Topic: =/\= well yet again, nasa dissappoints me...  (Read 1321 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= well yet again, nasa dissappoints me...
« on: June 14, 2010, 06:53:43 pm »
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/science/space/article7149543.ece

sigh, nasa kills manned moon mission... again...

the reason had BETTER BE that they need to fund the mars mission or i will be really pissed.
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Re: =/\= well yet again, nasa dissappoints me...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:54:45 pm »
The reason is that the Administration killed it a while ago, but NASA kept the people on the payroll because members of congress were like, "Wait a second... WE control the purse strings, not you."  The Administration finally called NASA the other day and said you can't continue to work on this, or you can, but your people aren't getting paid for it.

So really, its not killed again, its: "What part of CANCELLED, don't you understand?"  Extremely short-sighted? Yes.  But perhaps with this upcoming solar storm, it might be best to keep our heads low for the next few years.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)