Topic: Star Trek Legacy: JJAbramsverse Romulan BOP and Klingon D-7  (Read 14671 times)

Offline Klingon Fanatic

• Lt. Commander
Star Trek Legacy: JJAbramsverse Romulan BOP and Klingon D-7
« on: October 12, 2010, 05:17:53 pm »
Check this out! Non-Federation ships added to ST: Legacy LOL.

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/105/files2/117032_1.jpg

Still, I'm not a big fan of the Abrams universe...

Klingons did not have Romulan Birds of Prey...
HoD Radjekk Vor Thruum
IKV Kraag Dorr
SuvwI' Qeh KCC
Commander, Task Force Kraag Dorr's Teeth First Strike Squadron

Offline Anthony Scott

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Off chasing a lunatic 8 year old :D:P
Re: Star Trek Legacy: JJAbramsverse Romulan BOP and Klingon D-7
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 06:52:09 pm »
But those ships ARE Fed...only they are Abrams Feds...and if memory serves those klingons look like the klingon ships from the deleted scenes and also from the MadMan's shipyard.

"No enemy can ever completely defeat you. A physical enemy can take your land, your gold, your property. But in order to be defeated uttelry only you can allow that. The human heart can only be crushed from within, not without."- The Dalai Lama

My art blog:
http://anthdigiart.blogspot.com/
My Deviant Art page:
http://anthsco.deviantart.com/
Resident forum history junkie.

"An intelligent man must sometimes get drunk to spend time with fools."
                      -Ernest Hemingway

Offline FoaS_XC

• Photorps, Sammiches, woot woot.
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 07:11:54 pm »
He was referring to the klingon ship - i'm guessing he just grabbed a screenshot of that one bit.
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 08:25:13 pm »
Is that a Romulan, Klingon, or Fed ship bottom right?

Normal universe, I'd say Romulan or a captured Romulan DD trying Fed tech, but the Abrahmiverse version.. for all I know, it could be the new Aurora space hippy cruiser..
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
  • Life is as is worth only what you learn from it!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 10:01:11 pm »
The Klink looks something like Jeff Wallace designed.
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 10:09:39 pm »
Does a bit, yeah?
Robinomicon
"When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life."

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 12:10:51 pm »
Is that a Romulan, Klingon, or Fed ship bottom right?

It is suppose to be a JJ Romulan Bird of Prey. Its just a guess as they haven't made a "cannon"(word used very lossly while wearing flame retardent gloves) version of the ship yet.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 09:19:48 pm »
47 klingon ships were lost the to that post Tng Romulan mineing ship . The only mention of jj romulans were by Nero saying he is not part of the empire.  So im sure its Klingon  i hope :crazy2:
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 10:57:37 pm »
Oh like a guy couldn't have just made one in what he thought would be JJ abram-style?
Robinomicon

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2010, 12:41:46 am »
This is the list of models

Models by Baz1701 originally seen in BC included as part of the XI Addon Pack:
XI Connie
XI Constellation
XI Armstrong-A
XI Kelvin-A
XI Miranda
XI Kelvin
XI D7
JJ Romulan BOP
XI Narada
XI Starbase
XI Shuttlecraft

The above models are very close to their BC releases.

Additional ships Kitbashed from Baz1701's models done by Muldrf:
XI Hermes
XI Saladin
XI Mayflower-A
XI Newton-A

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2010, 02:32:38 pm »
I thought I recognised Baz's work.  ;)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2010, 10:22:00 pm »
Oh like a guy couldn't have just made one in what he thought would be JJ abram-style?
Some do try,  most dont like the results. Break from Orignal "canon" loose fame. 
Time for life!

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 05:41:07 pm »
Really I don't understand the hate for the JJ designs. They're a new take on Trek, just like every TNG+ ship is done in the same organic style. Personally I think it's an improvement. Since we're never going to get back to the TMP era of ship designs in new media, might as well I say.

Got any more views on the JJ Romulan?

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 12:36:25 pm »
These are from the BC listing

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2010, 10:09:22 pm »
Way too Tos theme in my eyes this is a typical Tos or pre at best Tmp Rom bop - + a few details,JJ style rom should be TNG / starwars pointy style off the start in my eyes. After all 1 mineing ship changed history it in its self could take on the federation fleet and win.  ;)
Time for life!

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 12:08:21 am »
Why? Nerada was from the future but the Romulans in this time never got their hand on it. How could it posibly effect Romulan ship design here?

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 08:39:53 am »
No matter Narada is from future and the "present" romulans never put their hands on her.
War is like a race... Everybody try to do improvements, create new weapons. The objective is the supremacy. Appart of this, the "present" romulans for sure knows the reason (or supposed reason) cause the Narada crew hates the Federation. So, I believe it can increase the bad feelings between the governements. Sounds factible a rom ship different from the original. Of course, without the Narada weapons, and not so powerfull as the "new" Enterprise, but stronger than the original, for sure. ;)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 01:15:08 pm »
True but that still doesn't explain why Kreeargh thinks the BoP should use Naradas design esthetics.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 08:03:37 pm »
True but that still doesn't explain why Kreeargh thinks the BoP should use Naradas design esthetics.
[/quote

I didnt say the BoP should use Naradas design esthetics. I said the design shown looks too ME Tos theme in my eyes.  If the future was changed by 25 years i would think expect the Romulans would be more Radical or Peacefull  R for R fits better and Tng pointy radical rom is more fiting i think. I swear some take this crap as a religon  {i had a Email bashing me for the comment}  :crazy2: Im a semi fan of jj works the cgi some acting and "parts of the plot are wonderfull".  :-X for the rest.
Time for life!

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 12:25:03 pm »
I think those that make "JJ" type ships are quite Ballsy... You make a sleek looking TOS ship of any race give it the "JJ" Tag and then you always seem to get grief. I think Baz did a good Job with his Rommy, granted their is room for improvement and I'm sure if he builds another it will be much better. My Doomsday Destroyer was tagged "JJ" by me early on and  :o i felt that reaction  :)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 02:57:31 pm »
I swear some take this crap as a religon  {i had a Email bashing me for the comment} 

Thats BS its not like you were even bashing. Sorry some people just have no common since. I see your point now but I son't think I agree but thats ok  ;)

Offline GotAFarmYet?

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 05:53:37 pm »
I think those that make "JJ" type ships are quite Ballsy... You make a sleek looking TOS ship of any race give it the "JJ" Tag and then you always seem to get grief. I think Baz did a good Job with his Rommy, granted their is room for improvement and I'm sure if he builds another it will be much better. My Doomsday Destroyer was tagged "JJ" by me early on and  :o i felt that reaction  :)

I actually liked that ship but I don't think it had that JJ fell to it
People always said they wanted the government to listen to them and now the government is listening, taking notes and names...and coming to see you soon!

America-Not the land of the free anymore...
 Its the land of the freeloaders

Remember the axiom of big government bureaucrats: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. When, finally, under the crushing weight of taxes and regulation, it stops moving, subsidize it.

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 07:00:29 pm »
I swear some take this crap as a religon  {i had a Email bashing me for the comment} 

Thats BS its not like you were even bashing. Sorry some people just have no common since. I see your point now but I son't think I agree but thats ok  ;)
The way i see it screw the JJ haters some hated ds9 same with voyager and enterprise those that hate just need to chill and deal with the fiction given to them OR MAKE YOUR OWN!
Time for life!

Offline starship

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • Brasil Starships
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 06:48:09 am »
I´m with you Kreeargh. :)
Sometimes the peoples forget this isn´t real. It´s only fiction, and can´t be argued as it was a real thing (or a religion). ;)

Offline Starfox1701

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 12:34:20 pm »
If there is one thing for sure that moding has tught me is that my vission of any scifi will not match up with anyone elses. :)

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 10:36:32 pm »
If there is one thing for sure that moding has tught me is that my vission of any scifi will not match up with anyone elses. :)
BINGO this is the TRUTH and what scifi is all about. Little bits of science and butt loads of fiction. Nothing will match up with anyone elses 100% and why try?  The masses must enjoy/comment {bitch and complain} but not shut off/destroy the others that have created stuff for free or with $ for the general public. Some see things one way others see it another i know this is a Trek area but think like Yoda do'not try either do or do not! there is no try. Just enjoy what has been shown or given. Or yet agian "Make it your self public" Free tools are there. I use them every day!! 
Time for life!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 02:50:49 am »
Star Trek = salad bar. Take what you want, leave the rest.
Robinomicon

Offline Chrystoff

• Lt.
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2010, 04:26:38 pm »
"Big Trouble In Little China?" Egg Shen, I believe was the character who said something like that.  :D

Offline Kreeargh

• Retired.
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2010, 09:37:51 pm »
YES it is fiction! Parts of the salad bar is just worthless but good "looking" green water. :P If you wish to pay for it so be it some dont think its worth the high cost for the nothingness.  The name says it all! STAR TREK = space venture name could work and i bet my last nickel that is one of the top 20 choices for the name of the show back in the day.
This is the Change era is it not ? Many dont like it but its all up to the masses . Enjoy it,hate it ,or change it YOURself is the options these days.  Year or 5 from now many may not have choice to be able to
change it so get to work those that can.
Time for life!

