Topic: SFC:OP Ftrlist "Carrier Size" and "Size" Parameters  (Read 3557 times)

Offline feld

• Lt. Junior Grade
SFC:OP Ftrlist "Carrier Size" and "Size" Parameters
« on: May 20, 2010, 01:54:00 pm »
I've looked back over old posts using the search function but I want to confirm some things about fighters:

1.  The "Carrier Size" and "Size" parameters in the ftr list (presumably to set the minimum size of carrier that a fighter can fly from and the number of shuttle boxes it takes up) don't work, right?
2.  Given #1 above, Is there any way to restrict the carrier classes that a given fighter can fly from?

v/r
feld

Offline Tulwar

• Lt. Commander
Re: SFC:OP Ftrlist "Carrier Size" and "Size" Parameters
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 02:19:51 am »
It appears to be an artifact of a feature that was never finished.
Cannon (can' nun) n.  An istrument used to rectify national boundries.  Ambrois Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary

Offline feld

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 09:52:53 am »
Great, got it, and thanks!

v/r
feld

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 09:56:34 pm »
I've looked back over old posts using the search function but I want to confirm some things about fighters:

1.  The "Carrier Size" and "Size" parameters in the ftr list (presumably to set the minimum size of carrier that a fighter can fly from and the number of shuttle boxes it takes up) don't work, right?
2.  Given #1 above, Is there any way to restrict the carrier classes that a given fighter can fly from?

v/r
feld
Oh damn if that was fixed the concept would rule in its own! The # of fighters use to its own carrier would just kickem some arse i think. Each carrier could have diffrent classes.
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 10:01:57 pm »
if SFC were to act like SFB when it come to fighters it would be awesome - but then again, is SFC acted like SFB in MOST things it would be awesome.... c'est la vie.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline feld

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 07:39:19 am »
Yeah...I'm learning that.  Too bad.  I'm still having fun in my modded single player campaign though...kinda the operational side of a Federation and Empire game (if you like that sort of thing).

v/r
feld