Topic: Star Trek Online!  (Read 35616 times)

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
Star Trek Online!
« on: October 16, 2009, 09:19:32 am »
Just wondering How many of you guys are going to play this game. Would be nice too all fly the same side. But lets be Honest that wont Happen:) I just hope they still have T-Bomb!

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Re: Star Trek Online!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 09:27:50 am »
I think everyone will check this out.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 01:32:33 pm »
Think sfc3 for battles and then throw in planet side missions. Notice the shield configuration is same as sfc3 for starters. I'll pass.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2009, 05:23:01 pm »
I'll pass.

Then you will miss the only fully-realized and fully-supported Star Trek multiplayer experience that you are likely to have in many, many years.

Foolishness.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 05:47:21 pm »
I'll pass.

Then you will miss the only fully-realized and fully-supported Star Trek multiplayer experience that you are likely to have in many, many years.

Foolishness.

I don't have much hope because of the setting but I'll at least try the demo.   I could be wrong.   

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 06:30:26 pm »
Nope.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 07:56:54 pm »
I passed on legacy, so maybe I'll only be batting 500.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 08:11:09 pm by FPF-Tobin Dax »

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 03:34:43 pm »
Wouldn't this be better in Star Trek Online forums good thing I don't moderate these boards.I find there are way to many off topic threads in the D2 forum.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 04:04:53 pm »
Wouldn't this be better in Star Trek Online forums good thing I don't moderate these boards.I find there are way to many off topic threads in the D2 forum.

:stopposting:

Nothing wrong with d2 players gauging interest in and discussing STO.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 08:20:34 pm »
I signed up for the BEta, and am Hoping something comes of it.

I know OldBuzzard,SFHQ,  and a lot of the 9th Fleet guys have been watching this. IT would be nice to play with friends on a BRidge environment/Landing party environment. Hell I don't care if I'm in charge of Sanitation, Just to be able to do Team missions like we have mused about before in the late past.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 08:29:00 pm »

:stopposting:

Nothing wrong with d2 players gauging interest in and discussing STO.

I just like to be organized and put things in there proper places anyways I to have signed up for closed beta Sirgod.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 09:57:20 pm »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the next "big Thing".

What worries me is in the back of my mind, It might not be the game we want.

It's kinda two fold.

One is we here are an exacting type of people when it comes to Trek, will the hype be more then what we get, or expect?

two If it is bad implementation from the word go. Champions online had a rocky start. (not as bad as some MMO's, but it was rough.)

Stephen

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 01:32:34 am »
Yeah.We are picky bunch aren't we when it comes to Trek.I am just going to be playing the beta out got to much on my plate .

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 08:56:01 am »

And yet you keep posting in them... :buck2:
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2009, 09:25:18 am »
Who cares?   not much going on in D2-land these days.   

STO looks interesting and I'm going to buy it and check it out.   I have a feeling I'll be grossly disappointed with the Starship combat (NOTHING compares to SFC:OP).   But if the single-player content and away missions are compelling, it may hook me.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 11:03:13 am »
Who cares?   not much going on in D2-land these days.   

STO looks interesting and I'm going to buy it and check it out.   I have a feeling I'll be grossly disappointed with the Starship combat (NOTHING compares to SFC:OP).   But if the single-player content and away missions are compelling, it may hook me.

Word!

Have mine on pre-order also.

Stephen

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2009, 03:30:09 pm »
North American release date is for February 2 ,2010 next year as for you Euros Feb.5.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2009, 03:35:32 pm »
North American release date is for February 2 ,2010 next year as for you Euros Feb.5.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this release date being the actual date...
IF the beat testing goes well, meaning they don't find hundreds of issues that will need to be fixed, it MIGHT still pan out.
But, there is no official announcement on the STO site for any release date.
The dates given are put out there by the retailers hoping to get your cash now rather than waiting for it to be released.  ;)
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2009, 03:42:56 pm »
We always have the news on what is going with Star Trek so it as I said.

Star Trek Online

If you don't believe us then check out Eurogamer.net out.

