Topic: Star Trek Online!  (Read 35618 times)

Offline Julin Eurthyr

• Veltrassi Ambassador at Large
  • Lt. Commander
  • Back in Exile due to Win 7 - ISC RM/Strat Com.
Re: Star Trek Online!
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2010, 05:26:10 pm »
Um, just go to the nearest retailer and pick up a copy.  I mean, from Best Buy to Wal Mart.
Maybe use cash...?

J'inn go shopping? Does he still know how?

Stephen

I'm sure if J'inn forgot he could always use a refresher course with shopasaurus rex... ;)

AKA: Koloth Kinshaya - Lord of the House Kinshaya in the Klingon Empire
S'Leth - Romulan Admiral
Some anonymous strongman in Prime Industries

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2010, 07:07:29 pm »
I so miss those stories, or those with his battles with the squirrels.

I was watching F-Troop the other day, and a guy said, "You show me a squirrel with nuts, and I'll show you a happy moose" Had to be there I suppose, and I immediatly thought of J'inn.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline IAF Lyrkiller

• Semi retired, but I am still around
  • D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt. Commander
  • JAG & Tech Support
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2010, 08:36:19 am »
Ok, right now I am on level 2. I am slowly getting there.

Correction on my character and screen name:

Kzinsha@Lyrkiller 

Right now I am in the Sirius Sector. Dont ask me why.

KAT-Lyrkiller
Semi-retired
Captain of the MSC Maus
MEMBER OF KLAW
SILENCE.....I keel you!!!

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2010, 09:50:08 am »
Lvl 6 unlocks Klingons.
Sent ya a friend request, still hasn't been accepted.  ;)
Maybe I can help ya out with some better gear if I can catch ya online.
We're using the Dnet TS, join us sometime.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline PGC Graakna

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2010, 11:03:00 am »
Pan Galactic Corporation (PGC) is playing STO as Klingon until Romulans get added. Look us up and join the fray.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2010, 04:51:02 pm »
Graakna! Cool...I'll look for ya sometime. ;)
Ben told me he had run into you in a game.
Nice to see so many of the old names still around.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline deadmansix

• Lt.
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2010, 04:23:21 am »

would love to join ya all but at this point and time I just dont have the time but keep a ship ready with methane life suport and once I get this mess cleared up I will join ya all that is if you want a hydran dressed in leather around.

Offline Age

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2010, 12:17:26 pm »
No Hydrans in  StarTrek Online.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2010, 12:45:53 pm »
Read closer Age. ::)
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2010, 03:39:16 pm »
Deadman would be welcomed, we all know he has the heart of a Klingon... ;D
If ya like Fed, the game is great, tons of missions, options, ships, etc.
If ya like Klingons, it's a uphill battle all the way and the PvE and ship options are far less.
It gets a little repetative after a while. Not unlike nuttering during an SFC2 campaign, tho.
But the models are cool, the PvP is awesome and I never get tired of listening to the Feds complain about the "Uber" cloak.  8)
If they didn't do anything else, they finally got the cloak to work like it always should have.
There are skillsets and equipment that still allow you to detect them, but you have to be looking, it's not a passive system.
Few seem so willing to do that, going to other skills, resulting in suddenly finding themselves surrounded.
And the cloak has it's own limitations with power and combat, needing a little finise to be effective.
But I love it.  :D
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Centurus

• Old Mad Man Making Ship Again....Kinda?
  • Captain
« Reply #90 on: April 24, 2010, 06:43:17 am »
Anyone else getting bored with the game.  I haven't really had any desire to play STO for a while.  I've logged on and done a few missions with some other characters I've created, but it's getting so very boring, and I don't even touch my RA5 character anymore cause the special task force missions just don't seem to be working for me.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #91 on: April 24, 2010, 11:28:28 am »
Anyone else getting bored with the game.  I haven't really had any desire to play STO for a while.  I've logged on and done a few missions with some other characters I've created, but it's getting so very boring, and I don't even touch my RA5 character anymore cause the special task force missions just don't seem to be working for me.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.

