Topic: =/\= 65th anniversary of the hiroshima bombing  (Read 1684 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= 65th anniversary of the hiroshima bombing
« on: August 06, 2010, 03:20:11 pm »
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,710498,00.html

i still agree that it was the right thing to do. it saved countless lives on both sides. if we had had to invade japan the conservative estimate of american casualties was half a million. that is just the american side. taking that all into account it does not change the fact that history had a major turning point with the dropping of the bomb on hiroshima and nagasaki. the effects are still being felt and there are still survivors alive today. this is an interesting article about the event that changed the world forever
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: =/\= 65th anniversary of the hiroshima bombing
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:24:32 pm »
I remember a story I got to read about the bombings of Japan.  There was a buisnessman who had to go to Haroshima, it timed out his meeting was there when we dropped the bomb.  He survived minor injuries.  So he went back home when he could, to Nagasaki.  You guessed it just in time to be there for the second bomb dropping.  He had survived the only two nukes used in war.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
Re: =/\= 65th anniversary of the hiroshima bombing
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 10:32:25 am »
While I wish it wouldn't have been nessecary to drop them I think it was in the end a good thing. This is because until the true human cost of useing these weapons was known no leader would truely be given pause about their use. Also these weapons where relativly small when you think about the power of nukes we have today. Better the small ones got used and not 1 of the 25 megaton monsters that came later.