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 12:13:09 am »
Link to Star trek online.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 01:04:59 am »
I gotta agree with Diehard.  I haven't found a MMORPG that I liked in the least.  Well, Eve was almost fun for an hour or so.  These games appeal to people with really bad obsessive/compulsive disorders.  They're no fun, and it takes living on the game to build up a respectable character.  I don't want any part of it.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2009, 07:50:24 am »
Hehe, well you have me pegged with OCD, that is for sure.

Stephen

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2009, 09:50:18 am »
We always have the news on what is going with Star Trek so it as I said.

Star Trek Online

If you don't believe us then check out Eurogamer.net out.

I base what I know on their Cryptic's official site...I'm sure they'll have an announcment when it's going to be released as soon as they're sure.
I don't believe any of the other sites because, well, how would they really know how Cryptic's doing on the game development anyway...?
Maybe you should watch the news on Cryptic's site... ;)
http://www.startrekonline.com/
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2009, 12:37:51 pm »
It has been official reread that the news post agian even by Atari which owns Cryptic and STOline site won't tell you a thing.The devs never tell you when a game is going to be released I learned this with Guild Wars as I found out when Eye of the North was going to be out.

Cryptic and Atari have confirmed that their MMO Star Trek Online will be released for PC on 2nd February 2010 in North America, and 5th February in Europe.

The confirmation follows Amazon.com and GameStop listing the 2nd February date on their pre-order pages earlier in the week
Look at the bolded part.
Here is the official annoucement just like it is on Star Trek Gamers.

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2009, 11:41:02 pm »

Stephen

I just found Eve so boring that it was my own OCD that kept me going for the trial period.  All the others I've tried bored me half to death in only 20 mins.  I really, really don't like the entire genera. 

When it comes to ST, I grew up with TOS, and loved the improved models used for the TMP.  SFB put the ships in a military role that, as a war-gamer, I could relate to.  What does a ST game based in a time period after Voyager do for me?  Nothing.  Voyager was just an awful series in a worn out franchise.  Enterprise was good for the short time it was all about it's goofy characters.  Once it tried to get serious, I lost all interest.  For me, the ST world constists of Rodenberry's original world.  Everything later seems to be a just a corperation husbanding a franchise.  It doesn't interist me.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 02:24:48 pm »
Massively.com contacted Cryptic and they confirmed that this is not the official launch date as suggested by the folks at Eurogamer, where this story started and got bounced around the game site and blog retard echo chamber without anyone trying to confirm the story before posting it.

In fact, a Cryptic employee interviewed at Leeds Eurogamer Expo claimed a late March target for launch, so I would not believe a damn thing you hear until you are logged into the game.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HD

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 05:28:14 pm »

Stephen

I just found Eve so boring that it was my own OCD that kept me going for the trial period.  All the others I've tried bored me half to death in only 20 mins.  I really, really don't like the entire genera. 

When it comes to ST, I grew up with TOS, and loved the improved models used for the TMP.  SFB put the ships in a military role that, as a war-gamer, I could relate to.  What does a ST game based in a time period after Voyager do for me?  Nothing.  Voyager was just an awful series in a worn out franchise.  Enterprise was good for the short time it was all about it's goofy characters.  Once it tried to get serious, I lost all interest.  For me, the ST world constists of Rodenberry's original world.  Everything later seems to be a just a corperation husbanding a franchise.  It doesn't interist me.

See, now I can fully respect that, as I didn't care as much for anything that came with and after Generations. Oh sure I watched the shows, and I did enjoy them, but they never held the same Compassion that the original did. Hell, Blish's books, and the animated series held a closer place in my heart.

Still, gonna give it a shot. Most of the time, it's not the games that engage me as much as the people in them.

Stephen

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 06:24:45 pm »
This is what massively.com is say the same as eurogamer

massively

According to Eurogamer, Cryptic has confirmed that Star Trek Online is set for a February 2nd, 2010 release date in the U.S., and a February 5th, 2010 release in Europe. This comes about a month after Cryptic previously confirmed that STO was set for a first quarter 2010 release.

STO is currently in closed beta, allowing those lucky select fans a chance to the game out. If you previously had purchased the Champions Online lifetime or six month subscription package, you will also be getting a chance to try the game out during the closed beta stage.

We'll be sitting down with the STO development team soon, and are looking to take all the questions you have about the ships of STO; so hurry up and get them in before 12 p.m. PST tomorrow!

