Some of my models

some of the renders aren't that good sorry

My Models at Turbosquid and The3dstudio
http://www.turbosquid.com/Search/Artists/William-Riker
http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_search.aspx?id_author=311647

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Cad Schematics are our Speciality
  • Lt.
  • Trek Canon!!! I NO believe in TreK Canon!!!.
Re: My models
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 12:49:38 pm »
Very nice work there Keep up the great work.  would be nice to see your Bonaventure Ported to the game  ;D

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 01:23:12 pm »
i like id love the piolt the phaser pistol agasint a K-10 lol

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 01:46:55 pm »

You keep improving the way you are and you'll be able to build you own in no time ;D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 02:06:55 pm »
Haha - I see you've met Atolm.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline candle_86

• The Old School
  • Lt.
  • Position Gamma Hydra sector 10
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 03:05:23 pm »

You keep improving the way you are and you'll be able to build you own in no time ;D

now dont go getting my hopes up so far its been dumb luck

Offline Terradyhne

• Lt.
    • Terradyhne-yards
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 04:29:59 am »
the Fek'lhr is great work and those pre TOS and TOS feds to  :)  :D  :o
the other are good model works but just ugly designs

"there will be no better worlds with human presence as mankind tends to ignorance, intolerance and selfishness, despite they tell you about themselves"

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 11:38:40 am »
I see one of my designs in there  ;)

Beautiful designs all of them :)
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline dogfighter

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 12:09:04 pm »
nice models you have there. that limecolored wip looks awesome. as do the shuttles and the tos ships.

ed:)
your sssship iss ssssoft!

Offline William_Riker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • BUY MY STUFF
More
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 12:52:24 pm »
thanks

there all models i made for Starfleet command (all the ships) and are all low-poly

Runabout -
polys: 1,446
verts: 3,358

Ferengi P'Kor -
polys: 1,235
verts: 1,245

Justice Class -
polys: 3,807
verts: 3,945

Decker Class -
Polys: 5,708
Verts: 5,994 .......

Max polygons around 20.100 for some ships
and yes some ships a based on Atolm concept art, i thing e should be hired by paramount
to design some ships for a new series  ;)

You don't have to buy my model, but you can visit the pages
most of the model have information on polygon count and other pictures

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2009, 10:42:34 am »
I did not know you could sell models that are based off of a franchise without hitting some sort of intellectual property thing. I for one wouldn't sell my SFC models anyways - less people would enjoy them.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

intermech

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 11:18:09 am »
Great models!

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 02:56:04 pm »
If you are looking for pay for certain meshes Riker I think we could work a deal if you would like...there are alot of my designs that are uncompleted ATM that could use some attention.

I am very interested in those ones of mine you produced of course.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 10:15:44 pm »
Nice meshes.... I see one in particular that'd make a very nice Gorn X ship!

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 01:23:53 am »
Those cardassians are nice, if only they were textured, and I'd want them for BC anyways. Not sure about the selling bit, unless full rights go to the payer. Though I do have a question, do you take requests?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 01:28:55 am »
Those cardassians are nice, if only they were textured, and I'd want them for BC anyways. Not sure about the selling bit, unless full rights go to the payer. Though I do have a question, do you take requests?

What cardassians? he didn't post any spoonhead ships
Robinomicon

Offline joker

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Take the ace!!
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 07:08:05 am »
I really like the ferengi ship, its awsome.

MSI GT729 Intel Quad Core Q9000 Processor Technology (2.0GHz),
4GB DDR 3 Ram, 500GB HDD, DVD Super Multi/ Blu-ray Optical Drive,
ATi Mobility Radeon HD 4850 3D Graphic Card with 1GB

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 07:36:26 am »
Very nice models in here mate, Not a big fan of selling them for mods personally, as I believe a mod is for anyone to enjoy and should be free. But your ships do look good. I really llike the odd looking deadalus types, look like they have an azel twist on them.. very cool.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 11:57:10 am »

What cardassians? he didn't post any spoonhead ships
I went to his site, and there are 4classes shown.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2009, 03:42:53 pm »
My mistake, starforce

So Riker - let me see if I've got this. These models that you are showcasing here are for sale, or are you going to release them for the game?