Somedays...usually do my dailys and a few PvP and then work on my 2nd Klingon guy, now a Cmdr.
My prime is BG5 with all purple gear for space and ground.
My Fed is still a Lt. having no real desire to play him.
The STF missions work fine for me, the hard part is getting a Fleet team. PUGs are to unreliable (having been deserted by PUG members before)
It's better when you're with friends. ;)
Like I said, not unlike nuttering during a SFC2 campaign, and I did a lot of that over the years.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: April 24, 2010, 01:45:07 pm »
I don't like PvP much, cause it tends to be boring at times.  As for the task force missions, what I don't like mainly is the Infected mission.  Can't do it.  The Borg respawn way too much, and I rarely have 4 hours to spare to do the mission.  That's if I don't end up part of a team where 2 people get whiny the moment something doesn't go according to plan and they split or don't do anything, and that's within the first minute and a half of the mission starting.  I know the task force missions need coordination, but still, what some people do is just plain childish.
The pen is truly mightier than the sword.  And considerably easier to write with.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2010, 06:24:27 pm »
PvP boring? Hm, well, I find the PvE so silly easy most of the time it becomes boring for me, heh.
At least PvP can offer new challenges each time.
And I totally agree, the STF missions are the opposite end, insanely hard.
But, there is a beatable pattern to it all and a couple "walk thru" threads can be found on the STO forums.
Once you know what needs to be done in each area, a team effort can get thru it all in about 1 to 1-1/2 hrs.
We usually try for Fleet teams for the STF stuff while we're all on TS together, so the co-ordination and other issues are taken care of.
It is a shame Feds and Klingons can't co-op on those like they can in the deep space encounters vs the Borg.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Centurus

• Captain
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2010, 09:18:16 pm »
I think the task force missions you can team up Feds and Klinks.  I've seen a couple Klink players team up for the Infected missions.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2010, 10:58:15 am »
I think the task force missions you can team up Feds and Klinks.  I've seen a couple Klink players team up for the Infected missions.

Then that's new, because we tried it before and it wouldn't let us.
The only place I've found where Feds and Klingons can be on the same team in in the Enemy Signal Contacts and the Deep Space encounters in Borg space.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2010, 11:14:20 pm »
press release

ATARI ANNOUNCES NEW CURRENT PLAYER REWARDS AND REFERRAL PROGRAMS FOR STAR TREK™ ONLINE

Star Trek Online Loyalty and Recognition Programs, Including Veteran Accounts, Referral Program, Winback and Free Demo, Set to Launch in May 2010

New York, NY (April 30, 2010) – Atari, one of the world’s most recognized videogame publishers, and acclaimed developer Cryptic Studios™, are pleased to announce a range of new reward programs for Star Trek Online, the massively multiplayer online game for the PC. These programs include: the Star Trek Online Veterans Rewards, Star Trek Online Referral program, Star Trek Online Winback Weekend and Star Trek Online Demo. The new offers begin May 7, 2010. All details are available at www.startrekonline.com.

The Star Trek Online Veteran Rewards program delivers exciting perks and rewards to our loyal Star Trek Online community. For every 100 days of playtime logged, players can collect rewards including new titles, ship and ship slots, boosts, costume pieces, character slots and more. Of course, Lifetime subscribers will also receive all Veteran rewards as they reach each 100-day milestone.

The Star Trek Online Referral program rewards users who successfully refer a friend to Star Trek Online. When a player successfully refers a friend, he or she will receive the title of Courier, a unique Tribble and non-stacking skill points for your Captain and Officers. When a referred friend subscribes to Star Trek Online, the referrer will receive an additional title of Recruiter, a unique holographic bridge officer and 400 Cryptic points! The more new people a player successfully refers, the more rewards that player will earn.

The Star Trek Online Winback Weekend gives former players a chance to revisit the Star Trek Online universe and enjoy exciting new content. Users with a valid Star Trek Online retail account, but no current subscription, can log-in with their existing characters and play free for the entire weekend. This initiative will kick off on May 7, 2010, at 10 a.m. PST and last until May 10, 2010, at 10 a.m. PST. Pre-load begins on May 3, 2010.

The Star Trek Online Demo program will allow new users to download and play a trial version of Star Trek Online for an unlimited amount of time (some restrictions apply). The demo includes the “Stranded in Space” mission, which pits the player against vicious Orion space pirates. The demo client is available for pre-load on May 3, 2010, and will go live starting on May 7, 2010.

“Star Trek Online gives fans and gamers an unprecedented Star Trek experience and we are confident that the new awards and referral programs will positively expand upon this unique experience,” said Jeff Lapin, CEO of Atari, SA.  “We are very pleased with the post-launch content additions and want to give new players a chance to experience the latest expansions and missions, while rewarding those players who helped us launch so successfully.”
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel