Topic: =/\= how star trek shaped today's ipad 23 years ago  (Read 1514 times)

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
=/\= how star trek shaped today's ipad 23 years ago
« on: August 10, 2010, 02:28:16 pm »
great article here comparing star trek technology and the new ipad. it is a bright shiny new world folks! YAY!

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/08/how-star-trek-artists-imagined-the-ipad-23-years-ago.ars/
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline marstone

• Because I can
  • Commander
  • G.E.C.K. - The best kit to have
    • Ramblings on the Q3, blog
Re: =/\= how star trek shaped today's ipad 23 years ago
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 03:22:11 pm »
You also know that some Star Trek freak designed the first flip phone so it was like a communicator.
The smell of printer ink in the morning,
Tis the smell of programming.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 04:49:34 pm »
great article here comparing star trek technology and the new ipad. it is a bright shiny new world folks! YAY!

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/08/how-star-trek-artists-imagined-the-ipad-23-years-ago.ars/

There is a tv show on the history channel named something like that How star trek shaped today's tech;)
Time for life!

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 04:36:04 pm »
my buddy starkiller and i got the motorola startac phone at the same time because it had the classic TOS communicator chip as a ringtone and it was a flip phone. we then moded them by gluing mini communicator metal badges on them or making trek style cases for them. yes we were geeks. we wore them to work since we worked together, we got to show off our geekiness together!!! lol
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-