If you are doing nothing but just plugging your for-sale models, then as a modeler who releases all his works for free, I am rather insulted. I work my butt off making models that I then work my butt of to release for the public. To have a guy come in and advertise his profit-making endeavors is very discouraging for those of us who are doing this as a labor of love. I got no problem with people selling their models - we all need to eat. What I do have a problem with is coming to a community forum like this, where people make models for free all the time, and teasing "you want these? OH then EACH of you needs to pay $10 to bring it into game"..... not fair.

This is further compounded by the fact that you are selling models designed by another person without his knowledge, consent, or any sort of compensation. Atolm is a pretty easy going guy, he would have no problem with letting you model them (though you'd have to ask him directly) Selling them? that MAY be another story, but again You'd have to actually TALK to him about it.

HOWEVER... if you are here to contribute to the community by the same unofficial rules that everyone else does? then I welcome you with open arms.
Robinomicon

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2009, 04:25:17 pm »
If I may interject here also.

Do you have Frey's permission to sell here? He is a very big stickler for that kind of thing.

Can you please PM me, or post here so we know. If you don't , then I'll have to put this thread away for admin review.

Thanks William Riker.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Rod ONeal

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2009, 04:28:17 pm »
From the forum rules: 8.

No advertisements. Feel free to share personal accomplishments, however, people come
here to converse, not to wade through product endorsements.  Along with no advertisements,
no money or fund raising is permitted on this site.

This is advertising models for sale.
If Romulans aren't cowards, then why do they taste like chicken?

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2009, 04:39:19 pm »
From the forum rules: 8.

No advertisements. Feel free to share personal accomplishments, however, people come
here to converse, not to wade through product endorsements.  Along with no advertisements,

This is advertising models for sale.

This is PROBABLY advertising - but he may be offering his talents to better the community, too - we don't know - which is why I asked...

It's in the moderators hands, now - let's sit back and let them do their job
Robinomicon

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2009, 09:25:37 pm »
Ok guys, after talking it over with the admins and the Moderators, We believe this was all in innocence here. 

Our reasoning is thus, He didn't come out and say hey look at my stuff, and pay me money. It is in fact an innocuous sig. link, similiar to others we have seen. What we will do, Is ask him to review the rules on advertising. 

Being as how other sites do allow the selling of models, We believe he just wasn't aware that we frowned on it as a whole, OR that it was never his intention to sell his work here on our site.

We believe it better to take this time to point out the above rule regarding advertising, and thus keep everyone in good spirits here.

We believe that intent matters, and it was not his intent to offend or sell his product at this time, It was just a mistake.

For Review, here is the rule that is in question...

8. No advertisements. Feel free to share personal accomplishments, however, people come

Since his sig link was unintentional (we believe) to be selling a product, there is no harm no foul.

More information may come after the boss man himself get's back to us. (Frey's a busy man these days.)

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2009, 10:11:27 pm »
This guy is selling them! He PM'd me just a few ago! I bought one of his ships... pretty lil thing, but it's a SCAM! Damned thing wont even do warp speed. Freaking broken ship. I got ripped!

Dont buy from this guy!!!  :D

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2009, 10:19:52 pm »
LMAO!
Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 01:26:29 am »
So that's how Denny hecker is trying to save himself..cash for clunkers! :laugh:

Seriously riker..if you do requests I might have something you like. Give me a yell.

Offline Atolm-Rising

• Lt.
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 11:35:17 am »
Hey Will, I've caught this similar thread over at DRS, and I replied there, but I ask you here, If you are selling meshes that are based on another person's work, you are going to need permission, as I and Raven, and others are not seeing a dime or even been asked as to if we would mind if you could sell them.  So let us know what you are doing, and how we can rectify this situation :)

Offline William_Riker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • BUY MY STUFF
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 05:58:28 pm »
I WAS waiting for the release of either the Fan based SFC4 or the Q3 file unpacker "by Marstone" to release my model for the Starfleet Command community for free, but seeing everybody around here keeps moaning about-it i'm releasing 23 of my models.

Most of the models where made back in 2006-2007
since then i have improved my modeling and texturing skills
some like the "Korolev Yacht" are probably older,
also i don't think all the models are resized for the game

I only ask that you don't post the files elsewhere.

Link to follow ...