[Edit: We contacted Cryptic to confirm Eurogamer's story, and they say that this is not the official release date, but they will be announcing it very soon.]

Take note as they say very soon more like what Eurogamer is saying.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 11:06:23 am »
Age my friend, I learned a long time ago man.

It'll get here when it get's here.

Stephen

Offline Walleye

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 08:13:23 pm »
Just a FYI it says Feb 2 on Cryptic's web site today.

<><

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2009, 06:27:41 pm »
Just a FYI it says Feb 2 on Cryptic's web site today.

<><
This is what I meant by this
Take note as they say very soon more like what Eurogamer is saying.

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 08:22:23 pm »
Assault shuttles confirmed !! woot!!  You will be able to put marines on shuttles and send then over to enemy ships to attack subsystems.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
250GB SATA HD

Centauri Vaughn

« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 07:24:01 am »
Just wondering How many of you guys are going to play this game. Would be nice too all fly the same side. But lets be Honest that wont Happen:) I just hope they still have T-Bomb!

I intend on playing STO. I think MMORPG's are the way to go because of the online player interaction but I will not be suprised if the Star Wars The Old Republic (SWTOR) Online Game blows STO out of the water.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 08:24:06 am »
. . .  I will not be suprised if the Star Wars The Old Republic (SWTOR) Online Game blows STO out of the water.

Me neither, but STO might not suck so it's worth trying.

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
  • Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 10:21:39 am »
. . .  I will not be suprised if the Star Wars The Old Republic (SWTOR) Online Game blows STO out of the water.

Don't know if you saw the latest videos they posted, but starship combat looks cool. 4 shield facings and some concept of arc's and manuvering. Probably more like SFC3, but still.
♥ ♥ ♥  GDA Kroma BaSyl  ♥ ♥ ♥
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2009, 10:43:23 am »
Don't know if you saw the latest videos they posted, but starship combat looks cool. 4 shield facings and some concept of arc's and manuvering. Probably more like SFC3, but still.

yeah, it MIGHT be good especially if you can get huge fleets together.   Quantity has a quality of its own.

I good Trek ship combat game doesn't have to be based on SFB, I just haven't seen one yet that isn't.  This could be fun.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2009, 01:43:28 am »

yeah, it MIGHT be good especially if you can get huge fleets together.   Quantity has a quality of its own.

I good Trek ship combat game doesn't have to be based on SFB, I just haven't seen one yet that isn't.  This could be fun.
There won't be any scatter pack in this one or wild weasels waits till DH hits the E button.btw this is going into closed beta next year.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2009, 12:42:09 pm »

Gorn have been conquered by and are fighting for the klinks!  Pink tutus still alowed?

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2009, 10:45:44 am »

Gorn have been conquered by and are fighting for the klinks!  Pink tutus still alowed?

Yeah, I saw that. Just means I won't be required to wash the tutu, ever.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Because this game makes me feel like  a thirteen year old girl trapped in a lizards body.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2009, 11:54:20 am »
http://cyri.systemrequirementslab.com/srtest/analysis.aspx

Can you run it

This will tell you if your system can handle a game.  Champions online is supposed to have same or similar specs to STO.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2009, 01:51:25 pm »
 just saw timecards being sold for it on amazon.com
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 02:08:12 pm by FPF-Tobin Dax »

Offline KBF-Reejr

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 02:21:52 am »
I'll be there.....would be nice to take a break from wow. Tell Krueg to get off his ass and make me a member of the KBF group in STO....lol
 :P

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 10:13:38 am »
I'll be there.....would be nice to take a break from wow. Tell Krueg to get off his ass and make me a member of the KBF group in STO....lol
 :P

Nice to see you finally got off your ass and registered on the website I've had up since Oct 08 for STO, Reej...  :P :P
There is a link in the KBF sfc2.net forums that'll allow all KBF members to join instantly, no approval wait time.
That's on the site to screen out the 12 yr olds... ;)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 04:52:41 pm by KBFLordKrueg »
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline TotensBurntCorpse

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2010, 12:11:02 am »
am downloading the closed beta for sto  from file planet right now.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2010, 07:30:04 pm »
Toten! Good to see your burnt corpse! ;D

Offline Mu

• Drunk
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2010, 01:46:00 am »
I'm somewhat jaded on MMOs by now, but I did see some excellent review videos for this:

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2010, 01:29:41 pm »
I'm somewhat jaded on MMOs by now, but I did see some excellent review videos for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wuLMqnEU7g&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vG2GAIxruA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6zm4U0QC8A

This Mu who tough all to fly Fed and wrote the guide?

