Topic: How to install new missions/scripts?  (Read 12131 times)

Offline Kolvir

• Lt. Junior Grade
How to install new missions/scripts?
« on: September 30, 2009, 12:54:15 pm »
I found the mission scripts, eaw_campaigns_for_OP_Scripts-20030330, that I want to install in OP, but there are no instructions on how to do so. I've dug over this board trying to find more but can't seem to find a clear answer. It is probably something simple, but considering the difficult time I've had getting this game running and the number of times I've had to reinstall it I'm being cautions.

There is a eaw_Scripts folder that contains several files and sub-folders, some of what looks like source files and various libraries. How do I install all of these missions?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: How to install new missions/scripts?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 05:18:02 pm »
Scripts (.scr) go in <your EAW installation folder>\Assets\Scripts
Campaigns (.mct) go in <your EAW installation folder>\Assets\Scripts\Campaigns

I recommend using 7-zip as opposed to winzip. Windows and winzip will try to convince you the scripts are screensavers. They are not.

I also recommend that you back up <your EAW installation folder>\Assets\Scripts before you start messing around in there, in case you end up overwriting something you wanted to keep.

Offline Kolvir

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 11:06:22 pm »
Many of the folders have contents like this, for example His_HostileSkirmish:

His_HostileSkirmish.cpp
His_HostileSkirmish.dsp
His_HostileSkirmish.h
His_HostileSkirmishMaps.cpp
His_HostileSkirmishMaps.h
His_HostileSkirmishStateStarting.cpp
His_HostileSkirmishStateStarting.h
His_HostileSkirmishText.cpp
His_HostileSkirmishText.h
His_HostileSkirmishVictory.cpp
His_HostileSkirmishVictory.h
vssver.scc

What do I do with these? I'm assuming these are uncompliled missions. In fact, I see few if any .scr or .mct files. Do I have the wrong group of missions? What I was looking for originally was the EAW missions for OP, but most of the posts about the missions very old and/or dead links so I'm having a hard time putting it all together.

I'm wondering if what I have here is the source files for all of the missions aimed at people who what to modify and learn from them. If that is the case where do I find a compiled package of the campagin and mission files?

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 01:42:34 am »
I haven't messed with the scripts stuff for along time, but those files shouldn't be needed.  If I remember correctly in the game there is a scripts folder, move the files that have a SCR ending or something of that nature (I am at work and can't just pull up my files and look) into that folder.  Should be all that is needed to be done.

Hopefully someone will correct this if I am mistaken.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 05:53:48 am »
Yeah, you've got the sources there, not the compiled scripts which you will find here:
http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/EAW_missions/EAW_campaigns_for_OP-20030330.zip

http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/EAW_missions/
There you will find some NW missions compiled for EAW, OP missions for EAW, campaign files and instructions:
http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/EAW_missions/howto_install_20030617.txt

I think the file you got was this one (the sources):
http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/EAW_missions/eaw_campaigns_for_OP_Scripts-20030330.zip

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 11:33:38 am »
Bonk started you on the path for gettig these acripts installed..

let me give you the breakdown on how to get them working

first DL

http://klingon.pet.dhs.org/EAW_missions/eaw_campaigns_for_OP_Scripts-20030330.zip

then unzip to its own folder

Move all the files with the file extension .scr to the Starfleet Command Orion Pirate\Assets\Scripts folder. DO NOT move the files with the extension .mct

Now the MCT files, you are going to move them to Starfleet Command Orion Pirates\Assets\scripts\campaigns folder

Now you when you launch the game, you can go into your campaign selection screen and you can see the new campaigns for the campaigns.

Alternatively you can run my OP Enhancement Package
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 12:44:20 pm »
I use the OP enhancement package.  No muss, no fuss, and my package is awesome now.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline matchbox2022

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 04:51:40 am »
I know this is old....but how hard in reality would it be to make nw warp patrols, essentially the 'patrol' scripts, adapted to be used in single player skirmish instead?