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 09:13:54 pm »
Riker, I'm not sure if you are understanding why so many of us are irked.
Robinomicon

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 11:16:05 pm »
Its up to Atolm and Raven to decide how they feel about it - i won't take umbrage for them, only from where I stand. I never try to burn a bridge, and try to make it so its easier to prevent a bridge being burned at all.
Robinomicon

Offline William_Riker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • BUY MY STUFF
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 11:23:50 pm »
This really wasn't the reaction i was expecting from the community
I really thought the Star trek and starfleet command community would like to see my model.

I wasn't thinking of selling anything when i made them
All the star trek models i made where for my own personal use in starfleet command, after i stopped playing SFC i

thought, instead of forgetting about them in my hardrive, i will put then up for sale, since i had spent so much

time making them.
I'm new to this business, and didn't even thing of intellectual property or copyright laws.

I was about to put up 12 new star trek model up for sale, but that idea is out the window
and i have removed all star trek ships from turbosquid, (still removing then from the3dstudio).

All this as really put me off from modeling
Turbosquid gets 60% cut plus taxes withheld on a model priced 10 bucks
and now all this...
Star trek models where the majority of my model for sale (around 57 models) and i only sold about 3
its not worth the time and i don't really need it
this is just to pay for my warhammer 40k minis

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2009, 11:32:43 pm »
Will,

I'm following you. The problem was that we weren't sure of your intentions. As I said on my first post I said if you were here to contribute to the community, then awesome! I welcome you with open arms, welcome to the group. There was just some ambiguity regarding as to where you were going - if you were here to try and sell stuff? I would've had a problem with it. Now that you've clarified what your intentions are - I'm cool with you.
Robinomicon

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2009, 08:35:42 pm »

Star trek models where the majority of my model for sale (around 57 models) and i only sold about 3
its not worth the time and i don't really need it
this is just to pay for my warhammer 40k minis

If that's the case, do your ship models for free, and you've instantly solved the problem. You can still charge fees on your other items. Phasers, pads ect, heck, perhaps you should talk to the guys at hidden frontier and such..some of the fan films use CGI Interiors, maybe (and I don't speak for them) but maybe they'd be willing to pay a nominal fee for such things..after all, a real set would require payment of somekind too, for materials.

As far as it not being worth your time..well..you are plenty good enough to get alot of people interested. And you can probably get alot better by getting tips from Raven, Tus, and don't forget there's a few more really high end meshers over at bridge commander who generaly help coach or give tips. That should be good enough for anyone.

Offline TAnimaL

• Lt.
    • Combat Logs from the Cold Depths of Space
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2009, 10:13:01 pm »
To boil down a much long reply I started writing here -

Riker,
Why not place of few of these models on one of the free sites like Battlecinic and see what kind of reaction you get?
Everyone seems complimentary about the models...

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 11:13:15 am »
The choice of model subjects interests me as they all appear in the various literature and fannon schematics that most of us wish somebody would model for the SFC games.... instead of yet another BOP (yawn).

The USS Iron Duke caught my eye as did the USS Ajax plus both the early tugs.

I particularilily liked the 3D model of Rick Steinbeck's 1979 Space Flight Chronology take on the UNSS Bonadveture. Will we be seeing the UNSS Verne, UNSS Polux and NCC-01 Horizon??

Amazing quality of work there.

The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline William_Riker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • BUY MY STUFF
some of the models
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2009, 04:33:21 pm »
Lets be clear i never claimed that all my model where of my design, for example i have posted some previews on DRS's forum to show Atolm what i had done with is concepts

Here are some of the models

http://rapidshare.com/files/297004419/Models.rar

they are not 100% ready for SFC, include are textures and .mod file, textures where reduced

by 50%, some ships have the BS, TI and VL preview files included.
i will eventualy release more models including some not shown here (100% ready to play) and

full resolution textures.

P.s.
Rar files is password protected
Pass is: Dynaverse
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 05:03:56 pm by William_Riker »

Offline Shadowfleet

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Imagination - the best renewable energy source.
    • Shadows Wars
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2009, 09:56:30 pm »
Excellent job WR! You've got serious talent.  Your high quality textures combined wiht well made low poly meshes equals some truly outstanding work! Thanks for sharing with us. The Ferengi and Fed fighters are my favorites in this batch.

I can't wait for the rest of your releases, especially your Ferengi cruiser - if you need help with additional conversions just give me a holler and I'll be on them like a chicken on a June Bug. :D

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2009, 10:33:53 pm »
Riker, Since you seem to be comitted to free participation at this point...I'm going to ask if you are interested in allowing your models to be converted to bridge commander. 

