Topic: Another Cool Little Input Device...  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Another Cool Little Input Device...
« on: February 12, 2010, 11:25:31 am »
Reminds me of my old old old Nintendo Powerglove...

http://www.theperegrine.com/product/

How does The PEREGRINE work? What does it do?

The PEREGRINE allows you to trigger commands in your favorite games just by touching your fingers with your thumb. It’s that simple. Quick, easy, deadly. The glove has 3 Activator Pads – one on the thumb tip, another on the middle of the thumb, and one on the palm. Whenever these Activator Pads make contact with a Touch Point on a finger, a “keystroke” is instantly sent to the game. Each finger has 5 TouchPoints. And that’s it. Touch for the Win!

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline knightstorm

• His Imperial Highness, Norton II, Emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Another Cool Little Input Device...
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 11:56:41 am »
I like how they made the glove washable.  Its like they predicted all of the things you could be doing while playing.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 12:23:04 pm »
Everything but picking my nose.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »
cool but that wouldn't work for me. i can put gloves on anymore with the f'ed up fingers
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 08:01:12 am »
See I wasn't sure if it would or wpuldn't work for ya Stoney.  The few picks I've seen, and what little I know, makes it difficult to asses if something like this would work or not.

Stephen

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 10:30:13 am »
hey, don't get me wrong, at least you are thinking of me. have you checked out http://www.ablegamers.com/

they are a great place to meet other disabled gamers and get a ton of info on alternate input methods. i did a review of the ergodex there as a user. great site. where are you in STO btw? haven't seen you in a few days
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 10:44:43 am »
Oh man,  yeah, I haven't been playing much of anything lately.

Still have the grandmother in the hospital. Received a notice that SS had overpaid, and there keeping the next two months of my retirement out, so there went $1600.00 But the biggest reason, is my right mouse button has stopped working all together.

I've torn my home apart trying to find any of my old mice, trackballs anything. But so far, no go. I'll see If I can't borrow one from my sis in law this weekend though. Heh, to top it all off, I spent the first two weeks of the month without Internet. Frustrating as hell, as every time I called Hughes.net, I would get someone with an accent so thick, and then they wouldn't listen to me. I had already tested my modem, and there was no signal coming out of the Transmit part, it was dead. but took them two weeks to get me another one, and even then, I got an upgrade, cheaper internet, but the same plan, etc.

I guess If I just gripe enough.

Anyways, I'll check out that site you mentioned. I think it's wonderful that they have something like that for disabled gamers.

I'll holler at ya later bro.

Stephen