Topic: 3 pin power connector?  (Read 1341 times)

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
3 pin power connector?
« on: August 14, 2009, 07:01:54 pm »
Ack.... just got two 140mm fans for side window cooling on the case, but the power connector is 3 pin 12V and I've got all kinds of types  of connectors coming out of the Apevia Beast 680W, but nothing that seems to match. From the documentation: 1 20/24pin main power, 1 ATX 12V 4pin/8pin, 8 peripheral, 2 floppy, 4 SATA, 2 PCI Express.

Am I missing something obvious or do 3 pin connectors also need some kind of adapter to connect with one of the above options?
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians

Offline Capt. Mike

• Live from Granpa's Grotto
  • Captain
Re: 3 pin power connector?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 10:32:16 pm »
Here ya go Nick..  http://www.fanwholesale.com/3pin-4pin-adapter-cable-p-113.html   

And a picture..there's only 49000 available..so order quick 

Mike

Summum ius summa iniuria.

The more law, the less justice.

Cicero, De Officiis, I, 33

"It doesn't, and you can't, I won't, and it don't
it hasn't, it isn't, it even ain't, and it shouldn't
it couldn't"
FZ, 1974

My chops were not as fast...[but] I just leaned more on what was in my mind than what was in my chops.  I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will probably whip the guy with twenty notes.
 --Les Paul

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 02:33:24 am »
Many mainboards have chassis fan headers. I ususally use those as then the fan speed can be available to the bios and apps. Does your mainboad have such connectors or are they already in use?

Offline NJAntman

• Lt. Commander
  • Jusssst short of a 1000 Taldren posts, damn!!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 11:09:31 pm »
Good question; and after getting hold of the MB manual I see now that there is in fact a 3-4 pin CPU fan header and a 3 pin System fan header which have nothing plugged in. I don't currently have control of the CPU speed so I guess the CPU and System fan are connected into the tangle of power supply connectors.

So I'll just switch them. Thanks for the heads up Bonk. And if it doesn't work out I'll just buy some adapters, thanks for the heads up Mike.
G.R.I.P. - Great Rid of Incumbent Politicians