Topic: Another awesome night of blowing sh*t up.  (Read 14511 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Another awesome night of blowing sh*t up.
« on: November 05, 2009, 11:33:48 pm »
Er, was my 1st night back in a LONG while. A year mb? Shook off some rust. Was really good getting back in the captains chair. GG's guys. I especially liked that BA where we both lost a DN. I lost sight of the border edge. Was thinking it was gonna be played on a bigger map. Het'ed that DN, u guys like that? Kinda didnt have a choice, lol.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Another awesome night of blowing sh*t up.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 11:37:37 pm »
Left me with a tough choice, as I was heading the other way to link up with you on the border.

Should I:

1) HET to follow (in an NCL, with Roms around)
2) circle around and hit somebody hard after they raped you

I opted for 2, and crippled Kroma's DN when they all emptied. Good thing Dax was behind so between us both we could finish him off (Kroma loves that).

That was a very fun game.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762
Director of Strategy and Tactics -Xenocorp
Quality Assurance Lead - SFC Community Edition (Beta)
--------------------------------

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 08:03:54 am »
First night I think I ever flew a stock D5K.  Was an interesting night of "Gathering Data."

EDIT:  t00l - what would it cost to repair the crippled C7, D5W, and D5KR?  Normal non-field repair.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 10:29:52 am by FPF-DieHard »
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:04:52 am »
After we blew up the 3x Fed defenders, my C7 was missing half racks, phasers and a dizzie and was down to 29 power. I still had 7 spares.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 12:56:44 pm »
After we blew up the 3x Fed defenders, my C7 was missing half racks, phasers and a dizzie and was down to 29 power. I still had 7 spares.

My definition of crippled is you'd repair it before putting back on the line, I think all three of us qualified for that..

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 02:28:09 pm »
yaya, I'd surely reapair it before going out again...

But even taking 3x ships off the front to repair is worth the 3x we killed eh?

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 02:46:50 pm »
yaya, I'd surely reapair it before going out again...

But even taking 3x ships off the front to repair is worth the 3x we killed eh?

Kinda sorta, I've been accused of being more of an accountant than a warrior recently . . .

All wars are economic and we killed 21 EP worth or ships in that battle (BCG=10, NCA=6, NCLR=5).  Want to know what the repair cost would be to see what the net loss would be in an actual war.

For tonight's session of "blowin sh*t up," I want to see what can bust the various legal Alliance Carrier Groups.

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 02:55:35 pm »
EDIT:  t00l - what would it cost to repair the crippled C7, D5W, and D5KR?  Normal non-field repair.

2.5 EP for the C7, 2 for the D5W, 1.5 for the D5.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 03:28:41 pm »
I'm gonna totally have to modify my combat behavior. I remember I had this one mission with corbo on a GW or SG server I flew Lyran BCP and he was ISC CCY and I got all my shields stripped off and took no damage but forced him to use 5 tbombs and did some 10 internals. I promptly left the mission, and re engaged him in a different hex feeling my odds were better with him having only 3 tbombs left.

I think that's how you have to look at these battles, instead of stand alone missions... you are on a LONG patrol without the chance for resupply and repair. This is gonna be damned cool.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 03:34:23 pm »
This is gonna be damned cool.

I think so, a Homeworld assault may take days to resolve but I don't care.  t00l's latest "attack in waves" proposal could have so many battles it'd not be funny.   If for nothing else it'd give us something to do with all the left-over small ships.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 04:48:36 pm »
I like the wave idea... It allows you to use all your assets and sets up possibilities where smaller ships may be used as speartips and be sacrificed in order to take out a specific ship or force an enemy to use supplies.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 04:53:24 pm »
I'm gonna totally have to modify my combat behavior. I remember I had this one mission with corbo on a GW or SG server I flew Lyran BCP and he was ISC CCY and I got all my shields stripped off and took no damage but forced him to use 5 tbombs and did some 10 internals. I promptly left the mission, and re engaged him in a different hex feeling my odds were better with him having only 3 tbombs left.

Actually you took about 15 internals. I hit you with the PPD first, then the Enveloping torps.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 05:00:48 pm »
This is gonna be damned cool.

I think so, a Homeworld assault may take days to resolve but I don't care.  t00l's latest "attack in waves" proposal could have so many battles it'd not be funny.   If for nothing else it'd give us something to do with all the left-over small ships.

It might not be too bad. If we can get enough people we can fly 2-3 missions at once.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 06:30:59 pm »

Actually you took about 15 internals. I hit you with the PPD first, then the Enveloping torps.

I dont remember taking ANY damage. I hit you with a small phaser blast when u tried to tbomb me and my esg and you exposed the wrong shield... Remember, that was the day you quit the server for like a week cuz I was 'pulling a fast one' with my re-engagement now that u were down 5 tbombs. I thought it was a valid tactic... and no, I didnt drop general shuttles on tool last night.

But my point in that, Corbo, is this is the perfect example of how carry over damage/supplies will affect future engagements. THIS is what makes this new setup so attractive to me... EVERY action will count no matter how little.

Offline Corbomite

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 07:09:27 pm »
I dont remember taking ANY damage.

You remember wrong!  :P

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 07:47:02 pm »
I dont remember taking ANY damage.

You remember wrong!  :P

I just remember what a brilliant move I thought I was making at the time... drafting u 2x and getting u unsupplied, and how cheesy it really was, but how THAT exact kind of tactic may prove worthwhile in this new direction for an SFC/F&E blend we are attempting. This new approach has so much depth. Whether you scored 15 internals, blah. :P U were smoking that night...

Ok, I FIXED my microphone. Login to TS u asswipes and lets blow sh*t up. 3 of us on already.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 12:16:10 am »
Never been blown up so many times in one night. Lost my ass so many times, wow. Was fun. gg's.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 12:18:32 am »
The Fed Romulan one was the best (CB, NCA, NCLR versus NHK, SPA+, SPF+).  Both times.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 12:23:29 am »
know what was funny... in that battle and the last one where we flew as Lyrs, I thought we'd lose both matches and we won instead. heh

Offline 762_XC

• t00l
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 01:02:24 am »
Those 10 admin shuttles on mech links helped.
Fleet Vice Admiral 762