Topic: Odd SFC2:EAW D2 behavior  (Read 1917 times)

Offline RavenSPO

• Ensign
Odd SFC2:EAW D2 behavior
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:15:09 pm »
I still run one of 2 EAW servers (that I know of).  Recently, I am unable to see my sever in the D2 list.  I still see Strayy's server, but not mine.  I have a second PC on my LAN, that has a separate IP, that is able to see my server and join.  I can't see any different and I'm not sure why 1 stopped working.  It has been able to see and join the server in the past. 

Any thoughts?  Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Thank you for any input.

ravenspo

Offline RavenSPO

• Ensign
Re: Odd SFC2:EAW D2 behavior
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 07:52:34 pm »
Okay, so back to the basics on troubleshooting.  I knew the server was working.  I knew that other people could see it.  I know that both of my LAN PC's are able to log into D2 and connect to Strayy's server.  So what is wrong with the 1 not seeing my server?

It had been a week since I had played.  What has changed in that last week?  Well, new Microsoft Hotfix for daylight savings time.  I don't think that would have anything to do with it, but I uninstalled to try.  No change.

The other thing that had changed is new software I installed testing a work VPN called:  NetConnect.  I uninstalled that software and I am now able to see my server again, connect and play.  I'll have to do more research why that software was breaking my ability to see a D2 server (that happens to run from the same LAN).

Problem resolved - but more info needed.