Topic: Campaigns for non-stock races  (Read 2296 times)

Offline Gulli

• Lt. Junior Grade
Campaigns for non-stock races
« on: March 26, 2010, 11:45:29 pm »
Hi all, I've added the Dominion, Cardassians and Ferengi races to the game and made a 7 race map. It all works great when playing as any of the four stock races. So I tried to make campaigns for the other races, and made sure starting ships were defined for them. When I tried it out the game didn't crash to my surprise: the map loaded and I was in the starting ship of my race, could see all my race's bases and planets and resupply at them, so I was definitely a member of the right race, but I started out in a random position (it was different every time I tried), not a planet of my race and I couldn't purchase any ships at my shipyards, even though when I play as a stock race the AI's of the custom races will produce ships.

So my question is: is there a way to make my ship start out on a planet belonging to my race and have the shipyard display ships I can buy or is it fundamentally impossible to have a campaign for a non-stock race without swapping races?

Offline Gulli

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Campaigns for non-stock races
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 08:46:44 am »
No replies? I'm assuming it's impossible then, even though I've gotten so close to making it work (in SFC3).

Offline Roychipoqua_Mace

• Lt.
Re: Campaigns for non-stock races
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 11:32:08 am »
I'm not sure how to do it either, but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. You posted in the right forum, but you might have more luck posting the same thing in both the General Starfleet Command and Dynaverse 3 Experiences forums . . . they are both more active.