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2010, 01:59:55 pm »
graphics overall looks good, combat looks like, well.  :P ;D
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Mu

• Drunk
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2010, 02:43:04 pm »
This Mu who tough all to fly Fed and wrote the guide?

I did write some stuff yes.  I'm pretty sure DieHard has surpassed that material with refinements and, well, actually playing for years after I stopped and stuff.

Offline Khemaraa

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2010, 02:42:53 pm »
Been Playing the beta..  QUite enjoyable really... not SFC by any streatch.. space combat is a little like sfc-3...but very little.   SHips abilities are partially based on how they are equiped.  The big diferences are how you develop you character and bridge officers..   The game has gone though several patches all-ready, but honestly I wouldn't really call iy GTG yet.  They will make tier 2/2 release date but the games go a ways to go.  It is playable, and combat IS fun, both space and ground.   PvP is balanced up.. your only going to face folks in PvP within a reasonable range of your level fo toon which is a good thing.. As you rank up towards the level cap, you and your crew special abilities get more and more dangerous.  Low level players (Lt rank) will get seriously swatted about by higher ranked players without to much effort.

Its not SFC but it is trek, and its not to shabby.

Just keep working on SFC 4 you guys!

P.S>  nope, I haven't been posting here in a long... long... LONG time..  Stay Frosty you not so ladly lads!   WHen did we get so old and set in our ways anyway.. Not lip from you, I'll smack you with my walker and tie your Depends in a not!

Offline SFCspoonman

• An original Beta tester
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2010, 12:13:08 am »
I been playing it, when the server is up...  Seems to always want to be down whenever I want to get on...   But I do enjoy it, and the combat gives me some SFC memories.    I love the high energy turns, and reverse movement.   I am just now in my cruiser before the wipe.  I will be in on the headstart.  And... I want to join a fleet.   I dont mind playing klingon if I HAVE too, but I prefer Feds.   Seems like in this game though you could maintain both easily though.  You get 3 character slots per subscription I believe.

Anyways if someone has a fleet, I sure am looking for some old SFC folks to fly with.
SFCspoonman

"A Closed mouth gathers no foot." Mark Twain

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2010, 09:48:20 am »
IAnyways if someone has a fleet, I sure am looking for some old SFC folks to fly with.

KBF has already made it's presence known in STO.

http://klingonblackfleet.gamerdna.com/
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 09:36:42 pm »
I heard that Klingons wont be playable at launch. They will be released at a later time. Still debating on getting this game or just waiting until the New Star Wars MMO comes out.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2010, 10:46:43 pm »
IAnyways if someone has a fleet, I sure am looking for some old SFC folks to fly with.

I applied under the name "Khurse" like 30 seconds ago and still haven't received anything showing the fleet bowing down before me.
I'm sure you're nervous, but it's OK. I'm willing to use small words.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline benbean

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 07:13:52 am »
Nice to see you'll be using words to match your stature then Hexx.  :-*
ben.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 08:18:30 am »

I applied under the name "Khurse" like 30 seconds ago and still haven't received anything showing the fleet bowing down before me.
I'm sure you're nervous, but it's OK. I'm willing to use small words.

Sorry the but height req is... :P :P

Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2010, 07:52:45 am »
<sigh>
Do we really have to resort to such low blows...
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2010, 04:44:59 pm »
<sigh>
Do we really have to resort to such low blows...

