX - '03 Baja - '98 Legacy

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
Re: Where'd everyone go?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 03:43:22 pm »
There is little happening to be here for...
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 07:17:36 pm »
I check the thing, but not too much being posted these days.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Scottish Andy

• First Officer of the Good Ship Kusanagi
  • Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 10:49:59 pm »
I pop in occasionally, but I'm too busy with an actual real life social life and friends, Xbox and virtual friends there, and actually sitting and writing tons of stuff I can't actually put up here. :) Plus, what I did put up got little or no responses anyway.

Rest assured, the USS Fearless arc continues, I'm trying to finish a USS Falklands story that I have to... uh, "sanitise"... to publish here, Andrew's adventures in interspecies dating continue as well, and I have a my (chronologically) first USS Cortes story on the way. So much writing getting done, so little getting finished! lol

Anyway, I'm all about the starting new stories, writing and transcribing, and not so much about the finishing stories and publishing them.

Give me some more time, and you'll get a deluge. :)
Come visit me at:  www.Starbase23.net

The Senior Service rocks! Rule, Britannia!

The Doctor: "Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."
Mickey: "Wot's that?"
The Doctor: "No idea. Just made it up. Didn't want to say 'Magic Door'."
- Doctor Who: The Woman in the Fireplace (S02E04)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2009, 01:44:19 pm »
For the stuff you can't post here...

...just link it or tell us where to find it. ;)
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Grim Reaper

• The 4th Horseman, the Lord of Death
  • Lt.
  • Beyond the apocalypse
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 12:08:50 pm »
and sanitizing is imho not necessary...
Snickers@DND: If there is one straight answer in that bent little head of yours, you'd better start spillin' it pretty damn quick, or I'm gonna take a large, blunt object, roughly the size of Kallae AND his hat and shove it lengthwise up a crevice of your being so seldomly cleaned that even the denizens of the nine hells would not touch it with a 10-feet rusty pole

Offline Scottish Andy

• Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 02:43:01 pm »
Oh trust me, Grim, it is. I know what is and isn't appropriate on someone else's boards. ;)

Rest assured, it'll go up on my site when it's ready.

Hell, gotta do something to entice ya all back over to my place...

...though, perhaps updating it more than twice a year might help.

Offline Hstaphath_XC

• The Official Bard of XenoCorp
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Captain, XC Hydran Squadron
    • The XC Bard's Corner
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2009, 02:11:12 pm »
After a 3 1/2 year custody fight that went through 2 states and 3 judges, the order was filed today giving me full physical and legal custody of my children.  Once the dust settles on getting my son enrolled for school now (I've already had emergency custody of my daughter for over 2 years) I'm getting back to work!   :)
Hilaritas sapientiae et bonae vitae proles.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 10:39:55 pm »
After a 3 1/2 year custody fight that went through 2 states and 3 judges, the order was filed today giving me full physical and legal custody of my children.  Once the dust settles on getting my son enrolled for school now (I've already had emergency custody of my daughter for over 2 years) I'm getting back to work!   :)

Congrats, my bro went through a similar things for his daughter.  Now be the best you can for them.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Potemkyn

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 09:40:44 pm »
Hi y'all

Been awhile.  Been busy working, trying to keep me head above the water.  No time for the big stories, but my children have been asking for short ones, so I created a character called the Hungry and have about a dozen or so with him.  It's usually The Hungry and the Fox, the Hungry and the Raccoon, the Hungry and the Guinea, the Hungry and the Cudzu.  You get the picture.  I've also been tinkering with Through the Sunderbans, but haven't written anything else.  Just trying to work out character development and get the story to the end without killing too many of them.  I don't suppose anyone else has problems killing off their characters, no?   ::)

More later.

Mike

Offline Andromeda

• Queen of Amber
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Absolute Destiny!
    • Andromeda's Invasion
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 10:32:30 am »
I'm back.  Continuations on old stories coming soon.
this sig was eaten by a grue

Offline Scottish Andy

• Lt. Commander
  • New and improved.
    • Starbase 23
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 10:06:32 am »
I've decided to do my bit to breath life back into this musty room, along with Rommie, so I'm going to read through everything I've missed over the past year it so and comment, as well as publish new chapters of my own. It's not going to be coherent or all that regular, but I'll be here again. Hiopefully others will return as well.