Topic: Weapons Hardpoints Question  (Read 2323 times)

Offline GFLOiram

• Lt. Junior Grade
Weapons Hardpoints Question
« on: July 28, 2009, 09:20:07 am »
Hi Guys
could someone answer this question for me or point me to a place where it has been answered.

When creating a new ship in SFC3 is the hardpoints where the weapons are seen to be fired from in game determined where
they are placed on the model when you build it in your 3d modelling program OR where they are positioned via that models .gf file in the model folder. 
eg.  when building the ship you place HP01  on the front of the ship  but in the models .gf  file you set the position on the rear of the ship. When the ship fires in game  does the beam appear to come from the front or Back.

I hope I explained the question clearly.

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: Weapons Hardpoints Question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 09:37:16 am »
I am a SFC:OP person, but the one on the model should be where the beam comes from, the one in the .gf file should be where it shows up on the UI screen.

So for your example, it would fire from the front, but on the UI screen it would be on the back.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Greenvalv

• Trekkie at large.....
  • Lt.
  • Sfc3files Dept Site Admin
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 05:11:46 pm »
The weapons emanate from the dummy points on the model.  The hps in the gf file only determine where they show up in the refit screen/vessel library/targeting interface.

Offline GFLOiram

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 06:54:16 pm »
that means that programs like the Hardpoint editor are for cosmetic purposes only and should reflect where the Points are actually located on the model.   thanks for the quick reply

BTW I've written up a SFC3 ShipEdit Utility and need testers to find any bugs I may have missed. See your post http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163379444.0.html