Letsee..."I applied under the name "Khurse" like 30 seconds ago and still haven't received anything showing the fleet bowing down before me.
I'm sure you're nervous, but it's OK. I'm willing to use small words."
Hmm...
Only responding in kind... ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBF-Nail

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2010, 10:16:00 am »
Kreug

I applied to the website for STO! Give me access!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2010, 12:54:40 pm »
Your access was approved before the time of this post.
Good to see you around again.  ;D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2010, 10:38:21 am »
Just applied, made lvl 6 last night, ready to create my Klingon account, unfortunately they don't have a tutu in the uniform choice, so a pair of pink leather chaps and swearted vest will have to do.
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Maverick

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2010, 03:52:28 pm »
Got my Klingon going... Will have to meet up with ya Kroma. Shame they've made it so hard to torment allies. I miss T-bombing people lol

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2010, 02:10:52 am »
Just got it up and running. Went to there forums and asked very nicely if the KBF could use a Suicidal Kitty ;D

hmmmm seem to use a lot of the left hand for maneuvering. Since my stroke my left hand is not that cooperative. Maybe that's why I'm suicidal  :D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Maverick

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2010, 12:25:13 pm »
Stroke? Jesus Soreyes I leave you alone for a few years and you start getting yourself into trouble?

All kidding aside, sorry to hear that mate. Hope you are doing ok now.

- Matt

Offline KBF Soth

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2010, 06:59:02 pm »
guess I better get my sh*te in a pile.
I grant you your soul,but not your life.
Be happy that I have found a measure of mercy.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2010, 09:34:26 pm »
Stroke? Jesus Soreyes I leave you alone for a few years and you start getting yourself into trouble?

All kidding aside, sorry to hear that mate. Hope you are doing ok now.

- Matt

Ah it wasn't that bad. I'm doing just peachy right now. All I am is a Lt1. having a hell of a time controling anything in this game. it seems that when I want to go right, I go left. When I try to fire my hand phaser it wont fire and the borg jump all over me LOL. 

Offline Kroma BaSyl

• Romulan Tart
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #66 on: February 04, 2010, 09:02:56 am »
Try using the mouse to steer by holding both buttons and pointing with arrow. Along with the auto-fire setting I have by left hand free for mischief.  :P :D
GCS Prima Ballerina
GCS PHAT Gorn
GCS Queen Kroma

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2010, 08:42:30 pm »
Try using the mouse to steer by holding both buttons and pointing with arrow. Along with the auto-fire setting I have by left hand free for mischief.  :P :D

:smackhead:  I forgot about the auto-fire.

Offline KAT J'inn

• CFO - Kzinti War Machine, Inc.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2010, 11:05:44 pm »
Arrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!   Game Stop won't accept my credit cards <insert your own jokes here>

)*&#$^#(*&^#*)&^#(*&#

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Okay, I gotta figure something out here.  Maybe just get the disc mailed to me by Amazon.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2010, 12:44:00 am »
Arrgggggghhhhhhhhh!!   Game Stop won't accept my credit cards <insert your own jokes here>

)*&#$^#(*&^#*)&^#(*&#

Grrrrrrrrrr.

Okay, I gotta figure something out here.  Maybe just get the disc mailed to me by Amazon.

It's because you're a bastard.

:coolsmiley:

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2010, 10:07:03 am »
Um, just go to the nearest retailer and pick up a copy.  I mean, from Best Buy to Wal Mart.
Maybe use cash...?
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2010, 10:12:37 am »
Um, just go to the nearest retailer and pick up a copy.  I mean, from Best Buy to Wal Mart.
Maybe use cash...?

Cash?  Cash? No, doesn't ring a bell.  hmmm Cash.  C-A-S-H.  Oh-yea, He was a singer right?
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2010, 10:42:58 am »
Maybe use cash...?

J'inn go shopping? Does he still know how?

Stephen

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2010, 08:19:13 am »
Ok, from the looks of things I MIGHT get the game and join you. BUT, here is my problem, after the 30 days are up. How would in my situation pay to continue to play? I have NO credit card and I will NOT use my debt card to pay for it. Will they come out w/ those prepaid cards like they did w/ Star Wars Online, City of Heros etc? Otherwise, yes I would like to fly again w/ my friends here.

Kreug, need the link to join. ;D

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2010, 09:38:34 am »
They don't, as far as I know, have any pre-paid cards or anything.
You can do like I do, I use a pre-paid CC for all online transactions (if someone steals the number, they can only get what's on the card ;) )

Our website is here:
http://klingonblackfleet.gamerdna.com
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2010, 10:28:23 am »
Check out Walmartmoneycard yep all one word.

Very easy to use with online games. Cheap fees also to put money on.

It's what I use since I refuse to use a bank.

