Topic: Getting back in the saddle  (Read 2731 times)

Offline LockOn

• Lt. Junior Grade
Getting back in the saddle
« on: November 25, 2009, 01:37:50 pm »
I have been out of the SFC OP loop for awhile now and want to get back into it. What downloads do I need to do to get up and running? I have a new system and it's Vista 64 bit system, will I be running into any issues with OP and Dyna 2?

So let me know whats going on out there and who is running what so I can get signed up. ;)

LockOn Out! <S>

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Re: Getting back in the saddle
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2009, 02:33:58 pm »
I have been out of the SFC OP loop for awhile now and want to get back into it. What downloads do I need to do to get up and running? I have a new system and it's Vista 64 bit system, will I be running into any issues with OP and Dyna 2?

So let me know whats going on out there and who is running what so I can get signed up. ;)

LockOn Out! <S>

OP works fine but Dyna is f*cked in Vista/Windows 7.   You can't really move along the map.
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Pestalence_XC

• "The Terminator"
  • Commander
  • "The Terminator" Pestalence_XC, Xenocorp
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 08:27:32 pm »
To play on the D2, you are going to have to have Windows XP as a Dualo Boot option on your system.. that way when you start your system, you can choose to start up in Windows XP (not Vista based XP Mode or VM).. but a full blown copy of Window's XP Sp3 as a second boot option.

You can play OP single player, TCP/IP, or on GSA using Vista OS.. but D2 ihas a 2 min lag time every time the map updates as such, breaks playability on the D2 for Vista based users...

By Dual booting your system, you will effectively have 2 HDDs or 1 HDD partitioned in 2 and have XP installed to the 2nd partition.. at boot you can choose OS.. as such, you can choose to boot to XP and install OP in XP and you will be able to play on D2 just fine.. just make sure that you can get XP drivers before doing a Dual Boot on your system and also follow my guide for setting up a  Dual Booting machine on Vista / Windows 7 in the Engineering forum located at

http://www.dynaverse.net/forum/index.php/topic,163380252.0.html

Hope this helps.
"You still don't get it, do you?......That's what he does. That's all he does! You can't stop him! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead!"

Member :
Xenocorp / Dynaverse.net Moderator & Beta Test Team
SFC 4 Project QA Coordinator
Taldren Beta Test Team
14 Degrees East Beta Test Team
Activision Visioneers SFC 3 Beta Test Team

Offline LockOn

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 10:26:11 pm »
Dam it VISTA!!! LOL Thanks for the info guys. ;) I have another laptop that has XP on it I can play from. So I will have to use it to play on the Dyna 2 for now.