Offline William_Riker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • BUY MY STUFF
Convert away
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2009, 11:14:51 am »
Convert all you want

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: some of the models
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 12:51:09 pm »
Lets be clear i never claimed that all my model where of my design, for example i have posted some previews on DRS's forum to show Atolm what i had done with is concepts

Here are some of the models

http://rapidshare.com/files/297004419/Models.rar

they are not 100% ready for SFC, include are textures and .mod file, textures where reduced

by 50%, some ships have the BS, TI and VL preview files included.
i will eventualy release more models including some not shown here (100% ready to play) and

full resolution textures.

P.s.

Figures i would be on Vacation when it got posted, the link is dead now anyone still have the file available?
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 12:52:12 pm »
ditto

Offline William_Riker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • BUY MY STUFF
Sorry about that
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 11:24:57 pm »
Sorry about that
here is the new link

convert away ...

http://rapidshare.com/files/300300001/Models.rar

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
Re: Sorry about that
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2009, 12:49:46 am »
Sorry about that
here is the new link

convert away ...

Thanks got them now!
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2009, 02:30:15 pm »
Hey riker, any chacne you could make this deneva:
http://www.trekships.org/fleet_starfleet_1.gif

Offline William_Riker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • BUY MY STUFF
Deneva
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2009, 12:03:12 am »
started on on her yesterday.

don't know when it will be finished.

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2009, 12:32:38 am »
Nice!
no one really does freighters and tug.
Robinomicon

Offline William_Riker

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • BUY MY STUFF
other work
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2009, 12:36:15 am »
Kit Bashes based on DRS models
Used is Excelsior, Ambassador and Constitution Class ships
I like all my federation ships in the game to look like the came from the same place
so i normally use ships from the same modeler and create more ships using their textures and model parts
"all for my own personal use" not to sell or post

All Work in Progress

U.S.S. Venture

U.S.S. Crazy Horse

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2009, 12:43:55 am »
freakin' ey, man - I Like!
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2009, 09:06:13 am »
Great models! That Venture is well done, as is the Crazy Horse.

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2009, 11:37:31 am »
you should get permission for those feds they're too awsome to waste on your HD.  BTW I think the crazy horse needs more phaser coverage. And maybe a version with the B nacelles.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:47:13 pm by Starforce2 »

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
Re: other work
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2009, 08:57:31 pm »
Kit Bashes based on DRS models
Used is Excelsior, Ambassador and Constitution Class ships
I like all my federation ships in the game to look like the came from the same place
so i normally use ships from the same modeler and create more ships using their textures and model parts
"all for my own personal use" not to sell or post

All Work in Progress

U.S.S. Venture

U.S.S. Crazy Horse

Now this one is wickedly sick.  You need to finish this bad girl off cause she's real good.  I like.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2009, 06:35:25 am »
Great work there Looking forward to thier eventual Release  :thumbsup:

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2009, 10:16:17 pm »
How goes that new deneva?

Offline The Northern Star

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 10:47:55 am »
Sorry about that
here is the new link

convert away ...

Are these still available somewhere? Some superb-looking ships BTW.

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2009, 11:16:58 am »
Riker, your ships are dammed cool! Even in low polly, they are great. Nice to have found this thread when surfing. :)
But... Oh man, please, don´t say I came to later in the party... :(
Riker, I had saved all of your renderings from the 3ds site, and didn´t know you have released all those 23 meshes...
Please, can you make them available one more time? 
In advance,
A BIG thank you!

Cassio

Sorry about that
here is the new link

convert away ...

« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:43:29 am by starship »

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2009, 11:08:05 pm »
northern star I have that archive if you'd like.

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2009, 06:06:03 am »
Hi Starforce!
Yes, I would like to have a copy of that file. Can you send me a download link or made it available here? In advance, a BIG thank you!

Ps: Have you checked your pms? ;)

Offline Starforce2

• Commander
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2009, 12:54:16 pm »
thats generaly a female thing  ;D

Offline Bernard Guignard

• Lt.
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2009, 06:40:49 pm »
I don't want to see impatient but are we going to see some SFC conversions of these beauties in the near future  ;D

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2009, 04:29:29 am »
thats generaly a female thing  ;D
To check the pms (pm´s) ? :D
Seriouslly, news about that file? :D :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 10:09:25 am by starship »

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships