Topic: What madness has this year driven you to do?  (Read 6822 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Re: What madness has this year driven you to do?
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2023, 01:49:01 pm »
Traveller is notorious for the ease of death.

I understand that they have a robots book that allows you to do a lot of deadly stuff by remote, lose assets not characters.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Panzergranate

• Commander
  • Aw!! Da big nasty Klingon L7 killed da kitty kat!!
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2023, 06:09:24 pm »
We the big Christmas SDMS club game is on Sunday 10th December and it's a wild west all against all shoot out. I don't know what rules it'll be played under, but I usually survive 3/4's of the way through these sort of games.

I've had my son staying for a few weeks and we played Panzergranate WW2 in 20mm. with a friend at the local wargaming café venue, on a couple of Sunday afternoons.

Panzergranate WW2 makes Rapid Fire look crap & slow, plus is more technically accurate regarding anti-tank weapons.

I also played a big SDMS club Black Powder Napoleonic French versus the Austrians, in November, with the visiting guest Worthing Wargames Club. I was on the heavily outnumbered Austrian side.
The Klingons have many ways to fry a cat. I prefer to use an L7 Fast Battlecruiser!!

Offline Lono

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2023, 03:15:44 pm »
Awesome! Glad you are both getting some game on again in the real world!

I think my buying frenzy is finally at an end and, with my health somewhat improved, I should finally be able to get to some game meets again.

(Now just need to win the lottery so I can have the time to properly dive into my extensive book\board game\video game collections.)

Thankfully I will soon be able to use the majority of my "shelf of shame" as a lending library for gifted kids through the non-profit I run on the side.