Offline atheorhaven

• Lt. Commander
    • Mare Imbrium Shipyards
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 01:18:38 pm »

See, now I wouldn't call this ship Abhramiverse, I'd look at it more being Phase II.

It's a nice design, looks like a fast cruiser mixed with a larger secondary hull.. so maybe a GSC?
..ooOOoo..totally useless information..ooOOoo..

Mare Imbrium Shipyards - http://mareimbrium.webhop.net

Don't bother checking out my website for the most recent updates, because I've
been too lazy to update it!  Check Battleclinic!

Offline FoaS_XC

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • Robinomicon
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2010, 01:57:45 pm »
"Big Trouble In Little China?" Egg Shen, I believe was the character who said something like that.  :D

Yup! :)
Robinomicon

Offline TheStressPuppy

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • trekmods.com
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 03:27:19 am »
At the risk of drifting off topic.. Allow me to give you all a startling revelation about modding, all things "canon", and the JJverse, ENT, VOY, DS-9 etc. etc. and why it is taken so seriously. Gene Roddenbury when he created the original series wanted everything to have a purpose, and a function. Not some arbitrary gizmo with a funky name which served no purpose at all. Which is why some get so fanatical when something looks out of place, or continuity is changed from one show to the next, or is in fact totally rebooted as the JJverse did. "Canon" is at the mercy of the shows Writers. The Story tellers. I do not put much weight on "canon" anymore, because it changes with every new incarnation.

Now for the revelation... All of this is called Art, and the Writers, The Storytellers, the FX guys, and even US are the artist. Does it really matter if the this mans interpretation of the JJ Rommie Warbird still looks 1960's ish? No one has seen a JJverse romulan ship other than the giant squid..err i mean Narada. It doesnt matter. It is Art. Like it or hate it. You can not deny it.

As another poster summed it up in so many words. Everyone has their own point of view on what Trek ART should be. Everyone sees Trek in their own way. It doesnt matter what era. What universe. What ship, What detail. It is all ART, and this man interpreted what "could" be. Just like others who use reference material religiously interpret "what is". It is still ART be it official, or unofficial.

I like the JJverse to a point. I also like TOS, TMP, and TNG.  I do not like Voyager, or ENT. Not because of the ships themselves which are considered ART, and there are some brilliant ship designs in those two shows. I do not like them because of the artists failed attempts to tell a good story. Bad writing overall IMO., and that is exactly that. Just my opinion. I know others feel the same way about TOS, or early TNG. That is ok. We are all ARTIST's here, and we all agree to disagree.

I happen to like this mans interpretation of a romulan ship.

Offline markyd

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 12:47:12 pm »
Exactly..

The problem is some people take trek so strongly it becomes personally as strong as religion (NO RELIGIOUS DEBATES OR INSULTS INTENDED  :knuppel2:)

But you are right in all you say..  and we should all let it flow, the best example of which in my opinion is ATOLM, the man has been doing it for years and the likes of WZ, TUS, ATHEORHAVEN and other have been building his designs for years.

KUDOS  :)

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2010, 11:41:44 pm »
But those ships ARE Fed...only they are Abrams Feds...and if memory serves those klingons look like the klingon ships from the deleted scenes and also from the MadMan's shipyard.

there was going to klinks in the latest movie? What was their purpose? target practice for the narada?

Offline Norsehound

• Lt.
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2010, 04:12:11 pm »
The cruisers themselves were only seen in the Kobyashi Maru scenario. So they served as target practice.... for Kirk.

There was an entire sequence set on Rure Penthe where Nero busts out though, showing klingons. I rather liked the way they answered the forehead problems with masks, but if the comics are to be taken into consideration the klinks sill get lobster heads. Boo.