Topic: Magna est Veritas et Praevalebit. A List.  (Read 2190 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Magna est Veritas et Praevalebit. A List.
« on: September 08, 2009, 07:52:11 pm »
Or If I translated this right, Truth is mighty, and will prevail.

I believe it was the book of Ezra, But what better way to think of Trek, then say things such as "Is there no truth in Beauty" or Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

Therefore, I give you a list. http://www.verumserum.com/?p=6190

Sci-Fi’s Most Beautiful Stars: 1933-2008

John on September 4, 2009

And now for something completely different…

I’m a fan of sci-fi and fantasy films. One of the things I’ve noticed about these movies over the years is that they always feature beautiful stars. There are no doubt lots of interesting reasons for this, but I think the obvious ones are probably the right ones. In any case, we’ll save that discussion for another day.

For the moment, the only goal is to identify the most beautiful stars in sci-fi/fantasy films for every year from 1933-2008. Now, prior to 1950 there wasn’t a lot of science fiction on the screen, so you’ll see a lot more fantasy films prior to that date. Honestly, some of the films are a bit of a stretch under sci-fi or fantasy, but it was the best I could do. If you have a better suggestion, feel free to disagree or make suggestions in the comments.

Finally, a content warning: Everything here is from G, PG or PG-13 films, nearly all of which I’ve seen, some of which I’ve seen several times and many of which you’ve no doubt seen as well. Princess Leia’s metal bikini is as risque as it gets. If, however, you avoided seeing Return of the Jedi because of nudity you should probably skip this post as well.

Without further ado…

* 1933 – Fay Wray in King Kong
    * 1934 – Maureen O’Sullivan in Tarzan and His Mate
    * 1935 – Olivia DeHavilland in Midsummer Night’s Dream
    * 1936 – Jean Rogers in Flash Gordon (serial)

----------------

More of course at the link, good stuff my friends.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War