Stephen

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #76 on: February 19, 2010, 11:39:20 am »
Low and behold, Fry's had the timecards and I did buy one. I am good to go until May 19th.

Online it will be Lyrkiller@Lyrkiller

Krueg, I did apply, and I am waiting. ;D

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2010, 10:13:33 am »
Waiting for what?
To get online?
To Kill Feds?
Because you're not waiting on the Fleet.  ;D
Welcome aboard, sir.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2010, 02:59:02 pm »
How in the world do I kill Feds when I am a Fed for now.
I need help here.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2010, 11:56:34 am »
Hey Bro, you have to level I believe to level 6 on your Fed toon, and then the klingons will unlock, and let you play them.  At worst it might be level ten before they unlock.

Stephen

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 05:26:10 pm »
Maybe use cash...?

J'inn go shopping? Does he still know how?

Stephen

I'm sure if J'inn forgot he could always use a refresher course with shopasaurus rex... ;)

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2010, 07:07:29 pm »
I so miss those stories, or those with his battles with the squirrels.

I was watching F-Troop the other day, and a guy said, "You show me a squirrel with nuts, and I'll show you a happy moose" Had to be there I suppose, and I immediatly thought of J'inn.

Stephen

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2010, 08:36:19 am »
Ok, right now I am on level 2. I am slowly getting there.

Correction on my character and screen name:

Kzinsha@Lyrkiller 

Right now I am in the Sirius Sector. Dont ask me why.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2010, 09:50:08 am »
Lvl 6 unlocks Klingons.
Sent ya a friend request, still hasn't been accepted.  ;)
Maybe I can help ya out with some better gear if I can catch ya online.
We're using the Dnet TS, join us sometime.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline PGC Graakna

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2010, 11:03:00 am »
Pan Galactic Corporation (PGC) is playing STO as Klingon until Romulans get added. Look us up and join the fray.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2010, 04:51:02 pm »
Graakna! Cool...I'll look for ya sometime. ;)
Ben told me he had run into you in a game.
Nice to see so many of the old names still around.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline deadmansix

• Lt.
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2010, 04:23:21 am »

would love to join ya all but at this point and time I just dont have the time but keep a ship ready with methane life suport and once I get this mess cleared up I will join ya all that is if you want a hydran dressed in leather around.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2010, 12:17:26 pm »
No Hydrans in  StarTrek Online.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2010, 12:45:53 pm »
Read closer Age. ::)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2010, 03:39:16 pm »
Deadman would be welcomed, we all know he has the heart of a Klingon... ;D
If ya like Fed, the game is great, tons of missions, options, ships, etc.
If ya like Klingons, it's a uphill battle all the way and the PvE and ship options are far less.
It gets a little repetative after a while. Not unlike nuttering during an SFC2 campaign, tho.
But the models are cool, the PvP is awesome and I never get tired of listening to the Feds complain about the "Uber" cloak.  8)
If they didn't do anything else, they finally got the cloak to work like it always should have.
There are skillsets and equipment that still allow you to detect them, but you have to be looking, it's not a passive system.
Few seem so willing to do that, going to other skills, resulting in suddenly finding themselves surrounded.
And the cloak has it's own limitations with power and combat, needing a little finise to be effective.
But I love it.  :D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2010, 06:43:17 am »
Anyone else getting bored with the game.  I haven't really had any desire to play STO for a while.  I've logged on and done a few missions with some other characters I've created, but it's getting so very boring, and I don't even touch my RA5 character anymore cause the special task force missions just don't seem to be working for me.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:28 am »
Anyone else getting bored with the game.  I haven't really had any desire to play STO for a while.  I've logged on and done a few missions with some other characters I've created, but it's getting so very boring, and I don't even touch my RA5 character anymore cause the special task force missions just don't seem to be working for me.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

