Topic: =/\= pre-ordering star trek online? curious about pre-order bonus?  (Read 3055 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
if you are thinking of pre-ordering star trek online, there are a few things to consider. most people know that pre-ordering games = free bonus stuff. the complication is that there are several retailers giving out bonuses for pre-ordering this game. the bad news about that is every place offers a different bonus item. not only that but if you get the collectors edition, you get even more free stuff. confusing i know. how are people supposed to know where to pre-order from?

here is a list of retailers and their bonuses offered:
(taken from http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/07/no-win-scenario-star-trek-online-pre-order-bonuses/)

*  GameStop: Exclusive ship: The classic USS Enterprise   ed. (with blue phasers)

* Best Buy: Pet Tribble or Targ (based on faction)

* Amazon: "Liberated Borg" Bridge Officer with "unique nanotechnology augmentations"

* Wal-mart: Bonus Skill Points (bestows additional skill points)

* Target: TR-116 ground weapon (micro-transporter beams projectiles to target, no line of sight required)

* Steam: Chromodynamic Armor, improves critical hits and damage of energy weapons

* Direct2Drive: Multi-Spatial Personal Shield (regenerates itself and player health)
                        not only is direct2drive offering the standard star trek online but is offering a "ditigal deluxe addition" with even more stuff!

#Open Beta Access    This is only available when you preorder. Open Beta starts on January 12th 2010

#Early Start Program    This is only available when you preorder.

#Personal Shield    Multi-Spatial Personal Shield. This advanced personal shield system is based on Borg            technology, which constantly regenerates itself and the health of its wearer. Exlusively on Direct2Drive!

#Original Star Trek Uniform Set    Three uniforms from the original series (blue, red, yellow).

#Exclusive "KHAAAN!" Emote    An unforgettable moment from the second Star Trek Film. This exclusive emote allows players to relive Kirk’s unforgettable moment of fury, with the timeless cry… “KHAAAN!”

#Exclusive Klingon Blood Wine Toast Emote    Raise a glass like a Klingon! Greet other players with an exclusive Klingon gesture –the blood wine toast.

#Unique Registry Prefix    Give your ship the coveted NX prefix, seen only on a handful of elite Starfleet vessels like the Defiant, 22nd century Enterprise, and Prometheus.

#Unique Ship Item    Automated Defense Battery. This Tactical Module grants any ship a passive 360 arc attack power with a short range.

#Joined Trill Race    The ability to play as a “Joined Trill” – a symbiote that grants you several lifetimes of experience

i still haven't decided whether i am going to pre-order this game or not. but this list definitely gives us something to think about.

BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: =/\= pre-ordering star trek online? curious about pre-order bonus?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 01:24:26 am »
Interesting, I had already ordered from Game stop, but since I'm a multiboxing whore, I might grab another one from D2D.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 10:33:58 am »
yeah i am going to go thru d2d as the bonus from them sounds the best.

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 02:13:47 pm »
The beta is what really sticks out, although who knows, I should get the beta anyways do to Champions online.

The rest is up in the air. How much use will a personal shield be ? etc. etc. Without knowing the full mechanics, it's hard to number crunch at this time.

Still, I'm leaning to grabbing a second one all the same.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline stoneyface

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 05:02:59 pm »
apparently the shield is only available thru this bonus and will not be available any other way. that may change of course.