Topic: =/\= Bucky balls in spa-space-ce-ce-ce....  (Read 1958 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= Bucky balls in spa-space-ce-ce-ce....
« on: July 23, 2010, 09:09:56 am »
NASA has found the rare 60 carbon 3d molecule in space! in a nebula of all things. they found it with the spitzer telescope. named after buckminster fuller's now famous geodesic domes and discovered 25 years ago, the buckyballs are the largest molecule found in space.

really interesting discovery to be sure. article here: http://www.nasa.gov/home/hqnews/2010/jul/HQ_10-174_Buckyballs.html

BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: =/\= Bucky balls in spa-space-ce-ce-ce....
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:06:55 am »
Fuller was among the last of the giants, Tesla, Einstein, etc.

I remember reading about him the first time decades ago in Discover magazine.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
Re: =/\= Bucky balls in spa-space-ce-ce-ce....
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 08:21:51 am »
after high school i had a great group of friends that all gamed together and hung out together most of the time and caused general mayhem. i eventually met my ex-wife through that group. i met her in college algebra and got to know her through the group, she also lived upstairs from the "communal gaming apt". anyway, one of the roommates in the "communal gaming apt" (there were 6 or 7 at one time lol) was named matt. matt was one of the oldest members of our cadre and a truly strange fellow as my ex can attest. now mat was born in california and his parents lived in the haite ashbury district... so you can guess the kind of weird upbringing he had! anyway, matt and his parents at one time lived in the first geodesic dome house that fuller ever built! a way cool story. fuller was a genius who thought in 3 dimensions unlike most 2-d people
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-