Somedays...usually do my dailys and a few PvP and then work on my 2nd Klingon guy, now a Cmdr.
My prime is BG5 with all purple gear for space and ground.
My Fed is still a Lt. having no real desire to play him.
The STF missions work fine for me, the hard part is getting a Fleet team. PUGs are to unreliable (having been deserted by PUG members before)
It's better when you're with friends. ;)
Like I said, not unlike nuttering during a SFC2 campaign, and I did a lot of that over the years.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2010, 01:45:07 pm »
I don't like PvP much, cause it tends to be boring at times.  As for the task force missions, what I don't like mainly is the Infected mission.  Can't do it.  The Borg respawn way too much, and I rarely have 4 hours to spare to do the mission.  That's if I don't end up part of a team where 2 people get whiny the moment something doesn't go according to plan and they split or don't do anything, and that's within the first minute and a half of the mission starting.  I know the task force missions need coordination, but still, what some people do is just plain childish.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »
PvP boring? Hm, well, I find the PvE so silly easy most of the time it becomes boring for me, heh.
At least PvP can offer new challenges each time.
And I totally agree, the STF missions are the opposite end, insanely hard.
But, there is a beatable pattern to it all and a couple "walk thru" threads can be found on the STO forums.
Once you know what needs to be done in each area, a team effort can get thru it all in about 1 to 1-1/2 hrs.
We usually try for Fleet teams for the STF stuff while we're all on TS together, so the co-ordination and other issues are taken care of.
It is a shame Feds and Klingons can't co-op on those like they can in the deep space encounters vs the Borg.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2010, 09:18:16 pm »
I think the task force missions you can team up Feds and Klinks.  I've seen a couple Klink players team up for the Infected missions.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2010, 10:58:15 am »
I think the task force missions you can team up Feds and Klinks.  I've seen a couple Klink players team up for the Infected missions.

Then that's new, because we tried it before and it wouldn't let us.
The only place I've found where Feds and Klingons can be on the same team in in the Enemy Signal Contacts and the Deep Space encounters in Borg space.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2010, 11:14:20 pm »
press release

ATARI ANNOUNCES NEW CURRENT PLAYER REWARDS AND REFERRAL PROGRAMS FOR STAR TREK™ ONLINE

Star Trek Online Loyalty and Recognition Programs, Including Veteran Accounts, Referral Program, Winback and Free Demo, Set to Launch in May 2010

New York, NY (April 30, 2010) – Atari, one of the world’s most recognized videogame publishers, and acclaimed developer Cryptic Studios™, are pleased to announce a range of new reward programs for Star Trek Online, the massively multiplayer online game for the PC. These programs include: the Star Trek Online Veterans Rewards, Star Trek Online Referral program, Star Trek Online Winback Weekend and Star Trek Online Demo. The new offers begin May 7, 2010. All details are available at www.startrekonline.com.

The Star Trek Online Veteran Rewards program delivers exciting perks and rewards to our loyal Star Trek Online community. For every 100 days of playtime logged, players can collect rewards including new titles, ship and ship slots, boosts, costume pieces, character slots and more. Of course, Lifetime subscribers will also receive all Veteran rewards as they reach each 100-day milestone.

The Star Trek Online Referral program rewards users who successfully refer a friend to Star Trek Online. When a player successfully refers a friend, he or she will receive the title of Courier, a unique Tribble and non-stacking skill points for your Captain and Officers. When a referred friend subscribes to Star Trek Online, the referrer will receive an additional title of Recruiter, a unique holographic bridge officer and 400 Cryptic points! The more new people a player successfully refers, the more rewards that player will earn.

The Star Trek Online Winback Weekend gives former players a chance to revisit the Star Trek Online universe and enjoy exciting new content. Users with a valid Star Trek Online retail account, but no current subscription, can log-in with their existing characters and play free for the entire weekend. This initiative will kick off on May 7, 2010, at 10 a.m. PST and last until May 10, 2010, at 10 a.m. PST. Pre-load begins on May 3, 2010.

The Star Trek Online Demo program will allow new users to download and play a trial version of Star Trek Online for an unlimited amount of time (some restrictions apply). The demo includes the “Stranded in Space” mission, which pits the player against vicious Orion space pirates. The demo client is available for pre-load on May 3, 2010, and will go live starting on May 7, 2010.

“Star Trek Online gives fans and gamers an unprecedented Star Trek experience and we are confident that the new awards and referral programs will positively expand upon this unique experience,” said Jeff Lapin, CEO of Atari, SA.  “We are very pleased with the post-launch content additions and want to give new players a chance to experience the latest expansions and missions, while rewarding those players who helped us launch so successfully.”